News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So called 2nd team

Author Topic: So called 2nd team  (Read 13867 times)

alty 11

So called 2nd team
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:04:13 AM »

in my opinion this so called second rate team that has been thrown together to cope with injuries is doing a good job. constantly they are reffered to as the reserves and the seconds, i feel they are holding there own and the majority deserve their places in the side. i would go as far to say that a few of the supposed "starters" that are injured would agree that the likes of chalmers deserves his place, he has been superb.

this constant jibe at our players looking tired is also unfair, of course they are tired!!! they work full time aswell you know. so these second team players work through the day train tues and thurs nights and play in a very competitive league at weekend. maybe we should channel the anger from this weekends performance into getting behing them and giving the "second" players the support they need!

Jez

Re: So called 2nd team
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:26:23 AM »

Top Post couldn't agree more.

It would be a different thing if we were playing part time paper boys XI...but we aint gonna pull out big results every time we go away to full timers.

The difference with Alty and other teams we could all mention is that when the going gets tough at Alty, the tough get behind the team and rally around.

If we're part time and proud of it we're gonna have to view 3-0 away defeats to full time outfits as no disgrace.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 11:27:09 AM »

I know I only speak for myself but I'm sure most Alty fans would agree that although angry about going out of the cup again at this stage, we're not at all 'angry' with a set of players who have run through walls for us this season.

You're right though, some of those standing in have shown a skill and commitment level deserving of a pace in the team when everyone's fit.

I've talked about this on another thread and suggested, basically, a 'horses for courses' approach with teams picked to suit the opposition from a quality squad where different players can offer us different strengths.

That way everyone gets a reasonable number of games throughout the season and the players will be fresher for when the midweek games resume in the new year.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:28:55 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:13:44 PM »

GH will rotate the squad if they are all fit, as he has already stated! It is now a squad game.

It is right that he rotate the players to give us the best chance and keep some players fresh.

The full time teams are doing the same I guess?

Regardless of who he puts out I will be there cheering the lads on!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So called 2nd team