News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 torquay tuesday

Author Topic: torquay tuesday  (Read 4097 times)

thegazelle

torquay tuesday
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:24:21 AM »

if invited i am considering doing torquay and stopping over

what train from mc/r  i assume i can connect somewhere w
what hotel .
 i have to go back weds so will sort my own way back but would enjoy the night out

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: torquay tuesday
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »

Dear Mr Gazelle,Everyone on here that I have spoken to thats going by train will be taking the 10.24 from manchester piccadilly on tuesday morning,I think its stopping Itinery is thus,but you better check with national rail enquiries 08457484950 as you never know when they change these things.

Manchester Piccadilly 1024
Stockport 1033
Wanky Wanky Wanky Wanky  1047
Crewe 1100
Stoke-on-trent 1104
Stafford 1126
Wolverhampton 1141
Birmingham New Street 1158
Cheltenham Spa 1251
Bristol Parkway 1325
Bristol Temple Meads 1341
Taunton 1415
Tiverton Parkway 1428
Exeter St Davids  1443

Then we have connecting train that puts is on torquay at 15.33ish

Baldrick has booked a hotel,the acorn lodge if I remember correctly, but I have held off as of yet,and will book on saturday evening once the game is confirmed,it shouldnt be a struggle to find a bed for the night in torquay on a tuesday at the end of feb, we're also getting the 10.30 back on the weds morning.Hopefully with 3 points and thick heads.I know of four that are confirmed as on that train,some others are still training to get time off etc.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:03:04 AM by Hughesy »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »

So. how many are we actually going to have at torquay on tuesday??? Post here if you know anyone whos going

me,jim,beesley,rimmer and baldrick and its looking increasingly like the gazelle are on the 10.24 boogie train so thats six for starters, any london and south west exiles going to be in attendance?

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 10:58:11 AM »

Hughesy.... My ticket says we have to change at Newton Abbot. The 10.24 from Piccadilly arrives at Newton Abbot at 3.02 and the connection to Torquay leaves at 3.23 and arrives at 3.33

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »

You are right,the tickets advise the change at newton abbot,but you can change at both St Davids and Newton Abbot and still travel on exactly the same trains,

Ive only shown the stopping itinary up until  Exeter,but our train continues to newton abott and then eventually ends at plymouth.And we take the train journey with the best view in the world aloing the cost from Newton down to torquay
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:15:36 AM by Hughesy »

Alex

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 11:39:21 AM »

me and swayin dave are on the coach (crnt afford the wednesday off work) not if i want to make it to exeter on saturday.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 09:12:46 AM »

Me, Rocky and Laurence will be there, if its on. Haven't booked the trains or a hotel either, it's about 3h 30ish from London with a change at Newton Abbot iirc.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »

Trains are a joke !!! you can actually get a cheaper journey if you split your journey up. I have a mate who lives in Newcastle... if he books Newcastle to Blackpool its one price, if you book Newcastle to Leeds then another ticket Leeds to Blackpool you actually save £15 its a fookin joke, and then they wonder why people dont use public transport
while im on this rant Blackpool Transport the local bus and tram operator here 75% owned by the council or something like that, used to increase prices at the end of March, every year it gets earlier this year prices went up end of JANUARY !!!!!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 07:44:09 AM »

Hi i am the Alty fan living near Exeter i am also a signalman,You can change at either Exeter st Davids or Newton Abbot it will be the same train you got at Exeter anyway,which more than likely wil be a 142 boneshaker.I will be driving down for the game and Also will be at St James Park again for the Exeter match.
See you soon.
Harold

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 02:20:56 PM »

So. how many are we actually going to have at torquay on tuesday??? Post here if you know anyone whos going

me,jim,beesley,rimmer and baldrick and its looking increasingly like the gazelle are on the 10.24 boogie train so thats six for starters, any london and south west exiles going to be in attendance?
[/quote

Ok, Sarf London Alty and my good self are booked on the 13.05 from Paddington, due in at Torquay at something like 16.15 including the great 20 mins at Newton Abott!

I have also booked the Acorn Lodge so if you could let us know your drinking hole we will come and join you all.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 08:22:25 PM »

See this thread http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=4703.0

im guessing the hole in the wall might be a staging post, we arrive 3.30, throw bags in hotel, back into town centre, so prob be in ther for 4 I would hope!

thegazelle

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 08:30:02 PM »

have assumed all is ok on the home front booked the penthouse suite at he acorn. chap seems a bit stunned about the reason for the rush of bookings.
seems best option is to get train to brizzle and catch up with you on the train there hughesy can you pm me a mobile so ican come and play out in the same carriage as y'all. getting excited now

GULL810

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 11:50:38 AM »

Hi all. Looking forward to a good game on Tuesday. I am expecting a good fight from your players and think it will be a tough game to call. For those of you going by train I recomend changing at Newton Abbot. The train from Exeter to Torquay stops all stations. If you do change at NA you should have time for a quick pint in the Railway before you go down to TQ. Also make sure you buy your beer before you get on the train as its £2.70 a can and all they do is Hieniken. All the best

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 02:03:14 PM »

The question is do I go to Torquay or do I delay a loan repayment?
They really should be beating teams like us
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 torquay tuesday