PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday a must win game? - predictions
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Saturday a must win game? - predictions  (Read 4526 times)

Jenga

« on: October 19, 2007, 08:50:36 AM »

I know every game is a must win, but in reality we have not really closed the game much between us and the teams above us, but we have stemmed the tide.

So is saturday a really must win game to keep us in contention?

Personally I think there is alot of pressure on us to win.

As far as a result I would be happy with a draw though.

So my prediction is going to be 1-1.

altyf

Re: Saturday a must win game? - predictions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:48:25 AM »

I dont think tomorrow is a must win game because we all know Ebbsfleet, whilst having worlds sh*ttest name are a good side and once again (as always in this league) we will not be favourites. However, we really do need to start turning moss lane into the fortress it has been over the last two seasons and I have seen the team starting to gel over the last few games....Ebbsfleet are extremely unpredictable. Taking all into account I'm going for 2-1 Alty!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 09:50:07 AM by Moss Lane Man »

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 09:50:18 AM »

Tomorrow is all about the first goal. If we score first it will be 2-0 to us. If they score first it will be 2-0 to them.

It's that simple.

Att: 801
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 09:55:37 AM by Alty365 »

Alex

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »

after watching us last week i think we can definatly score goals it's just keeping that concentration at the back and i have full faith in shotton and tinno that last weekend was just a blip and it will be back to normal service this weekend so i'm going for:

Alty 3        gravesend 1
Senior x2       moore
Lawton
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 10:09:17 AM by The Duke »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »

I thik the problem is that Fleet are a strong, physical, ultra professional outfit. The type we really struggle against. Last year just as we were on a roll they came to Moss Lane and did a real job on us. You won't like them much but they were so so impressive. They also put about £900 behind the bar when they stayed drinking for about 4 hours afterwards.

Anything we get on Saturday will be a bonus I'm afraid adn I feel it'll be much of the same as before, with the exception that for once is possibly isn't the result I'm most concerned about.

Hmm,

Alty 1         Fleet 2

Senior 63   Someone 38
                  Someone else 56

Att: A piss poor 791. 21 from Fleet with 3 drums and a trumpet.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:40:59 AM »

Alty 1    Ebbsfleet 0
Little 11

Att  - 892 (looks about 691 though)

Away Att - 28 including 2 flags, one small drum and one bloke who spends the game giving the home fans hand gestures for no appearent reason.

As customary, away fans must chant "is this all you get at home" despite them taking 1/5th of what we will take there and thus them contribuitng to a smaller crowd.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 11:07:42 AM »

Roughly 26 years ago we let slip a 3 goal lead at Runcorn in the last 20 minutes ( but went on to lose 5-4).   Shortly afterwardswe beat Gravesend 3-1 at Moss Lane - our last win against the North Kent side.  Will history repeat itself?  Alty 3 Ebbsfleet 1 - Dean, Senior, Peyton

By the way - four years ago on Saturday, Stuart Coburn made his return to a struggling Alty side with a 1-0 win at Hyde (Niell Hardys winner resulting from the Hyde keeper slipping over as the ball was thrown to him late in the game).  Will Stuart be back between the sticks on Saturday.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 11:08:59 AM »

i'd stick with accy nothing against stuart but we have looked more solid defensively with accy in goal

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »

Alty 3 Ebbsfleet 1

Att: 981

Ebbsfleet to bring 31 including a drunk fat bloke with tattoos and someone wearing last seasons shirt.

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »

Alty 1-0 (logan)

markecky

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »

i'd stick with accy nothing against stuart but we have looked more solid defensively with accy in goal

The last five minutes at Salisbury may mean we see a return for Stuart I reckon

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 02:11:28 PM »

Alt win, Farsley defeat and one point behind them by saturday night.
Come on you Robins!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »

I thik the problem is that Fleet are a strong, physical, ultra professional outfit. The type we really struggle against. Last year just as we were on a roll they came to Moss Lane and did a real job on us. You won't like them much but they were so so impressive. They also put about £900 behind the bar when they stayed drinking for about 4 hours afterwards.

Anything we get on Saturday will be a bonus I'm afraid adn I feel it'll be much of the same as before, with the exception that for once is possibly isn't the result I'm most concerned about.

Hmm,

Alty 1         Fleet 2

Senior 63   Someone 38
                  Someone else 56

Att: A piss poor 791. 21 from Fleet with 3 drums and a trumpet.

Actually let me revise that - Att: A piss poor 780 with 10 from Fleet with 2 drums and a trumpet...

http://www.fansfocus.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1223771#Post1223771

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »

I think this is a really tough one to call - They looked quite good last year at Moss Lane but don't seem to have kicked on since and for that reason I think they are there for the taking.

I know it was only a friendly on Tues vs the legends and nothing can be taken from it - but all 9 of the goals were scored by the strikers so hopefully their confidence will be high!

I'm going for a narrow Alty victory so 2 - 1. Senior and Dean. Think Stu will return in net.

Attendance - 1105

johnford c.s

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 02:29:35 PM »

after last weeks result i think we can get away with all three points so my prediction is 2--1 alti ;) ;) :) :D :o[/color]
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team