PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sources Report brisk ticket sales....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Sources Report brisk ticket sales....  (Read 13063 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sources Report brisk ticket sales....
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »

The club sold a season ticket yesterday to a Liverpool fan who has just moved to the area and wants to support his local team :) :)

good to hear this lets hope sum mcfc or mufc fans who cant get a ticket do the same.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 06:22:11 PM »

The club sold a season ticket yesterday to a Liverpool fan who has just moved to the area and wants to support his local team :) :)

Please tell me that this is NOT Jimmy Tarbuck.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

jc

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 06:47:37 PM »

I've got my ticket

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 07:58:45 PM »

Don't panic, Tarbie lives down here near me in Kingston, cheeky loveable rogue that he isn't!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 08:05:19 PM »

500 at close of play. Not bad for 1st day.
Full time and proud of it

starjammer

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 08:27:16 PM »

Got my 6 tickets this evening. My daughter, her boyfriend, his mate, my dad, my mate from work, and me! - sorted!  :)
Meeting some mates tomorrow and hoping there will be a few more takers! The more the merrier!

I think it's worth someone with the contacts to suggest to the club that they make it clear where the tickets are on sale.
I directed 3 people on the way to my car, to tell them where the tickets were on sale. They were looking bewildered at the main entrance!
An A4 notice "Tickets this way >" would suffice. I'd hate to think we lost out on ticket sales due to such a simple oversight.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 09:12:21 PM »

I Got mine, number 369.   COME ON YOU REDS  alty alty alty alty Good luck lads, you deserve it.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 12:05:13 AM »

Got my 6 tickets this evening. My daughter, her boyfriend, his mate, my dad, my mate from work, and me! - sorted!  :)
Meeting some mates tomorrow and hoping there will be a few more takers! The more the merrier!

I think it's worth someone with the contacts to suggest to the club that they make it clear where the tickets are on sale.
I directed 3 people on the way to my car, to tell them where the tickets were on sale. They were looking bewildered at the main entrance!
An A4 notice "Tickets this way >" would suffice. I'd hate to think we lost out on ticket sales due to such a simple oversight.

Don't wanna fall out with anyone here but (a) All ticket sales in the recent past have been from the same place (b) Most sales of anything else have been from the same place (c) Anyone who has wanted to physically contact the Club on a non match day has gone to the same place and (d) It's quite likely that if today has been anything like every other day when I've been to ML there's only one gate open and it shouldn't be beyond the wit of homo sapiens to figure out where to go.

That being said probably a sign wouldn't be a bad idea

Alty365

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 12:14:41 AM »

Don't wanna fall out with anyone here but (a) All ticket sales in the recent past have been from the same place (b) Most sales of anything else have been from the same place (c) Anyone who has wanted to physically contact the Club on a non match day has gone to the same place and (d) It's quite likely that if today has been anything like every other day when I've been to ML there's only one gate open and it shouldn't be beyond the wit of homo sapiens to figure out where to go.

That being said probably a sign wouldn't be a bad idea

I see your point Phil but given the nature of the tie I reckon it's reasonable to assume that a lot of people visiting the ground to buy tickets probably haven't been there before.

markecky

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 01:15:39 AM »

We need to find 2000 people who have not been for years...some maybe not since the current ticket office was the chicken stand.

Its seems obvious that they would follow main entrance signs so a printed piece of A4 in the main door window may help

Hodgey

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2007, 11:11:32 AM »

Please tell me that this is NOT Jimmy Tarbuck.....

Its not Jimmy Tarbuck its me. Ive been watching Alty all season and love it to the point ive missed Liverpool games to watch them. I actually first watched Alty when they came to Liverpool in the FA Cup in 81 when I was a kid so ive come a full circle.

markecky

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 11:18:23 AM »

Welcome aboard Hodgey, life will never be the same again!

Hodgey

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »

Welcome aboard Hodgey, life will never be the same again!

Thanks very much. Im on a mission to convert others to Alty now

thegazelle

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2007, 11:40:24 AM »

feel all peculiar i just gave a scouser a goodwin,
welcome to alty you'll never look back now

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »

Hodgey,
I often work in the Liverpool area (mainly Prescot & Fazackerley, but sometimes Bootle) and a few years ago was offered the 'full corporate' ie. stadium tour, prematch meals and drinks, warm box, more beer etc etc for a Champions League game against one of the top Italian or Spanish clubs (cannot remember).

I turned it down and told them I was watching Alty play Barrow that evening..............how they laughed next day when I told them the game was called off at teatime due to very heavy rainfall and a number of serious accidents on the M6 !

As Ecky says, it's never the same !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sources Report brisk ticket sales....