News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve Bull - New Stafford Manager

Author Topic: Steve Bull - New Stafford Manager  (Read 3238 times)

altyf

« on: February 22, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »

Stafford Rangers "is delighted to announce that Steve Bull MBE, the Wolves ‘legend’, is to take up the position of Team Manager with immediate effect... Steve has a profile which we believe will bring supporters both old and new to Marston Road. He passionately wants to get back into the sharp end of football. He believes Stafford Rangers is the ideal environment for him to prove himself as a manager in the same way as a player, leading from the front and giving everything to the job in hand... Steve will be spending the next couple of weeks looking carefully at the strengths of all the playing staff and trying to improve the standing of the club in the league by picking up some points... Whilst we believe that Steve Bull will be great for Stafford Rangers, we want to express our thanks to Neil Grayson and Kevin Street for the magnificent job they have done in stepping in as caretaker managers at our hour of need". Steve Bull himself said 'I am delighted to fulfil a long-held ambition to begin a career in managemen... but as I developed my own events company, I suppose I didn’t actively seek out another role in football. It was during a recent appearance on Sky Soccer’s ‘Soccer AM’ programme that I acknowledged that I need ‘a kick up the backside’ if I am to follow a career in football management and this prompted a number of approaches from club chairmen. I met with the Directors of Stafford Rangers and there was an almost immediate understanding that both parties would benefit from me becoming their new Manager.I know I don’t start officially until 1st March... I will continue in my role as a Patron of Promised Dreams, the Wolverhampton-based charity that helps sick and terminally ill children. I am also proud to say I will also remain a Vice President at Wolves, and will be attending as many games as possible when not managing my new team'".

baldrick

Re: Steve Bull - New Stafford Manager
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »

This looks like a publicity stunt. He has no managerial experience and no chance of avoiding the drop.

cjstafford

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »

We are in a no lose situation. if he is completely pants we will know before the ned of the season and can replace for next year in the conf north. If he is good he has chance to assess what he needs for next year. ;D

altyf

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:34:46 PM »

On the other hand, you're on a good run of form (well, 2 wins) and hiring a new manager with little experience may not be the best thing to do.

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »

We are in a no lose situation. if he is completely pants we will know before the ned of the season and can replace for next year in the conf north. If he is good he has chance to assess what he needs for next year. ;D

You could say that about anyone. This looks doomed in the same way Gazza failed miserably at Kettering.

cjstafford

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 02:09:33 PM »

Despite winning the last two games any sensible stafford fan accepted we are down a long time ago. The additions you made to your squad look to have paid off for you. We pissed around and let the window go by without a manager. we cant compete at this level and are quite happy going down until things change off the field, which allows us to invest in a playing budget that can compete.
Having said that dont be suprised if we sign 3 season long loans from Wolves!!
You cant beat a bit of Bully. In One  ;D

VofD

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »

Stafford Rangers "is delighted to announce that Steve Bull MBE, the Wolves ‘legend’, is to take up the position of Team Manager with immediate effect... Steve has a profile which we believe will bring supporters both old and new to Marston Road. He passionately wants to get back into the sharp end of football. He believes Stafford Rangers is the ideal environment for him to prove himself as a manager in the same way as a player, leading from the front and giving everything to the job in hand... Steve will be spending the next couple of weeks looking carefully at the strengths of all the playing staff and trying to improve the standing of the club in the league by picking up some points... Whilst we believe that Steve Bull will be great for Stafford Rangers, we want to express our thanks to Neil Grayson and Kevin Street for the magnificent job they have done in stepping in as caretaker managers at our hour of need". Steve Bull himself said 'I am delighted to fulfil a long-held ambition to begin a career in managemen... but as I developed my own events company, I suppose I didn’t actively seek out another role in football. It was during a recent appearance on Sky Soccer’s ‘Soccer AM’ programme that I acknowledged that I need ‘a kick up the backside’ if I am to follow a career in football management and this prompted a number of approaches from club chairmen. I met with the Directors of Stafford Rangers and there was an almost immediate understanding that both parties would benefit from me becoming their new Manager.I know I don’t start officially until 1st March... I will continue in my role as a Patron of Promised Dreams, the Wolverhampton-based charity that helps sick and terminally ill children. I am also proud to say I will also remain a Vice President at Wolves, and will be attending as many games as possible when not managing my new team'".

What a load of "BULL" !!!!!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 02:12:03 PM »

You could say that about anyone. This looks doomed in the same way Gazza failed miserably at Kettering.
I disagree. Mr Bull is a better person than Gazza. I hope he does ok. I respected his loyalty to Wolves.
They really should be beating teams like us

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 02:45:30 PM »

Ah yes but you forget he started at West Brom before moving to Wolves. That is the footballing equivalent of being born in England and spending the entire war fighting for Germany.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 07:13:14 PM »

Ah yes but you forget he started at West Brom before moving to Wolves. That is the footballing equivalent of being born in England and spending the entire war fighting for Germany.
West Brom f****d him off. Wolves didn't. Rest is history.
They really should be beating teams like us

RocketDan

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 11:28:35 AM »

they shoulda got stan collymore in

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »

I hope he gets his first win on Saturday at home to Farsley on Saturday.  1st March is a great day for me - its the date we beat Weymouth 3-2 at Moss Lane in 1980 when I believed for the first time we could win the Alliance Premier League.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team