PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Overpaid
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Overpaid  (Read 10314 times)

Inaura

Re: Overpaid
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2007, 10:47:18 PM »

7) Is Andy Johnson injured, Defoe is not good enough for england.

I agree about Defoe. Never been impresed at that level. A boring player who never really makes the most of chances when it matters.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2007, 11:53:57 PM »

Al, massively overpaid and also they should not recieve severance pay when they are sacked to the degree of millions of pounds.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 01:10:54 PM »

What has Andy Johnson got to do with it? If the answer to our prayers is either him or Spurs reserve strikers it tells you all you need to know about why we didn't qualify.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 01:12:50 PM »

I think a wage cap would work just as much as a foreigner cap.

Gerrard played well last night but Lampard was absent for most of it. If they both had a salary cap of 40 grand a week being the highest paid player would suddenly mean naff all and they might start to realise that playing for your country and being great is the only way to be recognized worldwide as the best players in the world.

I think I know what you're getting at Teasy, too much money saps their desire but might I suggest that you need to take a few 0s of it. I think £40,000 a week softens the blow too much for them, ok it ain't £100,000 but I think it's enough for them not to truly give a toss.

bighairedmike

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2007, 03:24:51 PM »

What has Andy Johnson got to do with it? If the answer to our prayers is either him or Spurs reserve strikers it tells you all you need to know about why we didn't qualify.

He is much better than Defoe and while everyone is injured is probably the best striker to play with crouch. That is why i asked if he was injured.  :)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »

my grandad will be smilin in heaven i wish he could have seen this year campaign but world cup 2010 anyone? lol tbh if england played as a team and showed passion they would have qualifyed with ease. bring back the home nations tournament.
What will the home nations learn by playing each other? They need to play foreign sides to improve themselves further.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Overpaid