PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer fund - would you contribute ??
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Transfer fund - would you contribute ??  (Read 7047 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 09, 2007, 09:31:06 PM »

PLEASE only reply to this post if you want to say YES, I simply want a quick and concise straw poll on wether this is worth taking a proper look at. IF a bank account was set up with the specific task of letting graham compete with other clubs for transfers, would you be interesting in contributing to it? Lets say a standing order of a minimum payment of £1 a week, you could donate whatever you wanted(which would not be in the public domain obviously), all those that contribue would obviously be privvy to the balance details of any account,Dalton said yesterday it would be fantastic if it was available.This funding would be for players only, no ifs or buts,players and players alone. I know some may hark back to the £1 a week ground development scheme from the early 90's, but this is somthing far more positive,if we could get the numbers,so anyone intersted please post below.

Jenga

Re: Transfer fund - would you contribute ??
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 09:33:22 PM »

Yes I have already offered money to ideas4alty.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 09:40:37 PM »

PLEASE only reply to this post if you want to say YES, I simply want a quick and concise straw poll on wether this is worth taking a proper look at. IF a bank account was set up with the specific task of letting graham compete with other clubs for transfers, would you be interesting in contributing to it? Lets say a standing order of a minimum payment of £1 a week, you could donate whatever you wanted(which would not be in the public domain obviously), all those that contribue would obviously be privvy to the balance details of any account,Dalton said yesterday it would be fantastic if it was available.This funding would be for players only, no ifs or buts,players and players alone. I know some may hark back to the £1 a week ground development scheme from the early 90's, but this is somthing far more positive,if we could get the numbers,so anyone intersted please post below.

im up for it

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 09:43:03 PM »

I'd do a pound a week - no probs.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 09:44:29 PM »

Ill do it and i no 3 more people who im sure will be too

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 11:01:30 PM »

yep. count me in. I think if the majority of us were able to donate £1 a week that would be a big help.

samba

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 12:25:10 AM »

I'd definately be up for putting in a quid a week.

thegazelle

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 12:35:39 AM »

i'm in but dont want to do direct debit etc just cash now and then
and you can raffle a weekend at chez moi 3/4 times ayear
if you sign leo skeete i'm out

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 06:41:04 AM »

And theres the problem if you sign so and so then i'm out.If people do this then it has to be left to the manager who he gets in etc.I will say a tentative yes for now,but then we still have the problem of the players wages.
Harold

The Fan

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 07:59:32 AM »

Sounds good to me. Could also be used in terms of offering the odd contract here or there (eg would have been good to lock Lewis up on a deal in hindsight and I think Mr Logan would be of benefit also).

More than happy to donate but would it just be for transfers or also to increase wages and/or give contracts out to certain players?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:59:03 AM by The Fan »

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »

I have received about 3 emails so far making offers of contributions. If you haven't already done so, send me an email with how much you'd be prepared to contribute and how often.

ideas4alty@hotmail.co.uk

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 09:39:21 AM »

Latest update:

Including one email which I received this morning I have actually now received a total of 5 responses on this subject. When added together, their total donation (per month) is £47. This isn't bad considering I've only heard off 5 people up to now, so many thanks to those people and if any more people are keen on this idea please get in touch asap.

Cheers.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »

Interesting!  Shows how hard it is for the club tho, I reckon a decent striker would be £1200 a month!

louise1925

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 11:48:21 AM »

I'm no expert on these things by any means, but I think £1200 is a bit of a high estimate. £600+ I would think.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »

If you work on the basis that a good striker gets paid £200 a week (minimum) that puts our minimum target at £800 a month. What I would like to know is what sort of money (if any) the club can currently afford for a loan player without special donations. That would then give us a clearer picture of what the fans would need to raise. Without asking for specific figures I have sent an email to Grahame Rowley asking for a rough idea.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team