PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match  (Read 21100 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2008, 06:18:26 PM »

Ill tell you what why dont we just agree to disagree over football.

Im glass half full your glass half empty.
Come on you red and white........

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »

Somehwere amongst all of this thread is the truth. For my 2p..

First of all, it is utter drivel to say that no one else could manage this club for all the reasons that Cult has mentioned. Moreover, it is is something that needs to be pointed out as I don't feel that it does GH or indeed the club any favours.

2. GH is not currently doing a 'great job'. yes, the best that he can and we've looked better of late. Don't get me wrong the blokes a legend in my eyes but we need to keep a sense of perspective here, we are only 1pt off relegation after all. But a 'great job' it is not and I'm sure GH would reflect in private (and probably does) that mistakes have been made and things could have been handled better. And as has been menttioned on here he does deserve credit for the way the situatuion is currently being addressed.

3. 'So called' Alty fans. Look, these people have a right to say their piece. And I'm sorry but with 13 home defeats in the first half of the seaon I think that the patience and support shown so far has been incredible. If you lose game then clearly there is room for 'opinion'. I don't doubt that 95% of the stuff that graham hears shouted is total sh*te and I'm sure that football is much more complex at this level than we fans could know. I'm sure it would get on my tits too but GH has to rise above it. It makes him looks childish and petulant and the club look poor.

I've said before GHs instransigence/stubborness has been a great asset to him and the club but it can also be a weakness. If he is so correct then just rise above it, easier typed than done when you're under pressure I guess but rise above it. I'll qualify that with syaing that harmless quotes usually have an adjective or two taken out by the time it gets to this stage. Perhaps not in this case but in previous instances.

And it's too late for all the rest.

Totally agree, excellent post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match