News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty on Setanta - help pls

Author Topic: Alty on Setanta - help pls  (Read 2959 times)

Jenga

« on: October 11, 2007, 12:13:33 PM »

So we finally have our game on Setanta - away at Stevenage on a Monday night - thanks TV we love you !!! NOT.

Anyway the question I want to raise is the best way of viewing this game.

I understand the club may put the game on in the bar and possibly a pub or two might show it, in which case this is fine.

But if want to watch the game at home (might be hard to get a babysitter) I will need to purchase Setanta for the game via Sky.

So I have some questions on this I am not up to speed on the technology:-

1) How much is it?
2) How do I purchase it?
3) Do i have to subscribe to all Setanta channels if not which one will it be shown on?
4) Do I then have to cancell my subscription or do I literally purchase a month and it then switches off after a month?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

RedWhiteRedWhite

Re: Alty on Setanta - help pls
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 12:21:04 PM »

I've purchased Setanta, and basically they activate your viewing card for your box. (£9.99 Per month as advertised)

Slightly annoying that we have 4 sky boxes in our house and they wanted an extra fiver per month for each other box!!!

Pretty sure the whole package comes with the purchase, NASN/Celtic/Rangers etc etc...and that they continue to charge you, unless you phone to cancel.

On a personal note, i think the Blue Square match coverage is really good. Real behind the scenes stuff, decent commentators, and seeing GH interviewed mid-match is going to be something else!!!

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 12:24:39 PM »

Yeah I thought they might continue to charge unless you contact them. At least you can call them to cancel it. With the last lot of pay channels I had I had to write to them to cancel the subscripition - i guess that is what you get for watching inapropriate material  ;D

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »

Is there anywhere were you can see the BSP games and when they are on? I can only seem to find two weeks viewing on the website

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 08:42:58 PM »

I get Setanta as part of the Virgin XL package. I will be recording the game on DVD so if anyone wants a copy i will post a message on here and you can collect it from me at the next home game.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 11:17:43 PM »

You must give at least 30 days notice to cancel therefore you end up at 1st
having to pay for 2 months at least.

Strange though that they allow you to subscribe online yet, when you wish to cancel,
you have to phone or write, they will not accept emails to cancel.

Also, their signal works on a card basis only, unlike Sky where the card MUST be paired with a
certain box (serial numbert o be given), but with setanta you can get any old Sky card which
might only have the FREE channels on, but with this now Setanta enabled Sky Freesat only card will work
in ANY Sky box.
I have a Sky Sub, but also have other sky boxes non subscribed to watch FREESAT, so i put my
Setanta sub on the Freesat card so that i could watch two sports events at once on two different TV's.

The deal with most pubs & clubs who subscribe to SKY Sports is that they also get Setanta for very little extra even for FREE.
It was a deal struck between the pub trade & SKY/Setanta. It is possible for a pub to have only
Setanta & not Sky if they wished so.

cheers
for FREE i u

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 08:54:24 AM »

Thanks rigsby, I thought something like 2 months might happen, hence my question.

I assume with sky you just pay and they switch you on immediately like any other sky channel? Or do  i need to be sent a seperate sky card to put in the box? If this happens how much notice to I need to give to get the card posted to me?

Hopefully it is phone or do it online with instant switch on, so give it 24 hours notice to be sure?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 09:45:48 AM »

Unless you are a Virgin customer, in which case you can get Setanta as part of your package for no extra cost,you need to call Setanta directly on the number on the home page of their website.You do not need any extra cards & it takes about 30 minutes to get you connected.You get all of the Setanta Channels (8 in total I think,including Setanta Ireland).

The cheapest way of getting all the Sports packages is through Virgin,particularly if you bundle in your home phone,broadband & mobile, but the drawback is that you cannot get Sky 1,Sky 2 & Sky Sports News currently on Virgin........this was a big issue for the other members of my family as most of their favourite programmes are on Sky 1 & Sky 2 & therefore we are currently still on Sky............the kids & wives of today!!!!

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 09:54:43 AM »

Great, thanks all for the help.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 10:23:56 PM »

Don't forget you also get all the goals each week - worth £9.99 a month for me as an Alty fan in exile in London
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 11:23:29 PM »

Acton Alty, don't think I know you but My first ever London address was on Cumberland Rd just off poets area behind Churchfield Rd.......happy uncomplicated days!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »

Don't forget you also get all the goals each week - worth £9.99 a month for me as an Alty fan in exile in London

It's repeated about 4 times over both setanta sports channels as well. So if you miss it theres a few chances of seeing it.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team