News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Graham & Dalton

Author Topic: Well done Graham & Dalton  (Read 1617 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »

For masterminding a fantastic result at crawley yesterday,thought the tactics and team selection were absolutley spot on.I thought the whole team worked fantastically hard and it wasnt a case of "smash and grab" we matched crawley pound for pound for the whole 90 minutes.Brilliant to see Warren get on the score sheet, an excellent strike and well deserved from such a hardworking player, man of the match for me was Ryan Shotton, what a great player he is going to be,for an 18 year old he showed the composure and confidence of a  player ten years older, and a special mention for scotty,excellent performance at left back yesterday. 

altyf

Re: Well done Graham & Dalton
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:22:04 AM »

Spot on....a perfect summary for a perfect win....

Clean sheet, fantastic performances all round and its particularly promising that we looked a lot more comfirtable away from home...the same at york and Halifax, we were relaxed and battled hard and kept going and despite dealing with pressure for most of the 90, they never really harmed us and there was always a chance with Littles shot from the corner and Senior looking sharp that we could get a goal.

Subs were again spot on with O'niell defending brilliantly and Munroe coming on to tighten up...and Pottsy up front I must admit I wasnt in support of, but he set up Warren for the screamer so well done Graham and Dalton, exellent preparation and tactics.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »

Brilliant stuff yesterday. The way we contained Crawley and restricted them to only one or two actual chances was down to the hard work of the players but more particularly to Graham and Dalton winning the tactical battle. Colin Little confirmed this afterwards - the management had told the players exactly what to expect and exactly how to deal with it.

I thought the performance of our back four in particular was simply outstanding yesterday. I hadn't seen Shotton before but he does indeed look a hell of a player and I'm pleased to hear that Graham's hopeful of extending his loan. And Tinson produced exactly the kind of commanding, canny display we've seen so many times when he's been playing for the opposition.

I also think that, thinking back to last season, to have got an away win relatively early in the season will be a huge boost for all our remaining away games.

Oh and one other thing - it was never, in a million years, a penalty. Tinson won the ball cleanly. The referee was on the edge of the centre circle, so quite simply guessed - he couldn't have seen it. I'm amazed that some Alty fans think it might have been a penalty - even the Crawley fans knew it wasn't.

altyf

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »

Exactly:
It's not ONLY the fact that it was NEVER a penalty, its also the fact that no Crawley player or fan appealed for a pen and also, even more frustratingly, the ref was 50 yards away, he couldnt have possibly seen....the alty fans go a great view of it and nearly all could see that the ball was clearly won...I look forward to this being confirmed on Torquay TV (Setanta)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 05:10:54 PM »

Well done TEAM!! ;D ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team