PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match  (Read 20996 times)

letsbyavenue

« on: January 09, 2008, 12:59:07 AM »

Great result,out of relegation places ,wierd weather......but the same old GH. If Alty had lost tonite serious consideration would have to have been given to his dismissal,not for the defeat  but for his disgraceful conduct in the first half. True ,the grumpy old men at the back of the main stand did describe him as clueless and suggested the team spread out more ,but to turn his back on the pitch and tell those supporters to " Piss off" and then make violent threats to them is frankly unacceptable. Perhaps ,with what limited funds are available ,he could be sent on an anger management course. What pissed me off most was that for 2 minutes of the first half GH had his back turned to the action on the pitch in order to indulge his childish psychotic rants against paying supporters,when he is paid to concentrate onthe game and getting the required result which would have silenced the grumpy old sods who were being critical of him.

Jacko

Re: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 01:11:17 AM »

not sticking up for gh here but remember the golden rule......you cant expect anyone at a part time club to act profesional,maneger included
and if someone slagged me off for my formation i'd tell them were to go too ;D

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:18:30 AM »

It's generally accepted that anyone who sits in the stand at any ground where there is the option of standing knows very little about football.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

letsbyavenue

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:34:06 AM »

Knowledge of football is irrelevant : the issue is whether it is proper for the manager of the worlds finest team to use abusive and threatening language against paying supporters and ignore his onfield duties. If you think that displays a lack of knowledge of football perhaps you were an active participant at the Heysel stadium some years back . Thuggery is thuggery whoever displays it ,even if it is the Altrincham manager. Incidentally , the only reason I was sat in the stand was I was with my 8 year old son and  I thought it too cold for him to stand and he also had to listen to trhe rants of the 50something adolescent.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:50:25 AM »

not sticking up for gh here but remember the golden rule......you cant expect anyone at a part time club to act profesional,maneger included

But I think you will find that Graham Heathcote is employed as the full-time manager of Altrincham FC.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 02:10:07 AM »

true ian but he comes from this enviroment, it's all he knows, he's very grounded and i think certain people need to moan less and support more

Daycare Dan

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »

Let's look at it another way:

If I came to your work and sat behind you telling you how you should be doing your job  (remember I have no experience in how to do your job, but I've played for hours on a PC game like it) how would you respond? Granted GH should not be swearing at people, but I can understand why he reacts the way he does.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 09:14:35 AM »

I was sat in the thick of all this and all that was shouted at the players was'Spread Out'.To turn your back on the game and have a rant at someone who supports the team, week in week out was wrong. To say that sitting down in the main stand you don't understand football is a load of tosh. I have been in the Golf Road since 1975 and have become a Dad who takes his son and his friends to matches and now prefer to sit down. Graham must learn to ignore happy/grumpy old men (depending on performance) as this is not the first time that tyhis has happened.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 10:17:10 AM »

I won't judge, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what was or wasn't said.

However, I suspect GH is getting very frustrated with some of the criticism hw gets as well, of course, with Alty's position in the league. He tells the team to play passing football and they hoof it instead, for instance.

Whether GH is right or wrong in this  - its not for me to judge - I suspect the cause is his frustration and, I suspect, a certain degree of stress.

I just hope it does not alienate him from fans and gets him into trouble.

seasonticket

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 10:28:33 AM »

I have supported Alty since 1947 so don't say I know nothing about football because I sit in the stand.
There are certain voices from behind where I sit who do nothing but moan about what happens on the pitch, whether it is good bad or indifferent. They do nothing but criticize. I don't blame GH for his reaction. Maybe he should ignore it; but he is passionate about his team. If he wasn't then we would all have reason to complain. In fact I could not do what he does for the club and not react to such criticism. I would probably have been done for GBH by now.
Do we want a manager who sits in the dugout, says nothing to the players during the game and just sends on the subs: Or do we want passion and commitment? After all that is what many people have been asking for from the players recently and that has to start from the manager.
Rant over.
Well done last night to everyone apart from the muppet who wanted us to "spread out" and give the opposition mere space to play. Is this the same prat who constsntly wants the "keeper to come for it" even when he would have to be faster than Linford Christe to make it befor the oppsition attacker?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 11:21:18 AM »

Do we want a manager who sits in the dugout, says nothing to the players during the game and just sends on the subs: Or do we want passion and commitment? After all that is what many people have been asking for from the players recently and that has to start from the manager.

Well done last night to everyone apart from the muppet who wanted us to "spread out" and give the opposition mere space to play.

No one's said that he shouldn't be passionate or committed have they? Just that he should direct his tirades towards the players and not the paying public.

As for the 'muppet', I think has a point - we always play far too narrow. Does that warrant an attack on me by GH, don't be ridiculous.

You don't see Allardyce fighting it out with the crowd do you? GH needs to grow up and shut the f*ck up.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »

Maybe the crowds frustation could have been directed at the linesman who didn't seem to know the offside law.
They really should be beating teams like us

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »

Maybe the crowds frustation could have been directed at the linesman who didn't seem to know the offside law.

The new rule is "if the ball is played forward at the Chequers end then it's offside?"
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Alex

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 11:47:05 AM »

why the f*ck was ther frustration in the first place? we won and we never looked like we were being out played by kiddy. spread it wide? is it just me or did playing narrow get us 3pts? if we had played more open i have no doubt that players of the quality of richards would have done us more damage.

now i do not condone heathcote's reaction to the comments but as said before we wouldn't apreciate someone coming to our place of work and telling us how to do our job. and it's not like these comments are coming in games when we are underpreforming there appears to be not let up in people shouting at the manager (last night we were playing some of the best football i've seen us play this year) yet the comment still come? now we all know heathcote is prone to these outbursts so i would say if you are going to shout critisim at him be prepared for his reaction, i know he should ignore it but if i came and stood behind you and costantly critcised everything you did with no let up are you saying you would turn round and tell me to shut up? anyway we had a good performace last night so let's focus on that !

RocketDan

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 11:57:50 AM »

It's generally accepted that anyone who sits in the stand at any ground where there is the option of standing knows very little about football.

either that or they have very short legs and cant see over the crush barriers.

Viewing football from the sides - now there is something that does not intrest me... get yourself behind a goal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team