News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 'Notches'

Author Topic: 'Notches'  (Read 2468 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
'Notches'
« on: February 14, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »

To use London Alty parlance, Rubbish & dustbins will be a 'notch' for me on Saturday, quite embarrased what with it being at least our 6th visit there over the years. Got me thinking of all the current Conference sides (after Satd) the only ones I've not see us play at are Farsley, Histon and Torquay (not seen us at Burton's new place either but I did go to Eton Park, the game where the coach got bricked). Being sarfern Alty fans some of our number have some shocking admissions though, Rocky has never been to Barrow, Laurence to Droylsden (lucky bastards, don't know what they're missing). I imagine many of our younger suporters have never had the delights of Macc either. What are people's Alty 'away records' like?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 'Notches'
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »

I really hope all true Alty fans have experienced the hell venues of Alfreton, Gainsborough, Boston, Welling, Fisher, Frickley, Radcliffe, Worksop, any more offers.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »

Doncaster's old ground was somewhat of a toilet, Winsford United is another old skool classic. Worksop would win hands down for me the chavvy council scratter award though, Frickley is just another world.

bigcol

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »

I quite like the surreal setting of Gateshead. Huge stadium and everyone huddled at the top of the main stand.

Longman

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »

To use London Alty parlance, Rubbish & dustbins will be a 'notch' for me on Saturday, quite embarrased what with it being at least our 6th visit there over the years. Got me thinking of all the current Conference sides (after Satd) the only ones I've not see us play at are Farsley, Histon and Torquay (not seen us at Burton's new place either but I did go to Eton Park, the game where the coach got bricked). Being sarfern Alty fans some of our number have some shocking admissions though, Rocky has never been to Barrow, Laurence to Droylsden (lucky bastards, don't know what they're missing). I imagine many of our younger suporters have never had the delights of Macc either. What are people's Alty 'away records' like?

The coach got bricked at Burton!??  Can anyone elaborate as to why?  My company's head office is in Burton, right little dump of a town!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 'Notches'