PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match  (Read 20995 times)

penfold

Re: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »

Heathcote is out of control and neither the Chairman nor  the Board have the b***s to tell him to mind his behaviour. This is just another incident to add to his list : remember the first game this season versus Exeter: remember Kendal : remember the public brawl with match sponsor Dave Treacy : remember the FA Cup Tie at Lancaster etc etc .  Are we passionate fans to stand or sit there and say nowt whilst he berates all and sunder, especially the match officials.He is an embarrassment to the club and in my view the sooner he goes the better. Over to you Graham Barrow.....................

This is what i and many other fans alike think of your last comment..............."SOD OFF TO NORTHWICH THEN" im sure you would all get along like a house on fire, its there type of attitude. Not to support the manager in times of much needed support.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »

Somehwere amongst all of this thread is the truth. For my 2p..

First of all, it is utter drivel to say that no one else could manage this club for all the reasons that Cult has mentioned. Moreover, it is is something that needs to be pointed out as I don't feel that it does GH or indeed the club any favours.

2. GH is not currently doing a 'great job'. yes, the best that he can and we've looked better of late. Don't get me wrong the blokes a legend in my eyes but we need to keep a sense of perspective here, we are only 1pt off relegation after all. But a 'great job' it is not and I'm sure GH would reflect in private (and probably does) that mistakes have been made and things could have been handled better. And as has been menttioned on here he does deserve credit for the way the situatuion is currently being addressed.

3. 'So called' Alty fans. Look, these people have a right to say their piece. And I'm sorry but with 13 home defeats in the first half of the seaon I think that the patience and support shown so far has been incredible. If you lose game then clearly there is room for 'opinion'. I don't doubt that 95% of the stuff that graham hears shouted is total sh*te and I'm sure that football is much more complex at this level than we fans could know. I'm sure it would get on my tits too but GH has to rise above it. It makes him looks childish and petulant and the club look poor.

I've said before GHs instransigence/stubborness has been a great asset to him and the club but it can also be a weakness. If he is so correct then just rise above it, easier typed than done when you're under pressure I guess but rise above it. I'll qualify that with syaing that harmless quotes usually have an adjective or two taken out by the time it gets to this stage. Perhaps not in this case but in previous instances.

And it's too late for all the rest.

Hodgey

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2008, 12:11:26 AM »

People forget the terrace and come and join us in the main stand, we may not sing and we boo alot  but the view is better and you get to watch Heathcote make a t*at of himself in front of the opposing team's directors. Its just pure drama because if its not poor old Robbie Lawton being slated on the pitch ? GH could turn on anyone at any given second. It was cringe worthy last night but up to that point it was the most excitement we had seen !

If GH moved his dug out to the Golf Road end id join you all ! I really really hope he makes a success of the club and stays around, hes like a poor mans Neil Warnock ! a real  character

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2008, 12:32:44 AM »

Heathcote is out of control and neither the Chairman nor  the Board have the b***s to tell him to mind his behaviour. This is just another incident to add to his list : remember the first game this season versus Exeter: remember Kendal : remember the public brawl with match sponsor Dave Treacy : remember the FA Cup Tie at Lancaster etc etc .  Are we passionate fans to stand or sit there and say nowt whilst he berates all and sunder, especially the match officials.He is an embarrassment to the club and in my view the sooner he goes the better. Over to you Graham Barrow.....................

VofD i am going to try and be constructive but it will be impossible;

You are a total nob;

Why dont you just grow old gracefully and die somewhere quietly?

You have never rated Graham and never will;

I bet you went home on Tuesday night and self harmed yourself with your pension book because you were so upset with the win;

I can not take anything you say seriously because you have never given a balanced view;

I think i am going to come into the main stand next home game and sh*t in your flat cap;

Come on Alty

Come on you red and white........

Frosty

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2008, 08:14:38 AM »

quality

Narcissist

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2008, 08:49:11 AM »

First of all, it is utter drivel to say that no one else could manage this club for all the reasons that Cult has mentioned. Moreover, it is is something that needs to be pointed out as I don't feel that it does GH or indeed the club any favours.

2. GH is not currently doing a 'great job'. yes, the best that he can and we've looked better of late. Don't get me wrong the blokes a legend in my eyes but we need to keep a sense of perspective here, we are only 1pt off relegation after all. But a 'great job' it is not and I'm sure GH would reflect in private (and probably does) that mistakes have been made and things could have been handled better. And as has been menttioned on here he does deserve credit for the way the situatuion is currently being addressed.

3. 'So called' Alty fans. Look, these people have a right to say their piece. And I'm sorry but with 13 home defeats in the first half of the seaon I think that the patience and support shown so far has been incredible. If you lose game then clearly there is room for 'opinion'. I don't doubt that 95% of the stuff that graham hears shouted is total sh*te and I'm sure that football is much more complex at this level than we fans could know. I'm sure it would get on my tits too but GH has to rise above it. It makes him looks childish and petulant and the club look poor.

I've said before GHs instransigence/stubborness has been a great asset to him and the club but it can also be a weakness. If he is so correct then just rise above it, easier typed than done when you're under pressure I guess but rise above it. I'll qualify that with syaing that harmless quotes usually have an adjective or two taken out by the time it gets to this stage. Perhaps not in this case but in previous instances.

I think this is pretty much spot on along with what alty365 mentioned. As much as we need to put this to bed its not us who can do that. GH will have to address the issue himself. We have to come on here and 'moan' because otherwise the club will become a laughing stock.

Ps. I cant wait to see alty.fc pull off the flat cap incident  ;D

Spangles

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »

So the Narcissist is into Coprophilia? That makes sense......

Narcissist

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2008, 09:18:53 AM »

Perhaps I should be renamed the Scatman!

harv

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »

Narcissist you brie shagging bastard!!!

Narcissist

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2008, 11:45:59 AM »

Narcissist you brie shagging bastard!!!

Thats a largely correct, although not all at once

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2008, 05:41:35 PM »

I think i am going to come into the main stand next home game and sh*t in your flat cap;

VofD always wears a ten-gallon hat at Moss Lane, so you will have your work cut out.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2008, 06:22:22 PM »

Excellent post and spot on...have a goodwin.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2008, 07:55:29 PM »

So the Narcissist is into Coprophilia? That makes sense......

Caprophilia  ;)

Narcissist

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2008, 08:07:59 PM »

Theyre going to think this is some kind of dirty protest!

VofD

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2008, 01:27:29 PM »

VofD i am going to try and be constructive but it will be impossible;

You are a total nob;

Why dont you just grow old gracefully and die somewhere quietly?

You have never rated Graham and never will;

I bet you went home on Tuesday night and self harmed yourself with your pension book because you were so upset with the win;

I can not take anything you say seriously because you have never given a balanced view;

Come on Alty

To use a Heathcoteism : Why don't you P**S OFF
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match