News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Teamwork is the key and Shotton likely to be here for another month

Author Topic: Teamwork is the key and Shotton likely to be here for another month  (Read 1501 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Teamwork the key for Robins
By Connor Murphy
Comment

Chris Senior scored twice in Tuesday's 3-2 friendly defeat to Ashton United.
IT'S one for all and all for one at Altrincham as they look to build on two straight wins in the Blue Square Premier.

Robins boss Graham Heathcote believes the collective effort and team spirit shown in Saturday's 1-0 win at Crawley will be the key to their survival hopes.

A gritty, disciplined performance secured their first away win of the season but now Heathcote wants his players to replicate that week in, week out, starting with Saturday's home game against Rushden and Diamonds.

"It's all about building on the performances from the last two weeks, especially the Crawley performance. If we can do that, I'm confident we can move on and do well in this league," he told SAM Sport.

"We have to become a tight, competitive side that is able to win the battle on the pitch whatever the opposition.

"The Crawley win was away from home so we can't come back home and just sit in like we did there, but we have to be expansive while remaining tight and compact and let other teams try to break us down.

"It was our best sustained performance this season, although not necessarily the best footballing performance. For the first time for the whole 90 minutes, we stayed compact as a side.

"You also have to have a bit about yourself when the opportunity does arise and Warren took his goal really well. That will do him the world of good.

"It was the collectiveness of the performance that most pleased me. Good sides don't just attack, they know how to defend as well, but defend as a unit. Everyone contributed to the clean sheet."

A hastily-organised friendly on Tuesday night saw Alty lose 3-2 to Unibond Premier side Ashton United, Chris Senior scoring both goals.

It was a chance for Heathcote to run the rule over three trialists, former Manchester United pair Lee Roche and Aaron Burns and ex-Stoke midfielder Jeff McGore, while also giving existing squad members a run-out.

But none of the trio are likely to come to Moss Lane on a permanent basis, although on-loan Stoke defender Ryan Shotton is likely to remain at the club for at least another month.

Heathcote added: "It was an opportunity to look at a couple of players and make a few decisions. We have a game on Saturday and Tuesday and it was just a chance to get a run out and keep everyone ticking over.

"We have played two games against league sides when our application was good and one against Unibond opposition when it wasn't so good. But that can happen with these games, players can relax a little too much.

"I can't see me taking any of the trialists. I'll just keep looking but people really don't understand how difficult it is to get players of the right ability in."

4:08pm today
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Teamwork is the key and Shotton likely to be here for another month
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:10:14 PM »

So none of them look like coming, roll on the next friendly great value for £2, I enjoyed last night, I think these reserve/friendly games work well, especially with the bar staying open during the game, so you can nip in for ten minutes if your bored cold  ;D

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »

Great News about Shotton he looks like he has built an understanding with Tinno and he has shown good composure for one so young.

lukealty12

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 07:51:01 AM »

From offical site:

RYAN TO STAY?
Altrincham FC are hopeful of agreeing an extension of centre-back Ryan Shotton's loan from Stoke City.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Teamwork is the key and Shotton likely to be here for another month