PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Increasing our attendences
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Increasing our attendences  (Read 10807 times)

penfold

Re: Increasing our attendences
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 06:07:37 PM »

Come on my fellow altrincham supporters, its all well and good proposing this idea, but we should implementate it, then we will Know how sussessful the sugestion was.
What we need to do is distribute free junior tickets to all the local schools on monday, lets say give each school 50 tickets each, if they all go then we will no if its going to be successful. Also lets have the Woking game and the Farsley game as BAFTA DAY. PLease as many of you as possible tell friends at, school, College, Uni, Work the Pub even the local randomer in the steet, inform them of the day. If we make posters and print them out in black and white and put them in school registers, shops, take aways and the bus station.

This guy is entusiastic, well done a most inspiring post.
Come on lets get together and tell the club of this idea and lets try it out next thursday and see if its works
To BAFTA DAY

Hodgey

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 07:23:46 PM »

Come on my fellow altrincham supporters, its all well and good proposing this idea, but we should implementate it, then we will Know how sussessful the sugestion was.
What we need to do is distribute free junior tickets to all the local schools on monday, lets say give each school 50 tickets each, if they all go then we will no if its going to be successful. Also lets have the Woking game and the Farsley game as BAFTA DAY. PLease as many of you as possible tell friends at, school, College, Uni, Work the Pub even the local randomer in the steet, inform them of the day. If we make posters and print them out in black and white and put them in school registers, shops, take aways and the bus station.

Well in Hale Alty ! It is possible as I have managed to convince 15 work collegues to go to the Crawley game and hope to break the twenty mark. I am obviously in and I will be raising the profile of BAFTA day, lets start the ball rolling............ any more takers?

altyvilla

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »

Villa fan here.  I've lived in Alty for a few years now and must admit I've been down a few times in the last few seasons even went to the Saltdump down the road for the 1-1 last season.  However, due to purchasing a season ticket for my own club opportunities have been slim to come to Moss Lane.  However after reading your pleas for support myself and a Leicester City supporting mate will definitely be attending the Farsley Celtic game and we'll see what we can do for the Woking game.  We've got others who can maybe be kicked along as well.

In terms of ideas I think you have to get them young and initiatives aimed at kids and young people are the best bet.

Good luck with everything you do to get the attendances back up,  I've always enjoyed the atmos at Moss Lane and the all the usual advantages of watching lower league football: friendly, pubs, singing, standing up (you lucky gits) etc etc

Hodgey

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »

Villa fan here.  I've lived in Alty for a few years now and must admit I've been down a few times in the last few seasons even went to the Saltdump down the road for the 1-1 last season.  However, due to purchasing a season ticket for my own club opportunities have been slim to come to Moss Lane.  However after reading your pleas for support myself and a Leicester City supporting mate will definitely be attending the Farsley Celtic game and we'll see what we can do for the Woking game.  We've got others who can maybe be kicked along as well.

In terms of ideas I think you have to get them young and initiatives aimed at kids and young people are the best bet.

Good luck with everything you do to get the attendances back up,  I've always enjoyed the atmos at Moss Lane and the all the usual advantages of watching lower league football: friendly, pubs, singing, standing up (you lucky gits) etc etc

That is fantastic, your winning the furthest supporter for BAFTA by far ! have a good trip and thanks !

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 09:10:56 PM »

Good stuff Villa.

Is it true that you lot still sing songs to Birmingham on derby day about us knocking them out of the FA Cup?

JT

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »

That is fantastic to see, thank you for your support
When you see posts like that it makes you rpoud to be a fan of the club in my eyes

markecky

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 10:55:55 PM »

Good man Villa.  Make sure you and the lads get behind the goal with the noisy bunch..all welcome!

The Fan

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2008, 08:39:41 AM »

What about using the Woking game as a "free kids" initiative. Whilst opinions on Thursday night football, Setanta etc may be mixed, it would be nice to give them a fairly sizeable crowd to look at.

samba

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2008, 10:06:17 AM »

I honestly think this is all fantastic.  I've got quite a few mates who I've been trying to persuade to come, and they've all tentatively agreed, but I think the cost has always been a factor (we're dirty students).  If there was some sort of one in one half price I think it would tip the balance.

Or I'll just tell them it's BAFTA day.  That might work :).  I'll make sure they're there.
Come on Alty!

Longman

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2008, 10:27:17 AM »

Nice one Villa!  The Golf Road probabably ain't as loud as the Holte End but they're some real passionate Alty fans in there.

Perhaps we could muster some kind of feeder club relationship between Villa and Alty?  You know the score, we take your young players on loan etc,  ;D ;)

altyvilla

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 12:14:59 PM »

Good stuff Villa.

Is it true that you lot still sing songs to Birmingham on derby day about us knocking them out of the FA Cup?

Indeeed we do ballers.

To the tune of "the Laughing Policeman"

There was a team called City,
they came from Birmingham,
they got knocked out the fa cup by non league altrincham,
was in the final minute, the referee blew up,
and now those bluenose b*st*rds are out the fa cup

Oh aha ha ha ha ha ha ha,
ha ha ha ha etc.

Not heard on the Holte for many a day but there seems to be a reprise of many old songs recently and I've seen this one bandied about so you never know it may make a comeback.

altyvilla

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 12:21:17 PM »

Good man Villa.  Make sure you and the lads get behind the goal with the noisy bunch..all welcome!

I normally join in with the singing lot when I do come down, I think you've got cracking support for such a small fanbase, you certainly put the likes of Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton to shame from what I'[ve seen of their away support down at VP.

You've also got a good range of songs as well, particularly the greasy chip butty song, classic....

altyvilla

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »

Nice one Villa!  The Golf Road probabably ain't as loud as the Holte End but they're some real passionate Alty fans in there.

Perhaps we could muster some kind of feeder club relationship between Villa and Alty?  You know the score, we take your young players on loan etc,  ;D ;)

Longman

Love the passion you get down at Alty and for a club of your size you can be rightly proud of the noise you make.  I love the "Can you sing without your drum" chant usually shuts up the prepubescent

You'll have to speak to the Messiah MON about players.  The trouble for clubs like Altrincham is that Premiership clubs wouldn't let there youth starlets play at this level.  For instance we 've got three out on loan at the moment, One at port vale, one at Southampton and one at Yeovil so you can see the problem.  Some of these youth players are that good they can get into the first teams of Championship sides.

I notice recently that Graham Barrow has arrived.  (Did he have involvment with you as a player back in the day?)  Barrow is a great man to have around.  I used to live in Chester and went down the Deva a fair bit (I know I know  ;)) when he was around the club in the 90's and he did reasonably well as their Manager.

Hodgey

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »

BAFTA - Altrinchan v Farsley

Butty

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 09:25:49 PM »

Definately been bumping up the Woking match at school, always 2 or 3 lads who come down to midweek matches for the atmsphere, getting a few more and using the incentive to get on tele.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Increasing our attendences