PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 tonight
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: tonight  (Read 3856 times)

Alex

tonight
« on: January 08, 2008, 01:31:44 PM »

let's get behind the lads from the off, and should things not be going are way during the match instead of getting on there back stick behind them. SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR THE ALTY

le bignose

Re: tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »

Agreed although i must admit for what we have to put up with and go thru i think the majority of Alty fans are brilliant when it comes to getting behind them, even 4 nil down we can still sing and clap them off !!

Anyway any news on the team, ie injuries or likely starters? Ive heard Col an obviously Seniors back so will they partner upfront again? To be honest i'd like to see Senior with the new lad upfront, and rest Col, who i think needs a bit of a kick up the bum. The new lad (cant remember name!!) looks good on the ball and strong which might compliment Seniors style. Obiovusly my personal opinion. No doubt Logan will get a good 10 minute run out to stretch the legs ha!!

Any thoughts .............

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:47:30 PM »

Agreed although i must admit for what we have to put up with and go thru i think the majority of Alty fans are brilliant when it comes to getting behind them, even 4 nil down we can still sing and clap them off !!

Anyway any news on the team, ie injuries or likely starters? Ive heard Col an obviously Seniors back so will they partner upfront again? To be honest i'd like to see Senior with the new lad upfront, and rest Col, who i think needs a bit of a kick up the bum. The new lad (cant remember name!!) looks good on the ball and strong which might compliment Seniors style. Obiovusly my personal opinion. No doubt Logan will get a good 10 minute run out to stretch the legs ha!!

why don't we play Little, Senior and Cahill up front?
They really should be beating teams like us

Alex

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 01:49:28 PM »

i hope heathcote tells the players to get the ball out wide to toulson and let him run at the full back he looks very good on the ball and can deliver a decent ball

Longman

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 01:50:19 PM »

Because we don't attack teams, we prefer to play long balls to two tiny strikers!!  I'd like to see Little and Cahill up front (who linked well against Vics) with Senior on right wing!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »

Coburn
Lane Shotton Tinson Jennings
                   Lawton
Toulson                       Peyton
                     Little
          Cahill            Senior

little should drop back into AM these days he's creative but has trouble with pace which means he could sit in behind cahil and senior and hopefully thread nice balls along the ground to them. with robbie being a terrier in a holding midfield position and peyton and toulson attackig the flanks but also able to track back I think this lineup has good potential

le bignose

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 01:53:22 PM »

thats attacking football we dont do that !!???!! ;D

I'd bloody love to see that though and go at a team for once!! Look at Vics game - we took it to them in the first half and they couldnt cope with our so called part time team!! But its not in Alty's nature to go out like that and i dont think GH would go for it !! We're way to defensive in my eyes and it hasnt and wont pay off

Im liking the new signings and just hope we get the best use out of them. They're league players at the end of the day who seem keen to get the ball on the deck and pass around. You never know Aza might learn a few things off  them!!

I would like to see that 3some opening up the gaps down the middle though!!  :o

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »

It's certainly a game of opinions! For me it should be,
Acton
Lane
Jennings
Tinson
Shotton
King
Sedgemore
Toulson
Senior
Little
Cahill
Subs: Young, Peyton, Lawton, Logan, Coburn

Alex

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 01:58:37 PM »

Because we don't attack teams, we prefer to play long balls to two tiny strikers!!  I'd like to see Little and Cahill up front (who linked well against Vics) with Senior on right wing!

GH doesn't do this intentianally, it's not like his team talk is hoof it up to the small men. as he said in the fans fourm the idea of playing little and senior was to get laney and azza to start playing the ball on the floor, but it hasn't worked out like that

le bignose

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »

whats to lose!! (apart frm the game!! )

But we keep going down the same road with style, team selection and substitutions and its not working!! Vics game showed we dont have the technical ability to change a game putting defensive players on against 8 men was someone embarrassing

So lets go for it ........... hey you never know we might take the lead and keep it. Its better than defensive tactics waiting to go two or three down then go for it !!

Not only is it worth going for it, it will cause excitement on the terrace and get a bloody good atmosphere!!

We get beat, so what, we'll probably lose the style we play now, so lets give it a go is all i wish!!

Alex

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »

here here *

*if we end up attacking kiddy and get caught on the counter atack and get trounced 5-0 i wish my remarks for suporting attacking football to be removed from the records

le bignose

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 02:22:41 PM »

haha here here

But also we seem to like getting beat between two to four nil on defensive football so lets at least get beat trying and attacking!!

Hey imagine we get beat BUT ..................... we actually score a few to cheer the troops up!! Now that could be better than us only carving one glorious chance to spurn during 90minutes of torture!! ha

COME ON ALTY COME ON ALTY COME ON ALTY!!

Alex

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 02:33:31 PM »

but just nothing like sailsbury though i couldn't watch that again  :'(

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 02:54:28 PM »

Didn't we do more attacking football in our first Conference season? And get a few thrashings. Aren't Droylsden doing attacking football now?

I think Little probably makes more difference than you might think, even if he's not scoring. If he holds the ball up and passes intelligently, that means less time for the opposition to attack us.

Looking at it, we've averaged a point a game since Droylsden, which I think is ok, with some 6 pointers coming up.

louise1925

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 03:04:20 PM »

Tonight is not Oxford away. It's a tough fixture, but nevertheless one we should be aiming to get something out of. Kiddy are midtable and not great on the road. It is a wet Tuesday evening and we have lots of players making their home debuts, so that feeling of hopelessness we've all been experiencing this season, should be greatly reduced. I'm optimistic we can get a result here. If we really have ambitions to stay in this league, something from this fixture is vital. Three up front to start with to blitz Kiddy like we did Vics in the first half.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 tonight