PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chris Senior  (Read 7129 times)

RocketDan

Re: Chris Senior
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 11:28:57 PM »

can someone put that goal on youtube?

I didnt get anything for chris senior apart from this guy who can drum really fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSfVm9kRR4c
sure its impressive, but a far post volley at the golf road end... MAGIC

crossie

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »

Great highlights on MOTD- When i saw Seniors goal, what a goal, you never know they do include the FA Cup in Goal of the month it might be in there hopefully, if we all got voting our Chris might get a call. His and GH interviews were excellent not a bad word to say about either. Nevertheless their manager what a T**t saying "it was a clear sending off" my arse Lane had his head turned away from the ball so it wasnt deliberate, and as for that so called football pundit/ ex-player Alan Shearer, he cant understand a good effort from a non-league team.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 11:41:27 PM »

Good news: FA Cup is included in goal of the month

Bad news: There is no voting for it - it is just chosen by the pundits. As they can't believe the lads practiced the move then I don't know if this is good or bad!

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 04:10:04 AM »

1) they've been practising that free kick for about 15 years a bit like the Paul France to Darren Heesom one that worked once.

2) It would have been a contender for goal of the month if it had hit the post and gone straight into the  net rather than bounce across the line prompting an undignified keeper scramble..rather took the gloss off it.

3) Chris lane's elbow dod not stop a certain goal....it stopped the ball hitting his side which was next in line....amazing we've had the comment it was ball to hand so therefore a pen.

Millwall_Sam

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 12:03:15 PM »

It was a lovely goal from you guys and have to agree after seeing the penalty incident on MOTD it was harsh and very harsh to send him off.

Still had a great day and maybe one day we will meet again.

Best of luck for the season I will certainly be following your results.

Alex

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 12:05:49 PM »

thanks sam could you do us a favour and hammer barrow if by sum act of god (which ever one people belive in) they beat bourmouth.

would be very much apreciated  ;D

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 12:08:30 PM »

The week before the Rotherham game in 1979, the team practiced corners being knocked to the edge of the box for Mal Bailey to volley into the net (or more often over the Chequers end and into the car park).  I remember thinking at the time why the hell are we doing that - until Mal Baileys screamer in a game fo two great goals (th eother being a Barry Howard shot from outside the box - and ALex Stepneys penalty save.  

Millwall_Sam

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »

thanks sam could you do us a favour and hammer barrow if by sum act of god (which ever one people belive in) they beat bourmouth.

would be very much apreciated  ;D

Lets hope so but you never know with us. We really are rubbish  :-\

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 02:07:24 PM »

Shearer was probably thinking, okay they practiced it in the morning, I've even come in for extra practice in the afternoons but I'm not having it they all came back on a Thursday evening as well. Bollocks have they trained and practiced that much!

No, Alan, you see what it is is...oh fcuk it never mind!   ::)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »

The week before the Rotherham game in 1979, the team practiced corners being knocked to the edge of the box for Mal Bailey to volley into the net (or more often over the Chequers end and into the car park).  I remember thinking at the time why the hell are we doing that - until Mal Baileys screamer in a game fo two great goals (th eother being a Barry Howard shot from outside the box - and ALex Stepneys penalty save.  

i cried that day, only time ever at a football match

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »

With joy?

I was close to tears at the 0-5 defeat to Rotherham in 76-7 and actually did cry at the 0-0 Scarborough game at Millmoor later that season as I knew our chance to go to Wembley had slipped away.

Butty

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 08:38:36 PM »

1) they've been practising that free kick for about 15 years a bit like the Paul France to Darren Heesom one that worked once.

agree with that, if anyone has any footage from any match whatsoever from within the past at least 4 years, and when we get a free kick, look what we did and show it to the tw*t shearer. Everytime it was chipped over/to the side of the wall for chalmers to head across the box, rarely worked. Now we have realised heading isn't chris' strong point so we changed it to a volley

so up yours mr shearer

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »

I'm sure that I can remember Jeff Johnson heading a goal from that set piece move way back when, or perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 09:10:39 PM »

With joy?

I was close to tears at the 0-5 defeat to Rotherham in 76-7 and actually did cry at the 0-0 Scarborough game at Millmoor later that season as I knew our chance to go to Wembley had slipped away.

joy isnt quite right
i too was at the 5-0 which was devastating as a 14 year old. i think in some ways the second game was the the culmination of something. you knew we were a good side and had our moments in the cup, but that afternoon we took them to bits. i remember just thinking that this couldnt go on, that they would come into it, but it just never happened. when they got the penalty you thought 'here we go' but then stepney saved it and i just cried. out of them all its the game i think of as the defining moment. (only sheff utd comes close)
by the way thegazelle took the mick out of me for this for ages after

at the end of last season against exeter we were stood on the golf road when alty got a free kick. we had a discussion about how they were going to lift it over the wall for chalmers to run on to, because we had been trying to do that free kick since jeff johnson was in the side, and it never worked.
lo and behold it just bloody worked. oh how we laughed
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:19:27 PM by jiminlondon »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior