PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Millwall supporters
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Millwall supporters  (Read 8595 times)

markecky

Re: Millwall supporters
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 10:38:59 AM »

We need all the City and United fans we can get.  They are always welcome at Alty. 

Any anti City/United feeling was probably aimed at the minority who had no interest in watching Alty at all mate.

It always happens at the big games.

I just felt like I had been waiting all year to get my birthday presents and then just as I sat down on the living room floor to open them someone in a long black coat barged past me, opened them, said they were sh*t and walked off.  And he probably won't come to my house again until my birthday next year.

BrianVino

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 10:42:08 AM »

Understood in an ideal world only Alty fans could get into the ground!
But alas that will never be the case.

markecky

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »

Oh I agree mate.

We don't have a wardrobe full of Alty fans to boost the crowd so they have to come from somewhere.  I know a lot of people who watch City/United and Alty.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 11:42:59 AM »

With me its Alty then City,my father is Alty then United
Harold

baldrick

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »

The only way to increase support on a long term basis is to be successful. Wigan for example.

Alex

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »

wigan? they can't even sell out the jjb for games against the top 4. most of the fans who go to watch wigan are actually rugby fans who get a discount on tickets because they are warriors season ticket holders.

johnford c.s

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 01:38:41 PM »

Considering all the negative reports I thought the behaviour of the Millwall fans should be mentioned..........no problems with the 300 ish that turned up today. Stood out in the wind and light drizzle and supported their team (although a little quiet.......but I can see why !).

Also; they stayed in position behind their goal and to their great credit in my opinion, totally ignored the 20 or so 'imposter' Altrincham supporters who from kick-off moved over into the corner to sing derogatory anti-Millwall songs.

These d**kheads did not even know a single Alty players' surname until 20 mins into the match (they were City fans). The Millwall supporters could have moved into the corner and given our stewards a hard time, but they could see these idiots were not genuine AFC and chose to blank them.

after reading all the replies about millwall lets get it right. if there was no trouble at leeds v millwall we might not have had all the trouble of the police closing down hale, alty, timperly and sale. the match day commander was as shocked as we where for his notion was to have the millwall fans in a couple of the larger pubs so he would know where they were. yes it was overkill and i think it spoilt an early atmosphere.
but the club went on the advice of local police and borough council. 
i for one would welcome back the millwall fans for they were a credit to themselfs and their club and i wish them well in the next round. up the alty

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:09:48 PM by JOHN FORD C.S. »

baldrick

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »

Yes but those people would not bother going to see Wigan if they were still a non league club. Success has brought a regular increased attendance of about 1000%

Alex

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 02:07:24 PM »

point taken
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Millwall supporters