PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos Logan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Carlos Logan  (Read 13820 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Logan
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2008, 05:52:34 PM »

He would have ripped Nantwich apart.
Full time and proud of it

bighairedmike

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 09:45:58 PM »

Peyton has NO end product, jesus people go on about Logan with no end product. Peyton DOES NOT set goals up. And Peyton gave away the ball against Farsley fu*king loads,' I know I have the ball let me hoof it in a panic' People are blind !!!!The speed of the conference is far too quick for him. Support him all you like but I can only see one way for us and that is down !!!!

Is 2 goals in the conference no end product?

And too add, when he did come on, no-one wanted to pass to him and when he had the ball no-one supported him. Warren is loyal but is out of his depth, but people don't see it because of his determination. He would make a good centre mid in the Unibond Prem or Conference North. We need wide men, look how teams do it against us, yeah they have money but we had a quality player in Logan sat on the bench. Did he not set a goal up in the Cup recently. Jennings set two up against Droylsden and he's a left back, maybe try him on the wing - quick and skillful. Can people not see we need wide men providing crosses in because all we do is hoof it up to the front two and they never win it !!! sorry but a lot of you are blind and how can he ever be slagged off when he never played more than three games in a row !

He set up a goal in the cup against a Conference North Side. Some quality player!
You say play Jennings on the wing. The First (decent) left back we have had in a few years and you want to play him on the wing? Who will we play left back then?

starjammer

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2008, 10:02:41 PM »

Peyton has NO end product, jesus people go on about Logan with no end product. Peyton DOES NOT set goals up. And Peyton gave away the ball against Farsley fu*king loads,' I know I have the ball let me hoof it in a panic' People are blind !!!!The speed of the conference is far too quick for him. Support him all you like but I can only see one way for us and that is down !!!!

And too add, when he did come on, no-one wanted to pass to him and when he had the ball no-one supported him. Warren is loyal but is out of his depth, but people don't see it because of his determination. He would make a good centre mid in the Unibond Prem or Conference North. We need wide men, look how teams do it against us, yeah they have money but we had a quality player in Logan sat on the bench. Did he not set a goal up in the Cup recently. Jennings set two up against Droylsden and he's a left back, maybe try him on the wing - quick and skillful. Can people not see we need wide men providing crosses in because all we do is hoof it up to the front two and they never win it !!! sorry but a lot of you are blind and how can he ever be slagged off when he never played more than three games in a row !

He set up a goal in the cup against a Conference North Side. Some quality player!
You say play Jennings on the wing. The First (decent) left back we have had in a few years and you want to play him on the wing? Who will we play left back then?

I presume 'some quality player' is ironic  ::)   Firstly Conference North Side or not - HE SET UP A GOAL! In my book that gives him something lacking from Peytons game.
Peytons' long balls to no one will never set up a goal 9 times out of 10 it will give possession to the oppostion. As a fellow supporter near me exclaimed as one of his hopeful long balls was launched "Everytime   >:(  " (for those of you who wonder what that means - Everytime the central defender will head the ball away and everytime we will lose possession - and add to that WE WILL NEVER SCORE

With no real target man, and players reluctant to support play by getting in the box, Logan was wasted playing for Alty, and the loss is Alty's simple as.
The anti-Logan bandwagon and what amounts to slagging off on this forum started some time ago, so he's better off somewhere else, which seems to me a sensible decision.
Good luck to him

bighairedmike

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2008, 10:41:06 PM »

I presume 'some quality player' is ironic  ::)   Firstly Conference North Side or not - HE SET UP A GOAL! In my book that gives him something lacking from Peytons game.
Peytons' long balls to no one will never set up a goal 9 times out of 10 it will give possession to the oppostion. As a fellow supporter near me exclaimed as one of his hopeful long balls was launched "Everytime   >:(  " (for those of you who wonder what that means - Everytime the central defender will head the ball away and everytime we will lose possession - and add to that WE WILL NEVER SCORE

With no real target man, and players reluctant to support play by getting in the box, Logan was wasted playing for Alty, and the loss is Alty's simple as.
The anti-Logan bandwagon and what amounts to slagging off on this forum started some time ago, so he's better off somewhere else, which seems to me a sensible decision.
Good luck to him

Some quality player was supposed to be sarcastic. Hope it came across that way.

