PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Terrible...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Terrible...  (Read 27617 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Terrible...
« on: October 28, 2006, 08:29:23 PM »

Got back a short time ago and I still haven't calmed down after seeing possibly our worst performance in years. 1 shot on target, 1 corner and I think possibly one pass from our player that reached another Alty player (or so it appeared). Our midfield were nowhere and Rod and Joe up front were clueless. I'm sick of hearing how good Joe supposedly is when quite frankly he's rubbish. I've never seen anyone with such a poor first touch - I don't think he managed to control the ball once. 169 of us traipsed down to watch that - I think 169 of us deserve our money back.

rdfc

Re: Terrible...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 08:46:52 PM »

Being honest i think you were totally outplayed and your manager didn't know how to cope with it.This is not a put down just an honest opinion.

You can't have your money back we need it bigtime  ;).If you were playing at home i could see your point.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 08:50:06 PM by rdfc »

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 09:08:43 PM »

Looks like time has runout for the reserve lineup then. 

If you look at the quality on the bench surely its a case of what could have been?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 09:15:58 PM »

We were terrible looked to have no idea going forward and couldn,t cope with there pace, Man of the match for Alty? :'(
@AltyDaz

rdfc

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 09:26:32 PM »

We were terrible looked to have no idea going forward and couldn,t cope with there pace, Man of the match for Alty? :'(

Your MOM you've got to be joking thats an insult to even ask the fans that went :o.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 09:48:22 PM »

Fair play to R & D they expolited our weekness of not having a bona fide left back and they created havoc down our left. Although O'Niell and Thornley were poor Scott and Peyton were bloody woeful.

Good points out the 90 mins of hulmiliation were Hussisn and Little playing about 30  mins.
Full time and proud of it

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 09:50:44 PM »

Your MOM you've got to be joking thats an insult to even ask the fans that went :o.
Tounge in cheek question.
@AltyDaz

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 09:54:56 PM »

We were awful today, but hey, we'll bounce back. It is now nearly 41 years since my first match and we're still here. In a few months Rushden wil be but a footnote on FA Cup history.
We are part of the heritage of the FA Cup, but 3 points vs Southport last week was far more important than todays defeat.

We'll bounce back at York next week - how could these guys let Daisy down!
Some idiot suggetested GH resign today... what a pratt.  Geoff and the board really understand football and GH is in the same mould as Dario at Crewe - someone who loves his club and cares!

C'mon you Robins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 10:43:16 PM »

We lacked passion today and the game passed too many Alty players by.  We never tested their defence and were run ragged 3 very good players. Whether 5 in midfield like at Oxford instead of the 4 we won't know but at least GH was going for it.

The effort the lads put in getting recent results at Aldershot, Cambridge and Oxford might well have been FA Cup performances given the context. This is what we face week in week out, so an off day against a recent ex-League side with massive budget must be put into perspective.

I'm as gutted as anyone to miss out but we WILL have our day again in the Cup one day soon, in the meantime lets look at the bigger picture and remember what we face each week - and be proud of what we're doing. Good to see Colin and Eddie get half an hour...

dissapointed

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »

just got bak an couldnt agree less. wot a dispicable heartless performance

Bath Alty

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 12:13:12 AM »

Any explanations for the change in the team's performance today?

Could it be the extra pressure of the cup.  In the league we are underdogs everyweek, we go into most games to give it a good go and if we get three points it's a bonus. 

This week there was much more pressure - from our history, from the love we have the cup and the finances.  Could it also explain our poor form towards the end of recent seasons when the stakes are raised.  Although obviously end of Conf North season was much better, qualifying 5th was an unexpected bonus and being away from home again meant that a defeat wouldn't have been seen as a disaster?

We do well when we have a "nothing to loose everything to gain" approach, not so well when we really need win?  Just a thought...

babybrads

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 12:23:16 AM »

yes we did not get to play realy i think r & d are a very attacking side with good wingers who ript us to shreds when colin and eddy come on i seen a little difference we did atually get a corner and a shot :) but o well i really was inpressed with the support still after we were being outplayed  it cheered me up a little

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 12:27:09 AM »

just got bak an couldnt agree less. wot a dispicable heartless performance

Was it really heartless?

I concede we were poor, but can you identify any players that weren't putting in enough effort today? I can't.

IMO Rushden didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon, and at the same time you could tell we we're trying to get things going but just weren't coming off and as such you could see the players becoming more and more frustrated. We didn't play well because firstly Rushden didn't let us and secondly we finally felt the full effect of our injury problems.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 12:29:38 AM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 08:57:49 AM »

I would imagine that was the best Rushden could play with that being the worst we could have.

Their left winger was quality and could have just won the match on his own.

Look on the bright side, we can concentrate on the league now (and FA trophy) the last thing our small squad needs is extra games . ::)

I know the £10,000 would have been nice and sorry to the board for this comment but I would rather have had a bad day today rather than a league game.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 09:31:35 AM by gazwarrington »

Two of Diamonds

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 10:26:31 AM »

You have to remember we just sacked our manager and this was our first home game since we did. There was bound to be a reaction from our players as we've gone back to 4-4-2, cos the players decided to play that formation. I believe we are as good as that when we've got that formation (should have won at Weymouth last week), but a real test awaits us as we're at ome to D & R next week. It's our first win in 9 attempts so that had to change sooner rather than later as well.
The ref, well he completely lost the plot in the 2nd half, the only booking I thought was fair enough was to your number 8 for persistant fouling, none of the others were real worthy of a yellow card.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Terrible...