News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reflections of Yesterday

Author Topic: Reflections of Yesterday  (Read 17347 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Reflections of Yesterday
« on: October 29, 2006, 01:07:59 PM »

everyone seems to be on a downer, and fair enough I suppose BUT this was maybe just one game too many with the scratch team ?

We have been spoilt with results like
Draws with Weymouth, Oxford and Aldershot. Wins against Stevenage & Halifax and being unbeaten away since losing to Rushden last time.

and instead of being in a position like Southport we are actually doing well in the league. We have beaten the teams around us St Albans, Tamworth, Southport and got a very good draw away at FGR.

I would gladly have accepted 20pts from 17 games rather than a 1st Round FA Cup appearance if asked at the beginning of the season.

Alex

Re: Reflections of Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 01:16:25 PM »

i couldn't agree more yeah we miss out on the money which would be a big help. but i'd rather be doing well in the league than in the cup. if someone had said to you before the season that we could put a reserve side out at FGR and oxford and get results you would never have beleived them. so hats off to the lads, so let's put yesterday behind us and focus on 3pts at york.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 01:48:14 PM »

Fully agree!

Anyone know why it is a Sunday Game?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 02:10:58 PM »

I think there's a lot to be said for the theory that this was a game too far for the second-string players. Having said that, yesterday's was a game in which pretty much every Alty player was poor, first choice or otherwise. In a way that makes it easier to write it off - a real collective off-day.

Looking ahead, the game at York is bound to be tough but I suspect a few players will be playing for their long-term place because we then have a fortnight without a match before Crawley at home and so we could have something approaching a fully-fit squad for that game. It would be interesting to try and guess what the team for Crawley will be. On the basis of yesterday I'd have thought Little, Thompson, Bushell and Band could all start.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reflections of Yesterday