PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If you were given £15M and the keys to Alty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: If you were given £15M and the keys to Alty  (Read 21758 times)

Narcissist

Re: If you were given £15M and the keys to Alty
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2008, 12:38:33 PM »

Jezza,

Would the 1.5 million quid chequers end have gold plated toilets? You could build a ground for that?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »

An idea for the bar as it is now is to deignate a corner for a bottle bar; you could have a small fridge and table with 50 bottles in and throw them out at £2.50 a pop. ???

As for the ground I would extend the middle roof on the popular side to the whole length, re develop the Golf Road making it slightly deeper and steeper with new no pillar roof made to enhance acoustics, leave the chequers end, build a similar family stand next to the main stand with a small terrace /walk way at the front, and if there is room another bar in the corner of the Golf/popular side.

Alex

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2008, 12:40:30 PM »

if i were given this i would build a site on the BA complex that was similar to the princess park site in dartford (see below) which would cater for other local sports and encourage children to use the facilities like 5 a side pitches (because if they play 5 a side next to altys ground they might just pop in to watch a match or two - then there hooked) i would have a social buil into the ground that would be big enought to cater for weddings and other functions like buisness confrences etc. then i would put money into an acadamy type set up where the newly formed altrincham fc junior teams could play and train on high quality pitches with the hope of finding a gem from somewhere, and the possibilty of a set up like ajax (where the kids are taugh technique over flair and are taught how to be a good all round player which will mean a better standard of player when they reach the first team) then i would get a set up similer to that at bolton where they have the neutritionists and pycologists to look after the players off the pitch. i would have a statue of Jackie Swindells built and place it outside the main stand and have have a similer list of legends names on plaques in a corner section of the ground which is dedicated to the past greats (like they do in america at yankee stadium) and along with that a museum to show this clubs proud history for all to see.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »

PS I'd put the 'cote, Kingy and Mark Maddox in charge of the Alty former players social society and reserve free seats and hospitaility to any former alty legends.

A museum would be included in the new main stand complex.

Far too often legends are forgotten about and never seen again at moss lane..we are a family who should look after and stay in contact with all former idols.

and I'd get bernard down to moss lane as guest of honour one match soon.

Hello Alty former players society

Hi Kingy Ian Tunnicliffe here...

Click

Hello er Hello????????

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »

Nice ground that, I would defiantly keep three sides covered terracing with a top main stand of about 2000 seats, no need for more seating and its good to give non league fans two different areas of terrace to choose from we could split on end in two and give half  to away fans and still let home fans move to the corner of the pop side.....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:58:55 PM by altrincham »

Alex

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2008, 12:57:33 PM »

sorry forgot to mention that i would have 3 sides of standing and seating in the main stand. but the above general lay out

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »

Requiem is sh*t Duke just off the back don't waste your time seeing it!

alty snapper

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 01:02:17 PM »

i'd put the club photographer on a £1 million contract per season, it would be a win / win situation!!!

Alex

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »

Requiem is sh*t Duke just off the back don't waste your time seeing it!

noted will wait till i get a pirate dvd   copy of the released version when it comes out at discount price

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2008, 04:42:56 PM »

I think whats interested me on this thread is that 'football fans' (ie: us) realise that throwing money at a football club is not an option ... You have to build slowly and carefully..

So why do Chairman feel the need to do it the silly way ??

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

it's an ego thing

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »

Hello Alty former players society

Hi Kingy Ian Tunnicliffe here...

Click

Hello er Hello????????

Oi.
Leave it out!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »

if i were given this i would build a site on the BA complex that was similar to the princess park site in dartford (see below) which would cater for other local sports and encourage children to use the facilities like 5 a side pitches (because if they play 5 a side next to altys ground they might just pop in to watch a match or two - then there hooked) i would have a social buil into the ground that would be big enought to cater for weddings and other functions like buisness confrences etc. then i would put money into an acadamy type set up where the newly formed altrincham fc junior teams could play and train on high quality pitches with the hope of finding a gem from somewhere, and the possibilty of a set up like ajax (where the kids are taugh technique over flair and are taught how to be a good all round player which will mean a better standard of player when they reach the first team) then i would get a set up similer to that at bolton where they have the neutritionists and pycologists to look after the players off the pitch. i would have a statue of Jackie Swindells built and place it outside the main stand and have have a similer list of legends names on plaques in a corner section of the ground which is dedicated to the past greats (like they do in america at yankee stadium) and along with that a museum to show this clubs proud history for all to see.

I dont like dartfords new ground, its made of tofu and lentils  or summat gay like that with grass on the roof, and it will look terrible in ten years when its rotted, much like the romana sq development on park road timperley!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »

isn't it nearly easter?

crewe alty

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2008, 06:54:16 PM »

This weeks euro jackpot estimated £41m. 1 pint less on friday night will pay for a ticket.who knows could be altys lucky day :o 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If you were given £15M and the keys to Alty