PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Histon match thread  (Read 8875 times)

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Histon match thread
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »

Just awful. Apart from the five mins after Lane's goal when then looked like they had an idea .... they didn't have a clue. Histon were distinctly average but knew how to pass and keep the ball. Unless we get some new forwards, midfielders and defenders, and dare I say a manager that can make them all work as a team, it's back to regional football next season.

markecky

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 05:17:17 PM »

Unless we get some new forwards, midfielders and defenders

Think the manager has already said he will try in January.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »

Until someone finds a pot of gold to take the club full-time it's just going to be the same old stuff as before. The players that are good enough for the Conference are already full-time and being part-time doesn't cut it anymore. Anyway at least we are building links with the community.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 06:16:02 PM »

Agree. We were shocking, especially in defence. How many more goals are we going to gift the other side from Scotty's side? It's getting beyond a joke. Whilst I've supported Scotty playing left back, enough is enough. Peyton should play there until we get someone else (I think he's better there than in midfield to be honest). Why can't we manage to complete one pass let alone a string of passes I don't know. Kamikazee passing, kamikazee defending.

I'm depressed.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 07:11:33 PM »

This is most depressed I've felt all season.  It's yet another game we've been the better team and came away with jack. Their first goal may or may not have been offside but you have to play to the whistle and it was soft.

The second was a howler from Logan, I'm a big fan but FFS give Coburn half a chance to to get there.

Unfortunately the  ultimalte reason why we lost it was the wasted chance's that were squandered generally by Little (who would have scored at least 2 this time 2 years ago)

On the plus side Lawton had a good game in his best position and Sedgmore and Whalley looked better
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 09:40:30 PM »

Mistakes apart we should have won today>

Colin had one of his best games for a while, his flicks were good and led to numerous chances.

It was a pity he did not convert one of his chances, but when your lucks out!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 10:06:10 PM »

Lawton didnt stop today, great performance.

Alty365

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 10:07:47 PM »

I can't believe that it's taken this long for Lawton to be played in the correct position. He's no more of a winger than Stuart Coburn.

louise1925

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 10:23:40 PM »

Robbie's been knocked something rotten by posters on this forum, so it is right that his performance today should be praised. Warren Peyton was also awesome and just about my man of the match. Thank God we have these 100% players in our line up. Have to agree with Robinstockport I'm afraid. Two one-on-one chances for Col, which he would have put away a couple of seasons ago has cost us big time today. We were the better team, we created the most chances and have lost at home yet again. These days I am loathe to have a go at Alty players, but a new, young striker is an absolute must in January, or we are going to be in trouble. The left back situation is becoming ridiculous. I love Scotty, but he is not fit, lacking in confidence and most definately not a left back. I'm beginning to wonder whether our best signing in January would be a full-time defensive coach. The amount of howlers we are making at the back is becoming laughable. It's the same story time and time again. We play good stuff, look a decent outfit and then chuck it all away. It's frustrating really, because I don't think we are far off from having a good side and GH has done wonders with what little he has had available. They are my feelings, feel free to shout me down.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 10:37:28 PM »

As far as defenders are concerned, Boston are looking to go full time again next season (or sooner), but Paul Ellander is considering staying part time.

Does anyone think we might have a chance of getting him back?

Alty365

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 10:38:42 PM »

Not really a long term solution but would love to have him back.

louise1925

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 10:41:21 PM »

Ellender is a great player but, our centre halves are doing ok. We need a left back and a striker.

Hamilton

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 10:56:43 PM »

Ellender is a great player but, our centre halves are doing ok. We need a left back and a striker.

Agreed about left back & striker. Ellander can also play in midfield, we don't know how long we have Shotton for & we don't  know if Tinson will go beyond this season. Worth looking at.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 10:59:38 PM »

Agree. We were shocking, especially in defence. How many more goals are we going to gift the other side from Scotty's side? It's getting beyond a joke. Whilst I've supported Scotty playing left back, enough is enough.

So you don't think it was anything to do with the marking then?

As big Cliff Akurang peeled off from the centre of the goal to the far post and a couple of hundred voices said "erm best to mark the big centre forward peeling off to the back post" alarm bells didn't ring?

Not Scotty's fault ffs. You aren't going t stop every single cross from the flanks. Marking was awful.

I wouldn't ostracise Logan for todays mistake. It can happen. Just make sure that we all treat it the same way as if Scotty or Azza had done it.

chrisrufc

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2007, 01:43:59 AM »

Agreed Ballers that goal wasn't Scotty's fault.

Louise, I think you must have been watching a different Warren Peyton to me, I really wanted him to do well but thought that he struggled to keep up with the pace again today.

Also think GH is spot on that we need a different option up front, Senior and Little are well worthy of their places in most conference teams but sometimes you need someone with a bit more physical presence and aerial ability to take the pressure off the rest of the team and Joe O'Neil cant do that job
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon match thread