PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Increasing our attendences
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Increasing our attendences  (Read 10878 times)

penfold

Re: Increasing our attendences
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 11:20:30 PM »

Tesco, that would be a sin. They ruined our attendence last time. But yeah you get the idea, the more places we can promote the better. What about with every x amount of pounds spent in sainsburys you get half price entry into the ground or something. Worth a try anyhow.

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 09:44:42 AM »

I have mentioned this before on this forum, so here I go again.

Free tickets for juniors to attend home league games are available from Alty Leisure Centre, plenty already make use of this.
what age is junior?

It was under 16 last season. Dont think you'll get in for that somehow.  :D

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 10:57:27 AM »

Maybe a promotion scheme where by the club chooses a high profile game, 6 pointer/derby etc.. and they do a promotion such as let everyone in for £5 or one in one free. If the promotion is publicised properly in the M.E.N, radio, messenger etc...the club wont loose money but will increase fan/club relations, community/club relations and the general local profile aswell as getting a decent gate to spur the players on. If after a test game it worked they could do this a number of times throughout a season.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »

The £2 scheme is for U14 at present.

Hodgey

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 12:16:24 PM »

Basically if I can do it everyone can, if only a third of us started to bring one person down each week we'd have about another 300 home fans each week, thus boosting the financial coffers of the club and giving the lads even better support!  Anyway I just wanted to let you know that i'm slowly but surely converting my premiership club supporting mates into Alty addicts!!  ;D
[/quote]

Spot on Longman, I started watching Alty and I would say it took me 3 matches before I understood the squad and players now im hooked, I bought a season ticket and I have managed to bring a friend who is now equally hooked and he will also be buying a season ticket for the remining games. Derek has confirmed the club will pro rata the season ticket cost against the remaining games so a discount is available still if the supporters are willing to commit to the club. Ive 100% agree regarding existing fans selecting 'a' another football fan to bring to Alty.

3pm KO's on a Saturday afternoon
Standing terrace
No hassle parking
Good pubs nearby
Good open honest football

Bring A Fan To ALty   (BAFTA) ... COME ON !!!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »

Most Alty fans try and bring people to games, the fact is its pretty hard persuading people without a new incentive....

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 12:32:54 PM »

I think the problem is getting people who have watched Alty and stopped (because of performances etc) to come back.  I know of 2 that stopped a couple of months into this season, and despite me saying we've improved, are reluctant to come back. I will however keep on at them!

Longman

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 12:40:27 PM »

"3pm KO's on a Saturday afternoon
Standing terrace
No hassle parking
Good pubs nearby
Good open honest football

Bring A Fan To ALty   (BAFTA) ... COME ON !!!"

HERE HERE!  ;D

The Fan

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »

The problem with the "bring a mate" policy is that, whether you admit it or not, the product on display can often be very poor. If you spend £12 on a bottle of wine and it doesn't taste very good, the chances are you won't buy it again.

I have brought mates to several games and they have left somewhat disappointed (to put it mildly) by the standard (Grays at home and Northwich on Boxing Day spring to mind).

The fact is that it's highly unlikely that any fan you bring will become an Alty fan - most can watch Utd, City etc on a Saturday afternoon via foreign TV, internet etc. Don't get me wrong, I ask every week and it's obviously worth doing, but it's just not going to double our attendance every week.

To me it's Catch 22 - improve the product, improve those willing to pay for it (but we can't improve the product without more money through the turnstiles).

I hope forum users can see that I'm trying to make a valid point - not trying to p**s on the parade.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »

Agree with most of that, thats why is suggested targeted games where the punters have a chance of seeing a good passionate match with the added bonus of a price incentive.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 12:58:39 PM »

Woking and Farsley are absolutely massive games for us and could be critical in our bid to stay up. 6 points from them (and 3 more at the Butchers!) would see us going a long way to realising our dream. If it's not too late to organise, these two should be targeted, in my opinion.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jacko

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »

I think people are quite ignorant about coming to moss lane because they think its unstylish or they see us a pub team,
however i think we are slowly beginning to gain an appeal to these types

JT

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 04:42:17 PM »

Going back to where we could advertise these free/cheap junior tickets. Can we not send some out to local schools? Im sure groups of mates would be interested if they were free and weren't doing anything on a saturday afternoon. Even saying that the Woking match is on tv might bring a few down! "By getting your ticket you have a chance of being on the telly!" surely kids will be like flies round sh*t at the stuff!

Hodgey

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:09 PM »

I think people are quite ignorant about coming to moss lane because they think its unstylish or they see us a pub team,
however i think we are slowly beginning to gain an appeal to these types

I think this is a very valid point, since the glamour associated with the premiership arrived, a visit to moss lane is not the most appealing to the average football supporter who has started watching football in recent years This is not the fan that will be easy to attract. The supporter who I think would be more likely to visit  Alty is the nostalgic fan, the type that remembers the game before the changes, who could stand with his mates every week, who had a routine that was hassle free, the type of supporter that  continued to follow FC United after the Glazor row faded away. They do exist and probably go to Old Trafford  when then can or have stopped watching football altogether, but they need to be coaxed back!

Go find them and BAFTA !

crossie

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »

Come on my fellow altrincham supporters, its all well and good proposing this idea, but we should implementate it, then we will Know how sussessful the sugestion was.
What we need to do is distribute free junior tickets to all the local schools on monday, lets say give each school 50 tickets each, if they all go then we will no if its going to be successful. Also lets have the Woking game and the Farsley game as BAFTA DAY. PLease as many of you as possible tell friends at, school, College, Uni, Work the Pub even the local randomer in the steet, inform them of the day. If we make posters and print them out in black and white and put them in school registers, shops, take aways and the bus station.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Increasing our attendences