PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Increasing our attendences
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Increasing our attendences  (Read 10870 times)

Longman

« on: January 22, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »

Over the last couple of weeks there has been a bit of talk regarding getting more people down to watch Alty and thus boost our attendence / fanbase etc.  I'd just like to give a little testimonial which highlights how addictive and enjoyable coming to watch Alty can be.  I have managed to persuade one of my mates to start coming to watch Alty instead of United, it started with the Millwall game and since then he's come along with me to the Northwich games, the Kidderminster game and saturday's York game, also a couple of my other mates (one a Wigan fan and one a United fan) are expressing and interest in Alty and have been down once each, both of whom are coming to the Woking match next week!

Basically if I can do it everyone can, if only a third of us started to bring one person down each week we'd have about another 300 home fans each week, thus boosting the financial coffers of the club and giving the lads even better support!  Anyway I just wanted to let you know that i'm slowly but surely converting my premiership club supporting mates into Alty addicts!!  ;D

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing our attendences
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »

Good on you, would be nice to get a decent crowd/atmosphere for the T.V cameras.

JT

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 06:05:24 PM »

I have to back up what Longman said there. Coming to alty is so addictive, and i have been coming down for ever home match now for around 2 years. After about 1 year of just me and my mate coming down i started to get more and more of my friends to come down and watch the lads. I now bring about 6 mates every game, all of whom really get behind the team.
I have supported a premiership club for most of my life, however i now honestly find that Alty are my no.1 team. If the prem team loses im not that botherd now, but if Alty lose it puts my weekend on a downer. I am now positive that i will be an Alty fan for life.
I really think everyone that comes to the games at the moment should try and bring an extra person down for each game, as it can only help the club.

penfold

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 06:16:37 PM »

My first game was about 4 years ago when we were in the dark days of the Conference North. I was asked to go to that game by a friend and ever since then iv been to most games and had a season ticket for 2 seasons now. I totally agree on what your saying and i think its a great idea. What we should do is set a fixture e.g Farsley where we ask as many of the fans to bring someone who does not normally come down to moss lane, and see what the turn out is like. Us it as am experiment to see if we can make a difference

Longman

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 06:40:01 PM »

What about the Woking game that's on Setanta next week?  I for one will be bringing 4 mates along,  ;)

bigcol

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 06:45:01 PM »

Hammy's right: bring a friend who gets in half price or kids for a quid, there's plenty of room in the ground for them!

crossie

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »

Hammy's right: bring a friend who gets in half price or kids for a quid, there's plenty of room in the ground for them!

This is potentially a good idea. If say the 750 regulars, all bring some one that doesn't normally come and watch alty, that would mean 1500 fans who are supporting alty, then include the away section depending on which team it is, because i doubt Woking will bring many nor will Farsley that figure will probably reach 1600. Then if there was £1 entry for kids there is a strong chance of getting a couple more 100 in. I really think this idea needs promoting, there is the potential for a good source of income hear for a few matches, because if we do well on the night/ day people will take interest.
Can any fans with strong contacts with the club please tell us if this idea would be worth thinking about, because there is real potential hear.

Butty

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »

I also know that, as another idea, some people at school are being put off by having to pay 6(i think) quid for entry. As another profitable idea, i think that the 2 pound(could even be raised to 3) age bracket should be changed from under 12 to under 16, as this would attract a lot more teenagers.

JT

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 08:58:21 PM »

Spot on Butty

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 09:03:03 PM »

Good on you Longman & others.

When I lived in Chester I used to bring 1 or 2 of my work mates or a disabled lass I knew from Liverpool. When I moved to Kendal I brought along my ex-wife-to-be and sometimes her nephews & neice.

The thing they all had in common: they all enjoyed it & wanted to go regularly

Whiskers

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »

Hit it on the nail. Myself and others support the first team we ever watched live. GET THE KIDS IN FOR PENNIES.

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »

I have mentioned this before on this forum, so here I go again.

Free tickets for juniors to attend home league games are available from Alty Leisure Centre, plenty already make use of this.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 09:17:19 PM »

Free tickets for juniors to attend home league games are available from Alty Leisure Centre, plenty already make use of this.
what age is junior?

crossie

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »

I think if they had these tickets avalible at other places other then alty leisure centre they might go, becasue atm they are only in on place, if you increase the number of places they are avalible, the more people notice them

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:02 PM »

Ice rink, Cinema, (dare I say) Tesco!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team