PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Overpaid
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Overpaid  (Read 10405 times)

Dougals Dad

Overpaid
« on: November 21, 2007, 10:10:06 PM »

Give me the integrity of Alty any day. At least our players play with passion. The overpaid upstarts from the premiership seem to think they have a devine right to win when they put on an England shirt.

As for the manager; trudging away leaving the players to take all the boos from the fans - he should have been out there after the final wistle to back up the players. Cowardice from manager down.

Alex

Re: Overpaid
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 10:16:48 PM »

funniest thing i've watched in years  ;D shame we couldn't beat spain and latvia couldn't win ah well

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 10:22:06 PM »

funniest thing i've watched in years  ;D shame we couldn't beat spain and latvia couldn't win ah well

It would have been brilliant if N Ireland had qualified with England failing.

I have witnessed the pure joy of the Scots going so far beyond expectation, whilst England can't reach the hinterland of expectation.

Alex

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 10:29:04 PM »

my grandad will be smilin in heaven i wish he could have seen this year campaign but world cup 2010 anyone? lol tbh if england played as a team and showed passion they would have qualifyed with ease. bring back the home nations tournament.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 10:32:35 PM »

Rumour is that they might just do that. The home nations have nothing better to do next Summer!

Even Wales (the land of my fathers!) put up a decent performance today.

Alex

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »

lol would be a good idea (scots would win)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 10:42:37 PM »

lol would be a good idea (scots would win)

Agreed

crossie

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 10:48:41 PM »

Our palyers play with  passion and love for the game and they are not concerened about making it big and living the premiership high life. In todays game the amount of forignn players is effecting the home grown tallent from being established, therefore the national team suffers. I would rather watch Alty get  beat at home then whats those andrex boys play like that. You would have thought that given the life line they were granded on Saturday by Russia they would have played with some passion and love for their country. As soon as Beckham came on they looked better, but as you no that fool in charge or should i say T**t Steve Mclarean, hated him so never played him in games like Isreal the first leg or Macidonia, games where we needed the points.
I have to say the sooner Mac is out the better for the game, i hope he gets the boot and shown the door

Come on Alty to the Non-league players  prowd and show the likes of the FA which players need recognition for their efforts

Also i feel like the rest of the home nations now, knowing ur team is sh*te and have a miserable summer at home

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »

McLaren is "Defiant" and will not resign - he is also a coward (the way he went off to leave his players to teke the boos).
The FA meet in the morning to discuss his future!!!

The Premiership players look good when supported by foreign talent with decent managers.

The only good thing about the England set up is the masseur - and I didn't even see him tonight!

Just realised why England want the 2018 World Cup finals - its the only way they will qualify!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:59:51 PM by Dougals Dad »

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 11:00:57 PM »

Could there be a connection between Steve Bruce not joining Wigan and England about to sack that clown of a manager? I hope not but it looks suspicious.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 11:05:37 PM »

Could there be a connection between Steve Bruce not joining Wigan and England about to sack that clown of a manager? I hope not but it looks suspicious.

No! I don't think we knew England would lose before tonight's match started (though, on 2nd thoughts!!!!)

Wouldn't get Brucey as England manager - he gets too much presenting Strictly Come Dancing!

crossie

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 11:06:25 PM »

I hope the FA realise they made a big mistake in giving him the position and bring in someone who has previous  managerial success. GH might be a contender, only manager to be relegated and stay up twice. lol
I dont no who would do the job to be honest, there are so many England Manager failures

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 11:10:49 PM »

I hope the FA realise they made a big mistake in giving him the position and bring in someone who has previous  managerial success. GH might be a contender, only manager to be relegated and stay up twice. lol
I dont no who would do the job to be honest, there are so many England Manager failures

We will have to look abroad again. Slaven Bilic perhaps?

crossie

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 11:19:19 PM »

Jose Moriniho would be one of the best signings. He has got something about him, you dont will silver ware in ur fist season unless you have got an excellent stratagy going. Im not a chelski fan btw, i just thought you could not beat his many opiononated views on football. If he did become england manager at least he would get it into the players that every game matters regardless of your opositon because he hates losing.

Rod thornley would be a great manager to, regardless of whether you lost he would have a smile on his face and prase the good parts of the game

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 11:23:42 PM »

The Chelsea players believed in Mourinho (apart from the players who were thrust upon him - horrible image I know). Do the Englang players really believe in McLaren?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Overpaid