News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 All Ticket?

Author Topic: All Ticket?  (Read 3495 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
All Ticket?
« on: October 27, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »

If I understand Mark the Millwall fan correctly, tickets for away supporters will only be sold to season ticket holders. In order to prevent away supporters accessing the home end, will it be neccesary to make the whole game ticket only. I remember the club (or police?) adopting this policy against Wigan a few years back ( a few Alty fans who lived in the Wigan area haad trouble getting tickets for the home section.) I mention this as I suspect an all ticket game will have a negative effect on the attendance - those floating supporters who "can't be arsed" to get a ticket in advance.

MFCMark

Re: All Ticket?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »

It'll be best for you to make it all-ticket.

For us, it's 99% likely to be Season Ticket Holders, then Members, then General Sale, but Season Ticket Holders and Members are 99% likely to snap the tickets up.

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 07:25:02 PM »

Millwall do their best to make sure supporters can't go to games. The membership scheme killed it for most fans. I gave up when they moved to Senegal fields. The Millwall that exists now is not the Millwall i supported for 40 years.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »

I'm sure it will be all ticket and I'd be surprised if the police set the capacity at anything like 5000-6000. My only worry now is obtaining a ticket(tickets) from overseas). Fantastic draw.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 07:49:18 PM »

will badly affect the crowd if its all ticket especially if its on telly as above people just cant be arsed but the police may have a say.

crossie

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »

I just want some help really; Im a season ticket holder for Alty, so does that mean i can get into the game regardless, i.e i mean will season  tickets for alty fans get preference over the general public of Alty?

Orange

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 08:28:01 PM »

Just to let you know that all away games that we play are all ticket.  In order to get a ticket, you need to produce your season ticket, or membership card in order to get one.

Sandbach -Lion

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 12:04:02 AM »

This game will be season ticket or members only for 'wall. We will sell out - 800 or 1400 - whatever. All will be real football fans. Enjoy - whatever the result. There will be few problems unless others from Manchester turn up and look for them. As I said - enjoy - this is the FA Cup, for both sides - players and fans - it's the taking part .... well, if you forget 2004.  :) :)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 01:09:45 AM »

I think this will happen

The away end will be "all ticket". Its up to millwall to allocate their tickets.

the seating area will be "all ticket" with season ticket holders given 1st priority.

As for the home end (app 4000) season ticket holders should be given 1st priorty though with the reputation of millwall "supporters" the whole game may be all ticket to ensure the minimum of trouble. I would suspect that there will be many city and/or united fans cheering us on against the league side.

Prediction attendance 5400.

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 05:16:41 AM »

When are we supposed to buy these tickets? There are no home games between now and then.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 06:01:24 AM »

I'd be very surprised if its not all ticket for everyone.  There's no way either you could just make it all ticket for one part of the ground, as it would cause problems for the other parts.

crossie

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 11:47:44 AM »

First of all i think the club will wait till the BBC has anounced who will be shown on the box. I would say that desision will be made by mid week. Then i would say that the club will release tickets firstly to season ticket holders and members, and then any left will go on general public sale. I would also say the tickets wont be relased till the club has heard from the cops, they will prob complain about policing the game

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »

For reasons of policing, ticketing, logistics etc I would be very surprised if we did not have a decision on Monday.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 All Ticket?