PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Overpaid
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Overpaid  (Read 10384 times)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Overpaid
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 11:33:45 PM »

Having watched that lot tonight , it shows the efforts put in by Alty's players, along with the likes of Farsley's, to perform at the level they do is superb. I know, as an ex semi pro footballer, the time you have to put in to play at a high level, shuffling your job around the game you love. Pity that lot in white tonight did'nt show the same effort. The likes of Lampard will have his day off tomorrow, then do a bit of a jog thursday in the knowledge that come his next payday, they'll be another small fortune against his name. That's why I support Non League Football, and always will!!

crossie

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 11:37:30 PM »

When speaking to the media they will always say they support him, thats only because they are frightened of being droped. But deep  down i dont think they felt his stratergy was working what so ever. One person who does dislike Mclarean is Beck's he should never have been droped, only reason he got dropped was because of the days with Stave and Utd, they didnt see eye to eye there.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 11:46:32 PM »

I won £40 tonight backing Croatia at 8/1.

This has very little to do with the thrust of the discussion, I just wanted to show off.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Dougals Dad

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 11:48:05 PM »

When speaking to the media they will always say they support him, thats only because they are frightened of being droped. But deep  down i dont think they felt his stratergy was working what so ever. One person who does dislike Mclarean is Beck's he should never have been droped, only reason he got dropped was because of the days with Stave and Utd, they didnt see eye to eye there.

Ameteurish of Mclaren to allow his personal opinions to get in the way of prefessionalism.

PS Jimmy: don't blame you mate.

Hamilton

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 11:50:07 PM »

I won £40 tonight backing Croatia at 8/1.

This has very little to do with the thrust of the discussion, I just wanted to show off.

Its not totally a bad result then!

baldrick

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 11:52:07 PM »

The FA are having an emergency meeting on Thursday at 8.30am. I expect them to sack him. Betting on the next manager here
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/next-england-manager/next-permanent-manager

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 12:08:19 AM »

Can't everyone see the obvious?

Since the invention of the premier league and sky its been a steady fall in the passion etc of footballers at the top level. This attitude has gradually moved down through the divisions to a degree where it is ruining football for us all. The current state of the england team is a direct result of the introduction of sky and the premier leaguge.

I have texted 5 live several times tonight to make my point but thay aren't allowed to be seen to slag sky off and so i've been ignored.

We could have the best manager in the world but if the passion isn't there in the players it won't be worth f all.

Hamilton

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 12:13:15 AM »

Since the invention of the premier league and sky its been a steady fall in the passion etc of footballers at the top level. This attitude has gradually moved down through the divisions to a degree where it is ruining football for us all. The current state of the england team is a direct result of the introduction of sky and the premier leaguge.

I have texted 5 live several times tonight to make my point but thay aren't allowed to be seen to slag sky off and so i've been ignored.

We could have the best manager in the world but if the passion isn't there in the players it won't be worth f all.

Very true. With their riches they have nothing to play for. The club is now more important than the country - and that is wrong!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 12:22:19 AM »

The reward for playing well for your club used to be national recognition, now it is just more money - international matches are a minor inconvenience.

Alex Ferguson is right: The Champions League is a higher grade of football than even the World Cup

baldrick

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 12:43:06 AM »

For the fans club has always been more important than country. The players now seem to share that opinion.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 12:44:55 AM »

I will tell you lot right now (and I've been saying it for a while) much as it pains me to say it, the US will win the World Cup before England ever win it again.   Better coaching at youth level here and the infrastructure to bring through young players.   Disappointing tonight but lets face it, utterly predictable!

James Black

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 01:02:39 AM »

the only 2 players on that pitch for england tonight were crouch and beckham. mcclaren getting sacked in the morning 24 hrs to go till we get jose 1966 just 3 years away.

thegazelle

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 01:16:41 AM »

crouch battled for every ball i give him 10/10

beckham did his job in a heathcot type way 1 great ball

bridge i wouldnt put in our team

we were sh*te over all

teasybeaver

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2007, 08:17:40 AM »

Very true. With their riches they have nothing to play for. The club is now more important than the country - and that is wrong!

This is all spot on, but I think the manager has to inject a lot of the passion. England were second best tonight, and worst of all they were second best in fitness. Croatia played as a perfect unit, England played as a perfect misfit. Ive never been much of an England fan so Im not that bothered.

Jose for boss! Thats where the passion will come from. I cant believe people are blaming the grass roots football and foreigners in the premiership. The simple fact is, with the wealth of English talent to choose from we should have flown through that group like Greece did theirs, dropping 5 points in 12 games.

The effort we get from Altrincham players in return for pittance and the love of wearing the shirt should make McClaren and co ashamed!

seasonticket

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 09:38:44 AM »

I think there is probably some truth in, the too many foreigners, premiership, Sky theories, but at the end of the day the players are to blame for the lack of fight and the manager for not inspiring the passion. But pulling on the shirt should be inspirational.
The only player to come out of the game with any credit was Peter Crouch. Every one seems to think Beckham could have made a difference but apart from one cross (that needed some special finishing by Crouch) he did nothing. Every other cross including corners was onto the head of the first defender and when he had to run for a ball, lets just say I could have got there quicker and I have a heart condition (not helped by being an Alty fan).
That was much worse than watching Alty on a bad day. With the exception of Crouch they were garbage and thats being kind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Overpaid