PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Motivation
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 4677 times)

Jenga

Motivation
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:07:10 AM »

How many of todays team looked proud to be playing for alty?

If I worked with the same motivation in my job as Alty do I would be sacked.

The passion, the pride, the hunger the want to win is not there in the VAST majority of players.

I am gutted but i just cant see it changing, unless changes are made higher up - we are going to get relegated the way we play so lets go through the pain barrier now and rebuild for next season.

In my mind this season has gone, but I will be there cheerong them on until the end.

Peake me i dont care - the way i feel at the moment about some of the players at the moment makes me not care.

Negative yes - but it is a reality and you all know it in your heads i am sure.

But my heart fights on.

flaggerN

Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:27:36 AM »

Lets all give up and bury our heads then shall we. What utter garbage.

chelsea

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:33:05 AM »

Lets all give up and bury our heads then shall we. What utter garbage.

Is Jenga an Alty fan or a FCUM fan ??....or can you be both  :o...I don't really know !!

teasybeaver

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 09:18:24 AM »

How many of todays team looked proud to be playing for alty?

If I worked with the same motivation in my job as Alty do I would be sacked.

The passion, the pride, the hunger the want to win is not there in the VAST majority of players.

I am gutted but i just cant see it changing, unless changes are made higher up - we are going to get relegated the way we play so lets go through the pain barrier now and rebuild for next season.

In my mind this season has gone, but I will be there cheerong them on until the end.

Peake me i dont care - the way i feel at the moment about some of the players at the moment makes me not care.

Negative yes - but it is a reality and you all know it in your heads i am sure.

But my heart fights on.

This isn't rubbish. From what i saw it is spot on. Passion was questionable to say the least and it echoed throughout the ground.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 09:53:15 AM »

Thank you teasybeaver, it is Flaggern and chelsea who are burying their heads and trying to imagine it isnt happening, and what has FCUM got to do with it?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 09:56:30 AM by Jenga »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »

the way i feel at the moment about some of the players at the moment makes me not care.

I see this being a common thought at the moment. I go to the matches with 3 other people, 2 of which said that they wouldn't be back this season as, when it came down to it, this was just one bad performance after another and they just didn't care enough anymore. There's no passion, no fight, no hunger from the players... and basically there's no enjoyment in watching Alty anymore - it's just 2 hours of sh*t for £12.

I happen to agree with this, but will still be there - feck knows why :(

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:12:01 PM by CB »

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 12:57:54 PM »

I totally agree with Jenga. Today's team just seemed to rollover and accept the defeat. I've never seen a team spirit lost so quickly as they did yesterday. We were the better team for 30 mins, once they scored the players seemed to accept that they were going to lose!

Where has the fighting spirit gone from last year... On paper we are a better team than last year, but in reality the players have to make an effort to get anything out of any game?!

Add to that the nervous atmosphere around the ground and we're in a whole heap of sh*t!

We'll keep on supporting, but we need something back from the players! Like most that have posted on here -  only Scott and Senior came out of the game with any credit...

chelsea

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 08:50:43 PM »

Thank you teasybeaver, it is Flaggern and chelsea who are burying their heads and trying to imagine it isnt happening, and what has FCUM got to do with it?

There was a Jenga posting on the cod army site as a FCUM fan, I was wondering if it was you ??

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 09:26:17 PM »

let me add I have NO IDEA how Gary Scott did not get man of the match .. He WAS and has ALWAYS BEEN a credit to this football club.

louise1925

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »

I sort of agree with both sides of this debate. It's 100% true that our heads went down so easily on Saturday and that has been something which hasn't happened in two seasons at National level. I happen to be one of those fans who feels something big needs to happen at the club and soon. However, on Saturday, except for a crazy short spell (as with previous match too) we looked fairly competitive for long periods against a pretty decent side. Going forward especially, we looked better with both Senior and Logan. The problem is, we are just carrying too many players at the moment and some of them play in crucial positions. Without Tinno we look like we could concede at will and I challenge anyone to be certain we'll simply trample over a mediocre Unibond team on Saturday. A few crosses into our penalty area and we could be in serious trouble - that's the harsh truth at the moment.

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 10:05:46 PM »

There was a Jenga posting on the cod army site as a FCUM fan, I was wondering if it was you ??

DEFINATELY NOT ME

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 12:03:49 AM »

I may well be in a minority of one here and I will concede that he has improved since he arrived but I still fail to be convinced that Tinson (a) was an outstanding signing and (b) makes such a difference to the defence.

If we still look fair at the back when Ryan Shotton has gone back to Stoke I'll quite happily eat my hat!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 01:19:59 AM »

to be fair i think all alty players know what it means to turn out in the red/white for us. (unless GH has really lost it). gravesend ebbsfleet was an awful display, both sides were crap, just one managed to score 3 times due to a really piss poor performance. Alty didnt show the passionate performance many were expecting, the guys didnt play as a team, but more like a group of individuals who had been given ten minutes to get to know each other. This group of lads CAN do a lot better, its about time they did a lot better.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 08:59:58 AM »

I've been concerned for a while now about the lack of comunication on the pitch. After Tinson went off on Saturday we were very quiet on the park. No one seemed to be demanding the ball and there was no one bossing, encouraging and directing the play. I personally believe that we are lacking leadership on the pitch rather than off it. The same was true last season, Bushell was hardly the most vocal captain after all. We need someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and lift the team when things go wrong. Perhaps some of the senior players need to step up to the mark and take responsibility especially in midfield.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 10:10:46 AM »

One thing that i have noticed is that teams are murdering us as soon as they get a chance because they know we're having a tough time of it.

I don't think the ovrall standard of the league has improved but I can't remember the last time we made a mistake and got away with it.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Motivation