PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Final Score: Nuneaton 2 - Altrincham 1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Final Score: Nuneaton 2 - Altrincham 1  (Read 15303 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Final Score: Nuneaton 2 - Altrincham 1
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »

I believe that we will be welcoming at least one younger player from a lower league in January.  :-X

Are you signing on a non-contract basis then, Ballers?

Well, you are younger than Val Owen.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2007, 09:39:47 PM »

That would be ace.

I could stand on the terraces telling people I used to play football with him when he was good.

Narcissist

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »

Its really easy to just start blaming the management but when you end up with 13 fit players because your budget is so tight its pretty obvious which direction we'll go in league and cup matches.

But back in the Summer we signed players with dodgy fitness records e.g. Potts and Whalley.

Still can't fathom out why we released Rose.

Thats what i mean about the transfer thing. Given what we can afford you'd think we would have a policy of signing young players with potential like aldershot, obviously not on the same scale.

Aside from Senior I wasnt blown away by any of the names we brought in this year. Im delighted with the progress the club has made in recent years but I feel like there is something not quite right in amongst it all at the moment, not sure what though. Maybe its just cos we're in such bad form.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2007, 07:19:44 AM »

trouble is the players we have seem to have given up the fight this season for some unkown reason.As for getting rid of players who are injured does that mean if a player say gets a cold we sack him.All this speculation is very unsettling for the club as a whole,maybe the reason for the fight going out of the players.Graham knows what needs to be done and who is going.Let the manager manager and the players PLAY,if you want to swap players buy Football manager
Harold

louise1925

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2007, 08:50:23 AM »

It's been said before hsmith1 that this is the place for DEBATING issues regarding the team. Of course GH is the manager and should receive our support, but posters have raised some very lucid points in threads lately. The signing of younger players or experienced players, league players or pyramid players, loan players or permanent players, full time players or part time players, injury free players, 100% committed players - the list is endless. It's not about Football Manager, it's about caring enough about your team to be arsed! I personally try not to attack individual players in my posts, keeping topics quite general, but posters should not be shouted down if they dare to raise an opinion.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 08:51:57 AM by louise1925 »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2007, 09:04:26 AM »

I know all about being able to post and debate issues here,but dont you think that it filters down to the team.I know some of them need a kick up the backside,but my point is to much negative chat does affect players
Harold

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2007, 09:19:10 AM »

The way I like to put it is that I have an idea which players aren't up for the fight but any player that can say to themselves "I'm giving it my all" then thats good enough for me.

I just hope that the 'new' players understand what the games over Xmas means to the fans !!!!

Alex

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2007, 09:48:17 AM »

I just hope that the 'new' players understand what the games over Xmas means to the fans !!!!

well we made sure laney got it at the meet the recruits night, he was a bit unaware of the importance of the games at first but i think we got the message across.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2007, 11:15:08 AM »

I know all about being able to post and debate issues here,but dont you think that it filters down to the team.I know some of them need a kick up the backside,but my point is to much negative chat does affect players

I think this needs to come from the top of the club. If we spend all the time going on about the full time thing and it's impossible to survive, maybe finish top of 5 sh*te sides I think it is going to filter down to the players and thus a losing mentality.

We need to htfu and get back to our first season up where we thought we'd give anyone a real game at Moss Lane, ok get caught out and whupped a couple of times but at least with a bit of confidence.

The conference has improved in the past 2 years but I think we're overrating it, it's not exactly the Champions League nowadays.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2007, 11:21:35 AM »

I agree with Ballers, the Conference is a big step from the Conference North but there are not that many teams that have totally outplayed us.

We still create chances every game and can always look back and say "If we scored at the point then be so different" Only thing that worries me is that when we go behind if we don;t get one back within 10mins then we seem to give up??

louise1925

« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2007, 11:28:06 AM »

I for one was very encouraged by GGs 50-50 comment re. full/part time personnel. If we have the finances to do this it will be a very positive step (though obviously no guarantee) towards consolidating our position in this league. At the moment, we are doing well financially, but hamstrung when it comes to attracting players who want to remain full time. Whether we like it or not, we really do need some full time pros. Yes, the standard of the league has been seriously overrated this season, but nevertheless, an ambition of 5th from bottom is hardly inspiring, is it? I'm sure we would have half a chance of getting the likes of Howard and Grand from Morecambe if we had the 50-50 policy.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 11:30:39 AM by louise1925 »

Jenga

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2007, 11:41:47 AM »

well we made sure laney got it at the meet the recruits night, he was a bit unaware of the importance of the games at first but i think we got the message across.

I find this a little bemusing - Yes the games against Northwich are Important - the point is if he didnt realise the importance of these two games, what does he think about the importance of the other 44 league games.

Alex

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2007, 11:51:42 AM »

what i ment was laney said he didn't know how much games against northwich ment to alty fans, so we pointed out to him that we want to beat northwich as much as he wants everton to beat liverpool. and his response of "oh thats a lot then" made me feel he now understood
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Final Score: Nuneaton 2 - Altrincham 1