PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A full run down of "sh*te fortnight"
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A full run down of "sh*te fortnight"  (Read 4024 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:10:59 AM »

Saturday 9th Feb

Droylsden (23rd) v Altrincham (20th)

Farsley Celtic (21st) v Aldershot (1st)

Northwich (22nd) v Salisbury (10th)

Stafford Rangers (24th)  v Weymouth (19th)

Tuesday 12th Feb

Altrincham (20th) v Farsley Celtic (21st)

Burton Albion (4th) v Droylsden (23rd)

Histon (9th) v Stafford Rangers (24th

Weymouth (19th) v Torquay (2nd)

Staurday 16th Feb

Farsley Celtic (21st) v Woking (16th)

Forest Green (7th) v Stafford Rangers (24th)

Northwich (22nd) v Weymouth (19th)

Oxford Utd (15th)  v Droylsden (23rd)

Rushden & D'monds (17th) v Altrincham (20th)

Narcissist

Re: A full run down of "sh*te fortnight"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:47:06 AM »

4 or 6 points required here, otherwise it will be the mother of all dog fights for us and farsley!

Cant see weymouth being dragged into it, but i guess it would help us a bit. I think we just need to concentrate on finishing above farsley because staff, vics and droyls are out of it.

altyf

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:09:11 PM »

4 or 6 points required here, otherwise it will be the mother of all dog fights for us and farsley!

Cant see weymouth being dragged into it, but i guess it would help us a bit. I think we just need to concentrate on finishing above farsley because staff, vics and droyls are out of it.

Really not sure if that is true,
From what I have seen of Stafford, unless they sort something out quickly they are gone.
Droylsden and Vics however, I can somehow see them going on a run, and Vics especially have to be watched.
If they can get their "new look team" together and perform well, they could be a threat and I wouldnt write either of them off just yet,
Theres a long way to go, but I'm sure we'll have a better idea after the following 2 weeks.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:31:24 PM »

For me:

Stafford have conceded without a fight and accepted relegation

Droyslden - Will be tough against us but have gone to far downhill now.  Dave Pace has the fight, the players don't. For me that Jody Banim statement was so so damaging.

Vics - Form says they may not have quite enough to get above us..however I have a cocky manager and often cokcy managers get to say "Told you so".

For me its 2 from 3 for the next couple of weeks

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 01:04:37 PM »

Although we have undoubtedly improved since that Boxing Day debacle against Vics, there are things that still keep me awake at nights:

we possess the second worst defensive record in the league;

we are still averaging two goals conceded per league game;

we have only achieved two clean sheets in 29 league games.

Until these issues are addressed, I reserve the right to panic....!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 01:07:13 PM »

a big chance to get some daylight between us and farsley this weekend,droyelsden seem unpredictable though,
would really take a gritty performance off farsley on tuesday to beat us at moss lane on our form,
taking the initiative now could be vital as we have to consider that we wont have the resourses we have now as the loan players may not be here for the run in
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:08:44 PM by Jacko »

matnvfcmad

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 01:13:37 PM »

if you beat both droylesden and farsley i think you will stay up leaving us stafford farsley bloods to go down however if we do go down i think a team will go into admin or the ground is big enough to enter blue square premier just like it happened to you lot not just once but twice!!!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 01:15:04 PM »

Is tomorrows game against Vauxhalls part of sh*te fortnight?
They really should be beating teams like us

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

if you beat both droylesden and farsley i think you will stay up leaving us stafford farsley bloods to go down however if we do go down i think a team will go into admin or the ground is big enough to enter blue square premier just like it happened to you lot not just once but twice!!!
got a feeling that might not happen this time though, i think you lot will turn out to be our main threat in the end but im hopefull we'd have done enough

James Black

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »

with da players we have we r very capable of getting da whole 9 pts 6 are almost certainly ours get in

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 05:47:08 PM »

The team going into administration might just be Northwich Victoria (2007)....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »

I said this last season and will repeat it again - Nothing is certain until we see the letter "R" in the league table against the names of four of our rivals.

Last season we were all talking at Christmas about how Southport 'had gone', only for them to go on a great run and amass a lot of points towards the end. Yes, I know that they were relegated, but this did not happen until there were only 2 or 3 games remaining. Another fortnight and they could have nicked Stafford's spot.
If a team below us went and did the same, then we could be in trouble.

Of the bottom five teams, I honestly think we are best placed to stay up, however.............don't count your chickens and remember that it's not over 'til the fat lady sings. Amen.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

red rum

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 07:01:40 PM »

Droylsden are down anyway - something to do with their ground. Or thats what i heard anyway. So thats one down, three to go!

Foz

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 07:07:43 PM »

Droylsden are down anyway - something to do with their ground. Or thats what i heard anyway. So thats one down, three to go!

Hmm, I have not heard that one before. I may be wrong, but I thought that they had the necessary ground rating for this league a few years back. Think you may want to check your facts on that one... One thing is for sure, no one has told Pacey that judging by all his press comments over the season.

red rum

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 07:11:14 PM »

I have heard rumblings that Droyslden and Farsley are pretty much certain for relagation because of 'ground issues', and Workington in the BSN. Might just be rumour, we shall have to wait and see.
And as regards to Pace, he will say Droylsden will win the play-offs even when they are bottom of the league - you know what he's like!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team