PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match  (Read 20997 times)

louise1925

Re: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 12:07:09 PM »

I saw GH gesturing at Alty fans during the Cambridge game earlier in the season. Now I've heard some people call this a 'display of passion' and I've heard others describe it as 'insulting to paying supporters'. Which ever view you take, surely to God, GH should be watching the bleeding game! Isn't that what he's paid for? It is at the end of the day a mater of professionalism. GH is trying his best, we all realise that, but he should keep his gob shut and watch the game. End of.

Spangles

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »

Remeber Kendal away in theFA Cup last year?  He is very easily wound up and it WRONG behavour for a manager.

vvl

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 12:24:36 PM »

but he should keep his gob shut and watch the game. End of.
In that case then so should you.
He's entitled to his opinion as much as you are.
I dont think anyone would appreciated having their professional skills questioned in such a public forum, and if I was antagonised as much, i'm sure i'd react in much the same manner as GH.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

The Fan

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 12:33:19 PM »

I have been critical of GH's behaviour and tactics but last night he got it spot on (in my opinion).

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »

I dont think anyone would appreciated having their professional skills questioned in such a public forum, and if I was antagonised as much, i'm sure i'd react in much the same manner as GH.

Think some are missing the point, a football manager is allot different to most jobs, part of the job is to represent and portrait a respectable image of the football club in unique conditions where by he is on show to hundreds/thousands of people each game. Hostile crowds, insults, opinions etc... are all common factors that every player and manager knows about. Graham is under pressure this season and we are all frustrated. Know one can doubt his passion and I am sure he never sets out to get in these confrontations but more restraint is needed especially when dealing with home supporters.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 12:46:15 PM »

I have been critical of GH's behaviour and tactics but last night he got it spot on (in my opinion).

Well you beat me to it on this one. I was about to say the same thing. I only had two areas where I disagreed with GH last night.

1) He brought GS on and I though he was sitting back ready to defend - I was proved wrong, we still went forward and a good substitution.
2) I would have brought JO'N some 3 minutes earlier than he did.

I like to criticise when I feel it is due but praise when due as well.

Have to say SPOT ON GH, you got it right last night.

You have also made some good additions to the squad and I know one swallow doesnt make a summer, but we are looking like we have a good chance of survival if we can keep these players until the end of the season.

Alex

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »

yes hostile crowds are to be expected but he gets the hostility at home games not away ones that must get under your skin if you have done as much for the club as GH has

Narcissist

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »

Correct he is entitled to his opinion but he is also responsible for his own actions. Every fan has a right to be critical of the players performance or the way the team is playing. We pay to go and do this. Dont expect fans to celebrate and congratulate the manager when the team is doing well and not be allowed to say anything when the situation is reversed.

Every fan in that ground has the right to voice their opinions during the game whether we win in the end or not, and they will continue to do so.

If abuse is directed personally at GH that isn't football related then there is a difference.

GH is one of the clubs biggest ambassadors and I find it pathetic that every time the fans are on the teams backs he finds the time for these outbursts. Other managers are subjected to personal abuse week in week out and they rise above and conduct themselves in the right way. GH has every opportunity to defend himself in local media after the games, not halfway through a game in front of a load of kids.

This repetitive subject is in dire need of being settled.

I personally am ashamed that people seem to buy in to censorship so much these days.

'Nobody say anything critical it might just touch a nerve!'

PATHETIC!

vvl

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »

Every fan in that ground has the right to voice their opinions during the game whether we win in the end or not, and they will continue to do so.

And they can't deal with it when they get it back, instead they come on here and moan about it.

PATHETIC!

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 01:15:16 PM »

Continual abuse from  a section of fans, aimed at their OWN club, week in week out when another 300 people are within ear shot would get anyone down.

Personally I am sure GH would not turn roud to anyone for saying spread out and argue with them.

CAMELS STRAW BACK THE THAT BROKE THE - rearrange.

Alex

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »

spot on jenga to me it does seam that there are some people who go to matches these days just to shout at heathcote. this has been a constant thing at home games this year since the first match ! thats why i prefer going to away matches, there no abuse directed towards the managment just encouragement directed towards the players

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 01:47:20 PM »

it was suggested tounge in cheek but isn't sending Graham on an anger management (or stress management) course a good idea.  Anything that helps him cope better with the undoubted pressures of the job is good for the club in the long run.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 02:25:54 PM »

The last 4 posts especially: all good stuff!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 02:28:55 PM »

Knowledge of football is irrelevant : the issue is whether it is proper for the manager of the worlds finest team to use abusive and threatening language against paying supporters and ignore his onfield duties. If you think that displays a lack of knowledge of football perhaps you were an active participant at the Heysel stadium some years back . Thuggery is thuggery whoever displays it ,even if it is the Altrincham manager. Incidentally , the only reason I was sat in the stand was I was with my 8 year old son and  I thought it too cold for him to stand and he also had to listen to trhe rants of the 50something adolescent.

The reference to Heysel is part of a very poorly formed argument; the premises are not coherent.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »

How about bringing this to a close ? GH shouldn't have turned his back on the game to argue but I have no doubt that he will get us out of the S***.He is passionate, just look at his reaction after the Vics away game and if we keep positive so will he. Keep venting your opinions at home and away but lets keep them constructive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match