PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Incredible scenes at the final whistle
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Incredible scenes at the final whistle  (Read 9368 times)

markecky

« on: October 27, 2007, 04:54:14 PM »

1)  Alty fans celebrated an FA Cup win

2) Alty actually went into the draw for something!

3) There manager alledgedly refused to shake GH's hand, and said "I hope you get the sack you fat manc b**tard"

Ace!!!

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Incredible scenes at the final whistle
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:16:54 PM »

off conf forum

Altringham are a bunch of ignorant big heads according to the Kendal manager Lee Ashcroft and he hopes they get relegated.

Kendal were robbed according to the commentator and apparently it took nearly five minutes for Graham Heathcote to be dragged off the field at the end as he tried to have a go at the people in the Kendal dugout.

ukvegan

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 06:23:26 PM »

Hopefully you'll take this as an honest view of the game from a Kendal fan.

Don't think you played that well and I expected more from you.  Hope you improve for the league or you will struggle.  The goal was a poor one from our point of view - very scrappy, and for most of the game we were all over you but a goal would not come.  We had a huge shout for a penalty 5 minutes from the end that might have given us a reply, but hey, that's football and you won.  In ten years time the stats will just show 0-1.

Hope you enjoyed your day out to the Lakes and best of luck to Alty in the next round, you've got a superb draw

MFCMark

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 06:26:38 PM »

It's not often we get known as a 'superb draw', so I shall revel in the limelight.

;D

ukvegan

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 06:27:33 PM »

Well we'd have been happy to get you at Kendal!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 06:32:48 PM »

Hopefully you'll take this as an honest view of the game from a Kendal fan.

Don't think you played that well and I expected more from you.  Hope you improve for the league or you will struggle.  The goal was a poor one from our point of view - very scrappy, and for most of the game we were all over you but a goal would not come.  We had a huge shout for a penalty 5 minutes from the end that might have given us a reply, but hey, that's football and you won.  In ten years time the stats will just show 0-1.

Hope you enjoyed your day out to the Lakes and best of luck to Alty in the next round, you've got a superb draw

A pretty fair view from the game IMO your keeper cost you the game, didnt see the penalty incident but your people behind the goal all certainley shouted for it.

Thought you had the better chances; still a wins a win and what a fantastic next round draw :)
Come on you red and white........

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 07:02:31 PM »

Having spent all the game behind the top goal, I would say the clearest penalty was for Alty after 10 minutes for trip on Colin Little in the 6 yard box, in fact Kendal fans around me were amazed it was'nt given. Alty were fortunate with the goal, but it definately was'nt handled in as Kendal Manager claimed. During the 2nd half, Kendal did have the upper hand, but I would'nt say Stuart was called on to make any outstanding saves. And regarding penalty claims, nothing was clear from where I was stood, and the crowd certainly did'nt claim with any conviction. In Alty's defence, how long was that grass? A trim would'nt have gone amiss!! Anyway, it does'nt matter now, Alty play Millwall in the 1st round, Kendal dont.

ukvegan

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »

Must admit I breathed a sigh of relief when that penalty wasn't given early on.  As for the grass - well it rains a lot up here and grows quickly.  It was probably only cut short yesterday.

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 07:13:24 PM »

By the sound of things neither manager conducted themself well after the game. However, it was all history as soon as the draw was made and I can't wait for the Millwall game.

Alty are back in the FA Cup. Come on!!!!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 08:15:39 PM »

Thanks UKVegan, think that was a reasonable point of view, albeit we had a very good appeal for a pen turned down early in the game.

Enjoyed the visit to the ground, your excellent bar and the Kendal fans hospitality.........shame about the quality of the referee and the game itself though !
Nothing wrong with Colin Little's goal either, but we weathered the storm and I think you were unlucky not to get a replay.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »

Having spent all the game behind the top goal, I would say the clearest penalty was for Alty after 10 minutes for trip on Colin Little in the 6 yard box, in fact Kendal fans around me were amazed it was'nt given. Alty were fortunate with the goal, but it definately was'nt handled in as Kendal Manager claimed. During the 2nd half, Kendal did have the upper hand, but I would'nt say Stuart was called on to make any outstanding saves. And regarding penalty claims, nothing was clear from where I was stood, and the crowd certainly did'nt claim with any conviction. In Alty's defence, how long was that grass? A trim would'nt have gone amiss!! Anyway, it does'nt matter now, Alty play Millwall in the 1st round, Kendal dont.

firstly, i thought that was chris senior but oh well, that grass was very long, we didnt pay well and i think you only troubled coburn once and that was int he first half. after that it was mainly shots wide/over etc.

on a side note, at least nobody can say that GH isn't passionate about his football. ;)

Great bar by the way. :)

Hulme Robin

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 09:20:18 PM »

Chris Senior kept disappearing at times amongst that long grass

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »

Being one of the alty fans to stay for a bit behind the match and get the late train back i actually asked their manager if he had slapped GH and made those comments made earlier in the thread. (it was a rumour going around that this had happened). The answer from lee ashcroft was "f**k off" (very nice really and in earshot of his chairman). A few minutes later i was asked to leave the social club. no real reason was given, although i had a senior steward (or person from the ground) demand i consumer my full bottle of bud and exit. At no point did i aledge that the incident had taken place, but to query if the incident HAD taken place.

I have to say the kendal chairman was an excellent person. made sure the social club was very quiet whilst the draw was made, and personally shook my hand after the draw was made. Its a shame that some people (like their manager are complete dicks and) spoil the day out. but all i really have to say is

[/u]BRING ON THE MILLWALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 12:56:17 AM »

Ashcroft is clearly a cock. I kind of wish GH had just shook his hand and wished him luck for the next round.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 08:10:28 AM »

Everyone else at Kendal ws hospitable & friendly. Its a shame their manager was such a bad loser. Sounds like he has a very large chip on his shoulder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team