PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos Logan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Carlos Logan  (Read 13842 times)

Lew Needham

Re: Carlos Logan
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 08:48:30 PM »

Wouldn't say we were terrible it was just a relegation battle with two teams playing for their lives!!

Agree though we need players who hug the touchline and run at defenders instead of four similar players across the midfield.

As far as Warren goes I would say you can't doubt his fitness and heart but he is just physically too slow for this level and is not a wide midfielder.

Lew Needham

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 08:54:15 PM »

Denham was only kept quiet in the second half when Warren stopped playing full back alongside Jennings and pushed on. In the first half he spent the whole half stood next to Jennings which seemed to confuse Jennings.

I like Warren and will support him but i honestly don't feel he is a good left winger his positional play is poor and gets caught on the ball all the time.

People see different things in different players so I accept this is just my opinion.

Alty365

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 08:55:25 PM »

None of the above alters the fact that Carlos Logan is absolutely SHAT!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 08:56:29 PM »

I have full respect for players with full passion which is an Alty tradition but its not enough to keep teams up and we need to stay in this league. I believe Carlos would have changed games for the good, especially last night. We were crying out for him. Even Joe played better than Peyton when he came on and thats a right footed striker on the wing. I have seen plenty of players who have the passion but ain't good enough for this standard. My main point is people have had a go at Carlos and it was well out of order, never given a chance, don't think he played three games in a row. Graham is old school and I think sometimes skillful players scare him and he plays safe but if you watch Warren he is so so slow. I am worried for the rest of the season. We need at least one winger who could take people on and get to the byline and swing any sort of cross in because at the moment like all season we have tried hoofing it up to Senior and Little, I love those two but they ain't going to win it that way. There has been spells recently that we have got it on the ground and passed and we can do it, but it is very few spells. Warren is no wide player, love his passion but he's not good enough and surely thats the simple fact. Now we have no-one to play there so we'll have to see how it goes.

Hodgey

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »

I reckon we have only heard one side of the story, and I think there was more to it than 'please give me a call if you decide to leave' as we have been told. I thought Carlos had something but was never give a real run in the side and its a shame he left the club, especially if he did leave under the circumstances we have been told.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 09:03:55 PM »

Our best defence is to attack teams like we did against Droylsden in the second half, not sit back. We need Warren to push forward, most games he's stood on the toes on Jennings. Denham got loads of the game in the first half when we defended and then hardly touched it in the second. A lot of the time Warren watches the game go by, I could cover all blades of grass, I will go in hard on 50 / 50 challenges should I not be playing?? Nothing wrong with Logans tracking back from what I saw, made a mistake with one back pass and got slayed, Stuart was at fault for the 1st Woking goal but no-one mentioned that ?? Logan defended well because he was quick. Oh and you mentioned he couldn't cross, when did Peyton last set up a goal from a cross ? and if you can remember when was the one before that ?? the fact is we need to stay up and we had a better player than Peyton sat on the bench.

Reading Robin

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »

A big shame for the club i feel, he provided a spark and i would like to have seen played a lot more.  People questioned his final ball (not as bad as made out), but we don't have any players at the club with his dribbling ability.  Must have seen the writing on the wall when 3 full-backs are picked on the bench ahead of him.

Alty365

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 09:09:24 PM »

I thought Stuart was unsighted for the 1st Woking goal and it was a genuinely good finish.

I'm going to stop there because I don't want to appear as though I'm disagreeing with everything you say for the sake of it (which I'm not because you do talk a lot of sense).  :)

Whatever the future holds let's hope the team continue the revival since the turn of the year.

Come on Alty!!!!

Alty365

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »

Must have seen the writing on the wall when 3 full-backs are picked on the bench ahead of him.

He had already left by then.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 09:14:25 PM »

I agree we can go on and on about Logan. Forums are for people's opinion and I want to be proved wrong, but I am concerned. I have never been so stressed watching Alty than this season, especially at home. I would be devastated for us to go down. Anyway at least it will stop me from always shouting ' get logan on ' ha. Come on Alty !!!!

baldrick

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »

If a player would prefer to play in Ireland rather than the BSP there must be something seriously wrong.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »

I think that a simple statement on the difference between Warren Peyton and Carlos Logan is that you can rely on Warren Peyton whereas it is patently obvious that Logan is a different matter.

I speak to scouts who come to Moss Lane, the same ones that used to come to United reserve fixtures, and including a guy who knew him as a kid at City, and the almost unanimous view is that with Logan there is no end product, he gets into a crossing position and then just belts it indiscriminately across goal. Also he is very poor defensively, reluctant to track back. Also prone to 'sulk' if it isn't going his way or he gets criticism

Peyton is an experienced, hard working player, not blessed with the same degree of natural skill but a much better asset for a team in our position.

I'll not lie, I didn't rate Logan after his first two or three matches, he flattered to deceive and looking at the bigger picture contributed very little of a positive nature

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »

and lets not forget Warren is the "face of the forum" .. That shows Passion for me !!

Just like the celebration of goals recently lots of passion.. Even the loan players seem happy to be here, just look at Shotton when we score.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:37 PM »

If a player would prefer to play in Ireland rather than the BSP there must be something seriously wrong.

Not trying to get dragged into this debate but ask most footballers want they want to do and they will tell you they want to play football.

Maybe thats  why he has gone there as he has probably been promised to play more games
ParkINson's red and white army

chrisrufc

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 10:54:20 PM »

We've got a left winger who can go  in Sam Duncum alhough he made the bench Tuesday.  More of the Logan mould than Peyton
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos Logan