PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Kidderminster Updates
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Alty v Kidderminster Updates  (Read 47747 times)

matnvfcmad

Re: Alty v Kidderminster Updates
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2008, 10:23:12 PM »

match report from your game tonight

Altrincham 2-1 Kidderminster 
Warren Peyton scored the winner as Altrincham moved out of the bottom four with victory over Kidderminster.
A lightning storm forced a 15-minute suspension in a first half which was unsurprisingly rather scrappy.

Kidderminster took the lead after the break as Justin Richards fed Iyseden Christie who fired home from 12 yards.

But Cahill lashed in James Jennings' cross to equalise, then he sent in a free-kick which eventually found Peyton who finished from the edge of the area.

Alty365

« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2008, 10:24:10 PM »

So you got 22 more than us when you played on Saturday afternoon at 3pm - compared to a wet cold windy Tuesday night.  Not something to be proud of really

i am not trying to pick at fight here i am just making the point its a shame how teams like us (vics) you droylesden and farsley and also stafford get such low gates

That is very true

Dougals Dad

« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2008, 10:25:09 PM »

So you got 22 more than us when you played on Saturday afternoon at 3pm - compared to a wet cold windy Tuesday night.  Not something to be proud of really

i am not trying to pick at fight here i am just making the point its a shame how teams like us (vics) you droylesden and farsley and also stafford get such low gates

Yes, that is a great shame. There are a few reasons; league positions, closer to big Premier league clubs than most of the southern teams, money, travel....

Dougals Dad

« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »

match report from your game tonight

Altrincham 2-1 Kidderminster 
Warren Peyton scored the winner as Altrincham moved out of the bottom four with victory over Kidderminster.
A lightning storm forced a 15-minute suspension in a first half which was unsurprisingly rather scrappy.

Kidderminster took the lead after the break as Justin Richards fed Iyseden Christie who fired home from 12 yards.

But Cahill lashed in James Jennings' cross to equalise, then he sent in a free-kick which eventually found Peyton who finished from the edge of the area.

JJ's on his way to becoming a cult hero already!

matnvfcmad

« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2008, 10:28:35 PM »

Yes, that is a great shame. There are a few reasons; league positions, closer to big Premier league clubs than most of the southern teams, money, travel....

yes teams like exeter torquay and weymouth dont have a massive premier league club around them well there is argyle but nothing majour

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2008, 10:31:02 PM »

<Justin Richards fed>

I like it, unintentional I'm sure, but I wonder if he's still a lazy, diving fat bastard?

Alty365

« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2008, 10:37:17 PM »

yes teams like exeter torquay and weymouth dont have a massive premier league club around them well there is argyle but nothing majour

It's not just premier league clubs. The Great Manchester/Cheshire area is absolutely saturated with non league clubs:

Alty
Northwich
Droylsden
Hyde
Stalybridge
Witton
FC United

There are lots of others within this catchment area and they all attract moderate crowds. If there was only one or two clubs the individual crowds would be much bigger.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:41:09 PM by Alty365 »

Hamilton

« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2008, 10:50:14 PM »

It's not just premier league clubs. The Great Manchester/Cheshire area is absolutely saturated with non league clubs:

Alty
Northwich
Droylsden
Hyde
Stalybridge
Witton
FC United

There are lots of others within this catchment area and they all attract moderate crowds. If there was only one or two clubs the individual crowds would be much bigger.

FC Utd have "stolen" a lot of potential non league support for other teams. If Man U fans didn't want to go to see Man U after the Glazer take-over they should have picked their local smaller team.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2008, 10:51:50 PM »

Just like to say well done to the lads. WELL DONE!! ;D

Battled well and James jennings did brilliantly to win the ball and cross it in for Cahill to finish.

Colins quick free kick and then the cross for Warren was well finished on the half volley from 18 yards.

Alty365

« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »

Alty
Northwich
Droylsden
Hyde
Stalybridge
Witton
FC United

FC Utd have "stolen" a lot of potential non league support for other teams. If Man U fans didn't want to go to see Man U after the Glazer take-over they should have picked their local smaller team.

On reflection I probably shouldn't have included FC United in that list as they are a slightly different entity to your average non league club. The people who follow them are not really the sort who would otherwise watch football at non league level and it's really more of a "Man Utd on the piss" thing than anything else.

bigcol

« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »

Thanks lads and lasses for keepin us all informed. I've been at band tonight and was nowhere near a computer or tv to keep tabs but although it is a cliche I feel like I was there.

Onwards and upwards.
Ps did gh pick on any other fans?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2008, 11:06:49 PM »

Kidderminster did bring a few tonight to be fair. Well, a coachload anyway, more than I thought. I suppose 788 is 788 whichever way you look at it but honestly, it was effin miserable when I left the house tonight, 15 or howver many home defeats so far and the weather got worse.

I thought they'd be about 650 there and would've been happy. A good turnout, one ofr the diehards to be fair.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2008, 11:40:26 PM »

There was banter between some fans and GH in the first half, words like clueless were being used.

GH asked us to encourage the team. Which I did all night.

Longman

« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2008, 11:46:36 PM »

There was banter between some fans and GH in the first half, words like clueless were being used.

GH asked us to encourage the team. Which I did all night.

What fans were getting on GH's back tonight?  I thought we were the best team in the first half??  I'm suprised at this I really am!!??  :o

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »

logan unwell before the game that was why we had a change cult

Logan left out...seemed perfectly healthy if not a bit pissed off in the sponsors lounge
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Kidderminster Updates