News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Youth team..whats the point?

Author Topic: Youth team..whats the point?  (Read 5276 times)

brightonrobin

« on: February 17, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »

What is the point of the youth team? How many REGULAR first team players has it produced since it began.Couldn't any money it costs to operate it be better used elsewhere?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Youth team..whats the point?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »

The youth team is self funding i believe with players paying subs etc and fundraising to keep it going The point is it keeps an intrest for 18 year olds in Altrincham fc. Quite a lot of the players are regulars at moss lane.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:38:45 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:57:05 PM »

Think if we ever had the chance to move towards f/time it would be good to have some sort of youth team structure already in place, so i think its good we've got the youth's

James Black

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 01:47:19 AM »

hello isle wight robin can i just tell u how little u know about the point u just made i can name 2 players who have cum out the altrincham youth team in recent years.  Lewis Chalmers now at league leaders Aldershot and a england non league first team player then theres pat mcfadden. i also think is an offense to george heslop who has put so much in to the youth team and had alot of success in da league and cup comps so no i'm sorry da youth team isn't a waste of time.

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:47:06 AM »

hello isle wight robin can i just tell u how little u know about the point u just made i can name 2 players who have cum out the altrincham youth team in recent years.  Lewis Chalmers now at league leaders Aldershot and a england non league first team player then theres pat mcfadden. i also think is an offense to george heslop who has put so much in to the youth team and had alot of success in da league and cup comps so no i'm sorry da youth team isn't a waste of time.

I think he asked a question James, not made a statement. It was a valid question which you could have answered in a less aggressive nature. Obviously he knew little about it, hence why he asked.

prick!

James, despite being a troll has a valid point. It would be a negative step to lose the youth team. We have to think in terms of the next decade and look at how it has helped the club then. For me the profile it gives the club is the best thing, and a couple of players here and there shows it real potential as it grows in stature.

Alty366

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 08:49:05 AM »

quality ;D

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

quality ;D

Can you please reply in a less  agressive manner.

Pillock !!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:16:52 PM »

So it is one more youth player than Chelsea have produced in recent times. Despite Chelsea's millions only John Terry has come through the youth ranks(correct me if I am wrong)
They really should be beating teams like us

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 05:01:51 PM »

The problem at Alty is that at present there is no 'bridge' between the Youth Team and the First Team.

Once George Heslop's youngsters exceed the qualifying age for the Youth Team there is simply nowhere for them to go at the club, as we no longer possess a Reserve Team.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

the new whistler

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:41:56 PM »

we also have a junior set up,players from under 7's all the way through to youth level,hopefully we will produce some players from the new juniors set up in the coming years.

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »

we also have a junior set up,players from under 7's all the way through to youth level,hopefully we will produce some players from the new juniors set up in the coming years.

The other advantage being that the kids who are involved with the scheme will help to make up the next generation of fans too.

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:01 PM »

So it is one more youth player than Chelsea have produced in recent times. Despite Chelsea's millions only John Terry has come through the youth ranks(correct me if I am wrong)

Scott Sinclair.

Sorry! :-*

But then again hes not a regular but is playing more regularly now.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 12:03:53 AM »

Isle of Wight Robin.....behave...please!!!

Have to say though that Cult has a point, why do we not have a Reserve Team?

Yeah we had one but only in name to be fair.

The next step for the youth teamers is the Reserves, some may not make it but some will. There are a lot playing in BSN or the Unibond Prem who, with proper nurturing and development might just have been AFC first team squad players.

What we need is a Reserve Team, managed by someone like say Mark Maddox or some other player with an Alty pedigree and passion, properly supported and funded, in a competitive league

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 09:19:17 AM »

What about waiting until Mad-dog becomes manager at...oh I don't know...Radcliffe say.

We can then have an understanding along the lines ATS suggested.

And Radcliffe can pay for it which is a bonus.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team