PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ladies football
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Ladies football  (Read 16383 times)

baldrick

Re: Ladies football
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »

The bar at Kendal was open throughout the game

RocketDan

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2008, 05:38:33 PM »

As stated already we have a Jnr set up at U12, U13, and U15.

The results etc can be viewed on www.smgfl.co.uk

I hope the police dont come round and find me looking at this they might get the wrong idea and send me off with that bloke from the who...

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »

I would like to see a game between Alty and the England ladies. The 2 best part-time teams in the country head-to-head might jusst suprise us!

A game between these two teams would be mad. Alty would absolutely batter them hands down. They would be too strong. You could never have a close game like that. I am not saying that womens football is bad but you cannot compare the male and female game

Ignorance rather than sexism i hope.

no not at all. I think the standard of womens football is very good but i just think that a game between alty and england would result in an alty win. The women may be technically better but i just think that the gulf between the alty team and the englands women team strength-wise would be too much. Can you imagine Stuart Coburn charging out for a 50/50 ball with their striker for example

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »

I was involved in the running of Chester City Ladies for about 9 years. 3 of those years was as Secretary. When I first started watching. They were bottom of North West Divsion 2 with only 1 point. They won 10 of their last 12 games to stay up that season. The club progressed by winning 3 promotions to reach the 3rd tier of the Women's pyramid( Northern Womens Combination), which included winning the North West Premier League title after 15 wins and 3 draws and including 15 clean sheets(which cost me a lot of money after I sponsored the club £10 a clean sheet).
At that time we had a good set up. We travelled by coach to the likes of Newcastle, Middlesboro and SC**thorpe. We produced our own programme and had regular reports in the local paper, plus a regular attendance of about 50 people which about 20 people would travel to away games. Also a few games were played at the Deva Stadium including a F.A. Womens Cup 1st Round tie against SC**thorpe which attracted 200 people paying a pound to get in.

Unfortunately the club are now struggling in the Northern Combination and they struggling for cash as politics has played a major part in the club not progressing plus the lack of involvement by Chester City Football Club.

The top 2 tiers of the Women's pyramid seem to be reasonable organised but lower down it is a bit Sunday league. I think it is too much to expect amater clubs to be expect to travel from Caenarfon to SC**thorpe or to Middlesboro or West Auckland in Durham.

If Alty did start up a Ladies team they would start in the Cheshire and Manchester league. I think there is a Broadheath Central team that plays in the Chester Girls League which has a U12's, a U14's and U16's league.

Yes Cestrian I remember that Chester City Ladies team very well indeed. As I recall you had two very good midfielders, one with blonde hair and a little 'snapper' together with another couple of decent players too.

Were you involved when they played Tranmere in the County Final at Christleton and lost the keeper to injury very early on? I think it was the last season that Sue Smith played at Tranmere - I was on the line.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »

The bar at Kendal was open throughout the game
It all depends on the rules of your licence
@AltyDaz

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »

I was involved in the running of Chester City Ladies for about 9 years. 3 of those years was as Secretary. When I first started watching. They were bottom of North West Divsion 2 with only 1 point. They won 10 of their last 12 games to stay up that season. The club progressed by winning 3 promotions to reach the 3rd tier of the Women's pyramid( Northern Womens Combination), which included winning the North West Premier League title after 15 wins and 3 draws and including 15 clean sheets(which cost me a lot of money after I sponsored the club £10 a clean sheet).
At that time we had a good set up. We travelled by coach to the likes of Newcastle, Middlesboro and SC**thorpe. We produced our own programme and had regular reports in the local paper, plus a regular attendance of about 50 people which about 20 people would travel to away games. Also a few games were played at the Deva Stadium including a F.A. Womens Cup 1st Round tie against SC**thorpe which attracted 200 people paying a pound to get in.

Unfortunately the club are now struggling in the Northern Combination and they struggling for cash as politics has played a major part in the club not progressing plus the lack of involvement by Chester City Football Club.

The top 2 tiers of the Women's pyramid seem to be reasonable organised but lower down it is a bit Sunday league. I think it is too much to expect amater clubs to be expect to travel from Caenarfon to SC**thorpe or to Middlesboro or West Auckland in Durham.

If Alty did start up a Ladies team they would start in the Cheshire and Manchester league. I think there is a Broadheath Central team that plays in the Chester Girls League which has a U12's, a U14's and U16's league.

Yes Cestrian I remember that Chester City Ladies team very well indeed. As I recall you had two very good midfielders, one with blonde hair and a little 'snapper' together with another couple of decent players too.

Were you involved when they played Tranmere in the County Final at Christleton and lost the keeper to injury very early on? I think it was the last season that Sue Smith played at Tranmere - I was on the line.
The one with Blonde hair was called Lisa Pritchard. She retired from playing, became a level 5 referee and now is manager of Chester City Ladies. The other one was Michelle Brady who despite being only 5 foot won a lot of headers against taller players. She rejoined the club this season but a rare illness has meant she has had to stop playing.
I remember that Cheshire Cup Final. Laura Edwards got injured in a 50-50 challenge and outfield Jo Reynolds took over and also got injured but she finished the game. Which probably why they got beat 7-0, though they would have a lost anyway. Chester played Tranmere a couple of years later and were a little unfortunate to lose 3-1.
I remember you refing the game at Trafford when Chester won 4-0 in their North West Premier League Championship season. I was pleased to see a fair and experienced ref after the previous season's game ended with a 22 player brawl and the Trafford Manager, I think his name was Cliff Andrew, going across the pitch threatening me, and asking for a fight.
They really should be beating teams like us

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »

Well we already have a women's strip!  ;D

(From the Prostar website http://www.prostar.co.uk/football/womens_kits.aspx)
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

markecky

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 03:11:08 PM »

Who is she!!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2008, 03:20:33 PM »

Who is she!!!

Jaquie Swindelles possibly?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2019, 11:51:00 PM »

An interesting debate from 11 years ago.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2019, 07:18:04 AM »

And your point is?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2019, 07:32:25 AM »

And your point is?
Has attitudes changed now we have a established Ladies team?
Should the End of Season presentations include the Ladies and Reserve teams awards?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »

And your point is?
Should the End of Season presentations include the Ladies and Reserve teams awards?

No and No
I personally still wouldn’t watch women’s if it was free and they along with the reserves should hold their own presentation night.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »

And your point is?
i miss the old days of all the fans on the pitch at the last game all the fans together singing and club awards given out . Good times
Come on you red and white........

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »

And your point is?

No and No
I personally still wouldn’t watch women’s if it was free and they along with the reserves should hold their own presentation night.

Agreed
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ladies football