PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich - winding up order
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Northwich - winding up order  (Read 9057 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:42:01 PM »

From the Vics forum -

---------------
Below is the notice made public yesterday concerning the winding up of the football club.
The Trust has been aware of the seriousness of the situation for some time and as guests of Cheshire FM tonight on the phone in we hope to be able to give out more information on what the Trust has been working on.
Please listen - 92.5fm from 6.0pm

Publication Date: Thursday, 4 October 2007

Notice Code: 2450

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Companies Court No 4979 of 2007

In the Matter of NORTHWICH VICTORIA FOOTBALL CLUB (2004) LIMITED

and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A petition to wind up the above-named Company of Spring Court, Spring Road, Hale, Cheshire WA14 2UQ presented on 13 July 2007 by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs of Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LB claiming to be creditors of the Company will be heard at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL on 17 October 2007 at 1030 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any persons intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the petitioners or to their Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on 16 October 2007.

The Petitioners’ Solicitor is the Solicitor to HM Revenue and Customs, Solicitor’s Office, East Wing, Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LB, telephone 020 7438 7731. (Ref SLR 1323786/37/W/CEG.)

4 October 2007.

Jenga

Re: Northwich - winding up order
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »

Is this the club or just a company running part of the club?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 05:27:42 PM »

Ironic Company address.

Alas, Boxing Day afternoon looks increasingly likely to be spent watching The Great Escape on BBC2....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 05:29:48 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »

Of course it would be sad to lose the derbies, but on a selfish note if they do get wound up Farsley and York lose the three points they got against Vics and we are out of the relegation zone!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »

All old rivalries aside I would be horrified if Vics went to the wall.

I know that there is a long history of animosity between our two clubs but I think that with circumstances as they seem to be at present the fate of another local club and the heartache that the fans of that club may face transcends and rivalry or animosity.

Just imagine how we'd feel if it was us!!

I think that we should show our support, NOT for Mr Connett but for the supporters, the staff and the  players at this time, and, should things get worse, in the future too.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 06:30:07 PM »

I agree - I can't believe how I feel at the thought of Vics disappearing: a sense of loss, made more real by the fact that Runcorn have already walked this path.  And to echo earlier sentiments, there but for the grace of god (and good business sense) go Alty. 

louise1925

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 08:21:13 PM »

This is terrible news. A great old club like Northwich and on a selfish note two 2000 attendance matches over Christmas. God, I hope we get a good cup run and Vics manage to find there way out of this - but neither seems very likely.

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 10:25:35 PM »

I'm afraid it looks like we will be in the NW Counties next season, but thanks for the good thoughts from you folks, I know we have the odd tosser supporter(don't we all), but I'm so bloody angry that this bloody pillock is going to destroy 134 years of our towns history for what?, because he was too pig headed to take peoples advice. SNAGGLETOOTHED WANKER!

samba

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 11:30:11 PM »

I definately feel for you, as I'm sure most people do on here.  Neglegent of old rivalries, nobody wants to see a club destroyed like this.  Although it seems unlikely, I hope something can be sorted out!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 11:34:11 PM »

I hope the slime get out of this, we love our derbies and my daughter thought last years were brilliant.

Good luck Vics, hope you find a way out.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 12:26:14 AM »

If the worst comes to the worst and Vics have to start again lower down the pyramid how would people feel about dedicating a half-time collection to the cause?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Bath Alty

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 12:30:14 AM »

Or we could host a money raising friendly and split the profits with AFC Northwhich on Boxing Day if we didn't have a league game to go to :(

A very sad state of affairs

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 08:55:42 AM »

Agreed, we shoul do something, just like when Barrow were in trouble.
Northwich Vics is too old a none league club just to go to the wall.
Could so easily have been us.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 09:10:03 AM »

For me our three main rivals have always been Macc, Vics and Runcorn (in that order), I've never seen the Tameside clubs as serious rivals. Runcorn have reformed and dropped down the leagues, Macc (for the time being) are playing in a higher league, and now Northwich? Football is all about passion - and that is at its highest when you are mixing it with your rivals. It would be a big blow for Alty if the Vics went the same way as Runcorn.
How about a pre-season tournament between Alty, Macc, AFC Vics and Runcorn Linnets?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 09:52:03 AM »

How about a pre-season tournament between Alty, Macc, AFC Vics and Runcorn Linnets?

Thats the best Idea Ive heard in ages, could make money for vics/linnets via football card,raffle,bucket collect etc.

SATURDAY
AFC Vics v Runcorn Linnets at 1pm
Alty v Macc Town 3pm

SUNDAY
3/4 place playoff 1pm
FINAL 3pm

The bar could be open all the way through, sell tickets that are valid for either every match or just for single matches, get it well publicised,and advertise very early on and you would attract ground hoppers from all over with the prospect of four matches in just over24 hours on the same ground.Plus you would get some medka attention as its usually only your big clubs that have "tournements". Briliant idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team