PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ticket prices
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ticket prices  (Read 4192 times)

jc

Ticket prices
« on: October 28, 2007, 08:42:47 AM »

will the ticket prices remain as they are ?
If on TV, they should be lowered to encourage people to attend.
If not on TV, they should stay as they are, to show goodwill from the club and again encourage people to attend and attend in the future. - a difficult one to call.

bighairedmike

Re: Ticket prices
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 08:53:43 AM »

theres a meeting today to discuss things such as tickets for the millwall game. the club will let us know as soon as.  :)

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:14:31 AM »

If people need to be encouraged to attend an FA Cup game against recent former finalists there must be something seriously wrong.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:47:57 AM »

If people need to be encouraged to attend an FA Cup game against recent former finalists there must be something seriously wrong.

On the other hand, maybe it would be a nice thank you to the season ticket holders.

Just a thought

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »

There's no way on this earth that we should be reducing our prices for a game like this. Maybe give season ticket holders some sort of discount but if anything charge a few quid extra and maximise the profit. Judging by the number of people who crawled out of the woodwork to text me about tickets last night we're going to attract a very large crowd in the 4/5000 kind of area.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 11:15:56 AM »

I fear that policing costs could mean we make a loss on this game, especially if its not on TV.

Personally, I'd put a quid on the prices to try and cover some of this.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

I fear that policing costs could mean we make a loss on this game, especially if its not on TV.

Personally, I'd put a quid on the prices to try and cover some of this.

Can the FA/Conference/Blue Square/local authority not help with the costs. After all, we will be promoting Blue Square nationally in the highest profile of all national cups - probably in the world?

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »

i'd hope ticket prices remain the same.

Although if we need to get in extra security and stewards etc. I dont think anyone could argue for them putting a quid on.

I hope the bucket collection is going around, hopefully lots of non-regulars will throw change in and or want to come again.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 01:11:51 PM »

the FA help Alty? never...

havant & Waterlooville ended up moving their tie against Millwall to Pompey...and made a loss.

The decesion on where to play the game will be on police advice surely. There was a lot of bother at Elland Road yesterday though my mate tells me it was mostly Leeds trying to get at the Millwall fans..who did respond!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 01:16:48 PM »

There will only be real security issues if Man U/City/ Stockport turn up looking for trouble. A ticket only tie should prevent that.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 01:17:24 PM »

The trouble at Leeds yesterday was like minded yobs battling each other, a lot of it pre planned. 

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 02:15:08 PM »

like minded yobs battling each other, a lot of it pre planned. 

and kept away from the stadium

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »

As Ecky says, the key to this is whether we get live TV coverage.  £75000 for a live game, less than £20000 for highlights. 

The policing and stewarding costs will probably be our highest ever by a wide margin, and I don't see the income from bar, programme and catering increasing proportionately.  Bear in mind we'll get less than 50% of the gate receipts, too.

So even if the cameras do come (and I pray that they do) then I daresay that this match is probably not going to be pot of gold I first thought it would be.

I would put a quid or two on top of the normal prices.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »

The gate reciepts are split 50/50 between ourselves and the opposition after certain costs have been accounted for such as policing and the away teams expenses.

This from the FA Cup competition rules:

23. PROCEEDS OF MATCHES PRIOR TO THE SEMI-FINALS

(a) The net gate receipts due from a match (except replayed matches in consequence of a breach of the Rules) shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the Match Officials, and other match expenses allowed under the Competition Rules (which include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, weather reports, police charges, floodlighting in accordance with the Competition Rules, contributions to the costs of First Aid Helpers and any costs relating to clearing the ground of snow and water provided the Visiting Club is consulted beforehand on the approximate costs). Any shortfalls in receipts are the responsibility of the home club and are not to be shared. The Council shall have the power from time to time to issue instructions as to what shall and shall not be allowed as a match expense.

(b) Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:

(i) In matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper (other than replayed matches in the Competition Proper), the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.

James Black

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 04:32:12 PM »

i want us to get the tv money but then again maybe not because then we may not get the support the lads need to beat millwall
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ticket prices