What is more important? Setting up 1 goal in a tinpot cup match or scoring two winning (yes winning if you remember correctly) goals in the league that could possibly help us stay up. You say Peyton hoofs it up to a defender to clear everytime. Logan runs down the wing goes to cross it, off for a goal kick about 2 yards after it leaves his foot (Rushden at home). Scampers up the wing tries to cross it straight to the keeper (I lose count of how many times this happens). Goes on a run up the wing crosses it in straight to a defender (Again countless times) and that suicidal backpass against Histon.

I'll leave it to others to compare Peytons hoofing to Carlos' inability to connect properly with a football, but surely a player who can get around the pitch for 90 minutes, doesnt think hes too big for the club and can actually defend as well as attack is more of an assett to altrincham football club than one that cant.

starjammer

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »

I presume 'some quality player' is ironic  ::)   Firstly Conference North Side or not - HE SET UP A GOAL! In my book that gives him something lacking from Peytons game.
Peytons' long balls to no one will never set up a goal 9 times out of 10 it will give possession to the oppostion. As a fellow supporter near me exclaimed as one of his hopeful long balls was launched "Everytime   >:(  " (for those of you who wonder what that means - Everytime the central defender will head the ball away and everytime we will lose possession - and add to that WE WILL NEVER SCORE

Good luck to him

What is more important? Setting up 1 goal in a tinpot cup match or scoring two winning (yes winning if you remember correctly) goals in the league that could possibly help us stay up. You say Peyton hoofs it up to a defender to clear everytime. Logan runs down the wing goes to cross it, off for a goal kick about 2 yards after it leaves his foot (Rushden at home). Scampers up the wing tries to cross it straight to the keeper (I lose count of how many times this happens). Goes on a run up the wing crosses it in straight to a defender (Again countless times) and that suicidal backpass against Histon.

I'll leave it to others to compare Peytons hoofing to Carlos' inability to connect properly with a football, but surely a player who can get around the pitch for 90 minutes, doesnt think hes too big for the club and can actually defend as well as attack is more of an assett to altrincham football club than one that cant.

Considering the time Carlos got on the pitch I'm impressed that you can make such a definitive assessment of his ability (I'm being sarcastic by the way)  ;)

chris_faz

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2008, 12:51:29 PM »

I have seen both players play once against us(droylsden) I felt peyton was hard working but just sat in front of your left back (maybe to mark denham?) but he lacked invention and was poor on the ball, yet when we played yous at your place, Logan was very dangerous and gave our right back a very hard time. Your manager would have too choose between a man that will give your back left back  protection and will battle to win the ball, or a player that can sometimes create goals but (accordingly inconsistently). He chase stability over skill which seemed a good idea against us but maybe not other teams..........................

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2008, 01:13:28 PM »

Good luck to him

Sorry but I find it quite ironic that mention is made of  an "anti logan bandwagon" when yourself and ONeedham in particular seem to demonstrate the depth of vision and perception of Nelsons eyepatch when commenting on Warren Peyton

People have their preferences and football is a game of opinions and  we're never all going to agree on players

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »

Sorry but I find it quite ironic that mention is made of  an "anti logan bandwagon" when yourself and ONeedham in particular seem to demonstrate the depth of vision and perception of Nelsons eyepatch when commenting on Warren Peyton

People have their preferences and football is a game of opinions and  we're never all going to agree on players

Best metaphor ever!! if i could i'd goodwin you all day ATS

Alex

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2008, 02:08:01 PM »

Good luck to him

Considering the time Carlos got on the pitch I'm impressed that you can make such a definitive assessment of his ability (I'm being sarcastic by the way)  ;)

carlos played 50% of the league games he was eligable for in his time at alty just thought i'd get that out there :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos Logan