PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Droylsden  (Read 9703 times)

Bloods r us

Re: Droylsden
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »

I'm sorry Bloods fan, I'm usually fairly gracious towards the opposition, but I think you are wrong. Banim of course was magnificent (despite the fat boy jibes) and Denham gave JJ a few scares in the first period, but that aside, you were very, very poor. We certainly weren't great in what was a dour game, but still superior to Droylsden in practically every single department. The two lads I've mentioned, have up until today, given you an outside chance of survival, but not now.

I think that is  truly wrong.

All our team was poor today and i personally (on the fence here) didnt think any of your players were going to beat us. Every Department? Your midfield looked poor, Mackin was beating you all with passes, it was our strikers that cost us. Also Jody banim was rubbish today compared to how he has played this season.

chrisrufc

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »

Code: [Select]
All our team was poor today and i personally (on the fence here) didnt think any of your players were going to beat us. Every Department? Your midfield looked poor, Mackin was beating you all with passes, it was our strikers that cost us. Also Jody banim was rubbish today compared to how he has played this season.
I thought almost the exact opposite.  Your forwards movement was quite good in the first half and caused a couple worrying moments but as the game developed I thought you lost the midfield

Bloods r us

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »

I thought almost the exact opposite.  Your forwards movement was quite good in the first half and caused a couple worrying moments but as the game developed I thought you lost the midfield

Our forward movement was shocking, terry fearns was rubbish, hardly challeneged, and Jody trying to be a superstar.

louise1925

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »

I don't know which Jody Banim you were watching Bloods fan. He was a constant menace up front and Chris Denham also looked very sharp in the first half at least. Your midfield was totally outclassed and that's where the game was won and lost as Chrisrufc says. Liam King was the games outstanding player, though both Robbie and Warren worked their socks off as usual.

chrisrufc

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

Robbie and Warren worked their socks off as usual.
Thought Warren struggled a bit today but no doubt worked his socks off

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
My view of the game
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »

The game today, minutes silence well obsevered by both sets of fans first half was dire balls going high couple of decent tip over by Coburn
ref was fussy and missed alot that went on. Second half was much better early goal to settle some nerves could have gone either way till Little's goal my motm was Shotton. Excellent turnout today and it was the first time in ages i have actually joined in the singing.
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 07:50:26 PM »

I'm sorry Bloods fan, I'm usually fairly gracious towards the opposition, but I think you are wrong. Banim of course was magnificent (despite the fat boy jibes) and Denham gave JJ a few scares in the first period, but that aside, you were very, very poor. We certainly weren't great in what was a dour game, but still superior to Droylsden in practically every single department. The two lads I've mentioned, have up until today, given you an outside chance of survival, but not now.

I think that is  truly wrong.

So Banim usually playes better in the habitual 5-0's and 8-0's does he?

He was superb today as was Denham when he managed to get away from Warren

Terry Fearns nows joins the fat gang that you have assembled.

JT

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2008, 08:20:09 PM »

I wonder if Pace still believes in what he said earlier in the week?! Or has he finally changed his mind that his team might just be relegated?!

altyf

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2008, 08:56:38 PM »

The first half was a completely dull affair and we were more guilty of playing the long ball game than you. It was completely useless pumping every ball up for Senior to chase and I actually felt sorry for him because he worked his socks off but just didn't get the service.

Banim and Makin were by far your best players, Denham was impressive first 45 but I thought JJ and Warren delt with him really well. Fearns was an absolute waste of space and I really expected you to have a right go at us last 20, but strangely we were never really under threat. Our back four was outstanding in my opinion, Tinson and Young simply didnt put a foot wrong all game.

Overall, we completely deserved the win, without playing outstandingly we got the required 3 points because our tactics in terms of dealing with Denham and winning the scraps. And at the end of the day, its the ability to win a match like that which is important, not always the performance.

flaggerN

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »

Three points, great support and Liam King man of match. Enough said enjoy the moment.

penfold

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 12:34:36 AM »

The 1st half was crap, both teams were awful and the ball was in  the air far too many times. The second half GH team talk must have worked as we came straight out of the traps, our passing was much better and the movment overall was great. Littles goal was fantastic he did well to move away from the defenders and make contact with the ball. After our second half performance we deserved those 3 points, droyslden had possibly 3 chances which hit the bar, but Coburn had those sorted with no trouble at all. Lets hope we can take  3 points from Farsley then i will be more positive about singing "we're not going down".

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 08:34:50 AM »

How on earth did colin get that much space at the back post for our second goal, I can only imagine he timed his run perfectly, however the home team defending was awful, given that surely Munroe should have started.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Butty

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »

And what was even worse, a minute later, we had a freekick on the opposite side of the box, and again, colin peeled away at the back post and almost got to the ball again

altyf

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »

And what was even worse, a minute later, we had a freekick on the opposite side of the box, and again, colin peeled away at the back post and almost got to the ball again

And if he hadn't peeled away quite so wide he could have easily scored a goal identical to his first!
I think that, whilst it was poor marking, it was a really intelligent move and I think its really hard to defend against....it was similar to Rods goal against Northwich when we won 3-0.

I thought dugdale was poor for Droylsden yesterday and can't understand why Munroe didn't start for them

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: My view of the game
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »

ref was fussy and missed alot that went on.
But the ref the still managed to get 9/10 in NLP.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden