PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Terrible...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Terrible...  (Read 27538 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 02:52:48 PM »

Tbh we shuddered when we drew R&D After Vics beat you 4-0, we knew the sack for Hart and the inevitable improvement in performance was going to cop for us. Same as when Morecambes pproblems came to a head with a spineless 0-3 reverse at Crawkey 3 days before they came to Moss Lane, just the way our luck is going at the moment.

One explanation I thought of this morning was the fact that we've been rubbish (apart from the Darlo year where we had 4 home ties and started at the 1st quakl to build momentum up) ever since prize money was introduced for the qualifying rounds!! How weird >:(

Maybe it's other teams being geared up for the bonus money players get for winning these ties but perhaps more so down to the types of players we have. None of our lads are money motivated (or maybe they are but just sh*t at maths ; :D) really and they kmow are problems and try and build with us. I hesitate to say it when talking about footballers of almost any level but they do play for the shirt really, they give us there all at all times. It's very rare we complain that they don't. I'm not convinced it's easy to switch mentality and suddenly improve by the carrot of glory or money :-\. We're hardly Clevedon Town, most if not all the players have played in decent stadiums or had league careers etc.

I think we'd have the lads we've got now who've worked wonders for us the past few years instead of once a year glory chasers.

Any views :(
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Terrible...