News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Family friendly

Author Topic: Family friendly  (Read 7935 times)

NewToAlty

Family friendly
« on: October 23, 2006, 12:29:49 PM »

I have been reading through the forums and am very impressed by what I have been reading. I have recently moved into the area and stayed away from any football ground except my previous local club ( average gate 100 ) due to the behaviour of fans and my reluctance to allow my ten year old daughter to have to listen to what are no more than gutter mouthed thugs at grounds. How safe is the family stand for kids ?

YellowHoods

Re: Family friendly
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 12:42:18 PM »

Shame you missed out on the away trip to Oxford. We have a nice, well-used family stand and, in common with the rest of the Conference, none of our fans swear.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 01:19:06 PM »

I have attended for thirty years, and know my daughter has a season ticket for the terraces. She is 11 and feels confident to stand on her own.

The club is friendly and abuse and trouble are extremely rare.

So give it a try? Come on down!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 01:24:48 PM »

I'm very pleased that I can say Moss Lane is one of the safest places in non-league for families to watch football in a relaxed atmosphere, in fairness most conference grounds are really. The prospect of trouble is minimal and I think we have more young fans than we have had for quite a while. Most of them tend to be playing, kicking cans round the concrete steps than watching the game but hey ho.

I think you'll find Moss Lane is perfectly safe, most people know each other and we don't have thugs. There is swearing occasionally - maybe we should try and control that a bit more actually lads - but nothing vicious. I would be amazed if there was swearing etc in the family stand. get hold of the messnger, get a kids for £2 voucher and enjoy good level conference football for the cheapest prices in the division. Make yourself known to the bar staff in the bar before the game and I'll buy you (and your lass) a welcome drink. If I'm not there, ask for Pete Hughes, he will as well  :)

Next home game is Crawley Sat 18th Nov, altho there may be (please God) an FA Cup match in between.

Also the added bonus of feeling an attachment to your local area.

Ballers (Gareth Thomas)

NewTo Alty

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 01:29:32 PM »

Ok, we will aim for the Crawley game, unless there is an FA cup tie before then, in which case we will drop in then. Thanks

markecky

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 01:59:04 PM »

To my knowledge there is no swearing in the family stand and it is, as the titile suggests, an excellent place for families.  This is true for most of the ground really.  Obviously where the singers stand there can be some swearing, not condoning it but its going to happen at football whether clubs admit to it or not.  The rest of the ground is ideal really.

Look forward to welcoming you against Crawley and lets hope you enjoy it.

NewToAlty

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 06:26:28 PM »

Must say I am looking forward to it so much we might turn up for the reserve game on Saturday  :)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 09:48:44 AM »

I have recently moved into the area and stayed away from any football ground except my previous local club ( average gate 100 )

Out of interest, which was your previous local club?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

NewToAlty

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »

Believe it or not..........East Stirling  :)... Firs Park was just round the corner for many years.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 10:42:45 AM »

Blimey!
I'm sure you're going to enjoy yourselves at ML - East Stirling tend not to do very well I believe!
Hope you weren't the jinx up there?  :D :D
Welcome to Alty - I'm sure you'll be as hooked on the Robins as the rest of us in no time!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

NewToAlty

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »

I think the standard of football will be a lot higher too, I suspect that the Alty reserves would turn over The Shire.

Stockportalty

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 10:04:28 PM »

Welcome to Alty, I am sure you will find us a friendly bunch, and please if you want to know anything ask a steward, if they can't help you they will find someone who can.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 07:05:55 PM »

bump

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 08:10:27 PM »

you've bumped this up why?

T.A