PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights team
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Tonights team  (Read 157393 times)

DarrenH

Re: Tonights team
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2008, 08:32:25 PM »

Stafford 1 down at Histon

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »

what a rediculous statement to have attacked them from the off !!! surely you would want to contain them and get into halftime at 0-0, we WILL get a chance, simple as. Nearly job done first half, we just need to take our chamce when we get it

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »

Surely playing attacking football away to Torquay would be suicidle. Fair play to the lads for defending so resolutely for 44 mins. I wouldnt go for it until 10 mins to go if we're still losing. We need to try and nick the odd point here and there away from home not lose 5-0 every game.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2008, 08:34:11 PM »

jesus , I thought our commentators were bad these guys in the argyle game are so dull. mind you they know that hardly anyone is listening, wonder how much they are getting paid?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Altyant

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »

what a rediculous statement to have attacked them from the off !!! surely you would want to contain them and get into halftime at 0-0, we WILL get a chance, simple as. Nearly job done first half, we just need to take our chamce when we get it

Exactly, we nearly got a chance just before their goal. Agree with the other posts, keep it tight and try and nick an equalizer.

Butty

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »

I agree with the idea of attacking from early on. We all know alty aren't fit enough to last the full 90, so why try and contain them for as long as possible only to concede a lot later on, when we are knackered? If we attack and maybe sneak the odd goal or two, we are covered when (if) we concede

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »

I would have started with two up front. Maybe not attack but I feel we invite pressure onto ourselfs by sitting so far back, we have been doing it so often this season especially in the first half. Our wingers are always stood on the toes of the full backs. I know that they are bound to be better than us but  I can only see us going down with that attitude. At least try it for one game, we give teams too much respect in the first half. If we concede another now that will be it !!!

Alty365

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2008, 08:36:44 PM »

I agree with the idea of attacking from early on. We all know alty aren't fit enough to last the full 90, so why try and contain them for as long as possible only to concede a lot later on, when we are knackered? If we attack and maybe sneak the odd goal or two, we are covered when (if) we concede

I think the theory is very sound but the bottom line is we're not good enough to do it.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2008, 08:37:11 PM »

Always happens....minute to half time I start fantasizing about gutting it out for a gutsy point and we concede :(  Uphill battle all the way now but as SW said got to keep the heads up!  Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »

If we attack from the off they will soak it up, then pick us off with better quality players.

Torquay v Alty was always going to be men against boys.  Sorry if thats harsh but its true.

To attack them from the off would be niave in the extreme.

Alty365

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2008, 08:38:52 PM »

We were one down after 45 mins against Cambridge and were unlucky not to get at least a point from that game in the end. It can be done and I think we'll come out fighting second half

Dougals Dad

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »

We have improved in many recent 2nd halves.

DarrenH

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »

Exactly, lets re-group at half time.
Let the cote do his stuff and keep the faith.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2008, 08:40:43 PM »

I understand it is easy to say but it is goals that win games and now with have to score to at least get a point. Sorry to sound negative but we will go two down before we play attacking footy and it will be too late as normal. I hope the boys prove me wrong i really do, but I can not see us scoring in a million years with one up front and wingers that play as full backs !!!

markecky

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »

We will get one chance in the 2nd half.

If it goes in they will be stunned and may not recover.

If it does not we will lose 3-0.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights team