News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tiredness? Fitness?

Author Topic: Tiredness? Fitness?  (Read 17843 times)

Chrissy

Tiredness? Fitness?
« on: October 30, 2006, 10:10:33 AM »

Has anyone noticed any of following four points

1.  Chalmers, Rose and Thronley look tired or off the pace a little in recent weeks, particularly Chalmers
2.  The teams we are playing, as they are full time are getting fitter and fitter with every day training and our lads are staying the same.
3.  Lawton is ther only player that can mantain the pace at this level for 90 minutes
4.  Although they are giving everything they have the ball has to go forward from each full back..and high and long too.  Probably because they get tired.

Any thoughts??????

I did not go the game on Sat but by all accounts it was a mixture of us below par and struggled to cope with the pace of their wingers/forawrds.  Might be a blessing in disguise and focus on the league. 

babybrads

Re: Tiredness? Fitness?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 10:18:55 AM »

i must say not also lawton can maintain pace i think that payton keeps running non stop till the whistle at full time  its true being part time we wont get the players as fit as can be and the players who play all the time will get tired thats what you expect being part time i dont now a way of changing it for the better

Chrissy

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 10:29:26 AM »

Ye I agree, not sure what else we can do.  Its not a problem for large parts of the game, but even our good results, a lot of the ball has been with them.  Chasing for over 60% of the game can't help either.  Reckon the Premiership players would struggle to go to work after playing and training too...then play again.  I forgot about Peynton as well.  He is very fit too.  Just been restricted at L-back don't you think?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 11:13:19 AM »

It's just
1.  a lot of matches with not much chance of a rest
2.  a lot of injuries with cover stretched to the maximum
3.  missing Colin Little big time

After the York game, we've got a fortnight to re-group and then push on till the new year and I'm sure GH will use this to get the squad back to its full complement.

One other thing I'd like to say is that there has been a lot of healthy debate on here about what is our best 11 with those standing in doing a fine job.
My view is that all the squad are good enough to do a job for us and the team and there would be no problem for me were GH to rotate players sometimes to keep the everyone fresh. The balance would be a difficult one but I'm sure our management team could manage it.
On a simple level to give examples; if the team we're playing are a route one side, play Talbs and Bandy. If they've got nippier forwards, Monroe and Rosey. etc., etc.,
That way those left out would know the ones who were replacing them in the team were doing so to meet a particular strategy.

I'm starting to go on a bit now, but does anyone see what I mean? - or agree/disagree?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 12:33:25 PM »

Re Regrouping, I heard a rumour yesterday that one of our home matches may be rearranged for the end of the month when we have a blank cup weekend perhaps FGR etc.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 12:45:30 PM »

That would be a fantastic idea - especially if it was a "winnable" onw.

Can't see FGR, for example, agreeing to anything like that - though that match would be perfect.

A mid-weeker from next year would be just as good.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

The Cult of Andy Windsor

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 02:42:03 PM »

Cambridge United have a free Saturday, so you could rearrange that home game from a Tuesday in March next year.....although I think that a blank weekend and a chance to take stock/allow injuries to clear up would suit us better.

Jez

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 03:02:13 PM »

Cambridge have rearranged their game with Gravesend for 11th.

FGR would be a good idea.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 03:54:54 PM »

Cambridge have rearranged their game with Gravesend for 11th.

FGR would be a good idea.

FGR have brought forward their home match against St Albans to the 11th November.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 08:23:12 PM »

Can't we just have no game and actually enjoy a weekend for once?

I'm joking..I'm joking

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 09:23:26 AM »

Northwich away  ;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 10:03:33 AM »

Northwich away  ;D

Yes that could be a good chance to beat them - while their first team's in Brighton!  :D ;)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 10:15:41 AM »

::) ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tiredness? Fitness?