Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In an effort to generate old-fashioned FA Cup excitement prior to Rushden ...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: In an effort to generate old-fashioned FA Cup excitement prior to Rushden ...  (Read 27901 times)

Jez

I'd like to re-live the Everton matches as I was too young to really appreciate them at the time and also the Sheff Utd replay coz I missed it..yeah that's right...got to all the other crappy games that year but missed that one. Although I did get to the away 2-2 and remember Bramhall Lane as a PROPER football ground.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Ah the Everton away game ... happy memories:

Going to the kiosk to buy 40 cigs (yes you could do that in a ground then) for 20p a packet, giving the bloke a pound and getting 2 x 50p's as change instead of a 50 and a 10. I said I thought I'd been given the wrong change and was told "Don't get smart just coz you're f**king winning!"

Peter Eales giving Latchford the "kiss of life" full-on snog after one of his theatrical dives for a pen!

Taking my old Dad in his last year with his bad leg and him kicking his tea down the neck of the Evertonian in front when we scored (we were in the steeply-sloped stand where the person in front's head was level with your knees). THAT was absolutely p**s funny!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:38:51 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In an effort to generate old-fashioned FA Cup excitement prior to Rushden ...