News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dave Pace

Author Topic: Dave Pace  (Read 2718 times)

markecky

Dave Pace
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »

I have to say I quite like the fella these days but his comments in todays MEN really made me smile

In advance of Saturday's game, Dave Pace, the Droylsden boss, has told the , "We have to beat Alty it's as simple as that, but we're certainly capable of doing so. I've said all along we won't go down and nothing that's happened to us so far has altered that view. It's a case of getting the lads to believe in themselves and, if we can drag ourselves back to within seven points of Alty, with a game in hand, anything's possible. The Bloods have won their last two games; in the league against Kidderminster and in the Setanta Shield against Farsley Celtic.

What about losing three out of four games 5-0 Dave or the 8-0 at Crawley?  There must have been times when he thought "we might go down here..."

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Dave Pace
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:53:34 PM »

I have to say I quite like the fella these days but his comments in todays MEN really made me smile

In advance of Saturday's game, Dave Pace, the Droylsden boss, has told the , "We have to beat Alty it's as simple as that, but we're certainly capable of doing so. I've said all along we won't go down and nothing that's happened to us so far has altered that view. It's a case of getting the lads to believe in themselves and, if we can drag ourselves back to within seven points of Alty, with a game in hand, anything's possible. The Bloods have won their last two games; in the league against Kidderminster and in the Setanta Shield against Farsley Celtic.

What about losing three out of four games 5-0 Dave or the 8-0 at Crawley?  There must have been times when he thought "we might go down here..."
Perhaps Mr Pace should have been named Derby manager to go with their new Chairman who thinks Derby are going to be a worldwide brand like Man Utd in 10 years.
They really should be beating teams like us

matnvfcmad

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 06:25:14 PM »

i think Mr Dave Pace is on another planet ;)

Longman

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 06:37:21 PM »

I'll have what he's having!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »

To be fair to Pacey, here's his original thoughts on what life in the conference would be like.
May 2007

"I am not going in there to make up the numbers," he told BBC Sport. "I want to be up there challenging and I think we will be a force to be reckoned with."

"I am going out to win it. I am not being big-headed by saying we are going to win it but we are going out to win it," he insisted.

"If that becomes mathematically impossible then we will be going for second, third or as high as we can. "

He might always have believed they could at least finish 20th but it's slightly different to his origianl hopes.

I think his season has gone roughly, Christ we're not gonna win this league, maybe the play offs...ok 6th will do...crikey I hope we can stay top half....jesus I'll settle for mid table obscurity......14th...15th....16th....

James Black

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 07:17:33 PM »

well scared mister pace ur team is doing great not. How can he say he can still believe there staying up not even we have conceded that many. If we put da ball in da net a bit more and kept out da opposition more we'd be a good mid table team fact. Find it hard out Droyslden can find anyway in which they can improve there team but scrap da whole of the current team.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 07:35:08 PM »

"put da ball in da net "
 :D ;D

Altyant

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 07:35:39 PM »

lol its a shame that players like Banim dont agree with him

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »

Thats Dave Pace MBE right???

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Droylsden/

when they stay up, I will sign this... in my own blood. (no pun intended)

Butty

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:48:20 PM »

Well, james, if alty score more and keep the opposition at bay, of course we will be higher up the table
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dave Pace