PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays team
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Todays team  (Read 18857 times)

Foz

Re: Todays team
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2008, 05:06:53 PM »

yes, I thought that it was going to be a disasterous day, but all in all, we seem to be in pretty much the same position we started it in. It looks like it will be 1 from 3 to join Vics, Stafford and Droylsden at the moment.

We have also had one of our most difficult remaining games, whilst the others have had less difficult ones.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2008, 05:09:02 PM »

Exactly Foz, exactly.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

louise1925

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2008, 05:28:31 PM »

True, Torquay and Exeter away in the space of a few days represents the worst of the fixtures we had left. It means the next two home games v Fax and FGR (both winnable) become of vital importance.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2008, 05:56:44 PM »

Right todays game first half we played quiet well,Exeter were brilliant.Exeters goal did not have a shot to save at all first half,Exeter right winger was very lively and was causing us lots of problems.
Second half Exeter we very quiet and we picked up the game was played mostly in the exeter half,that saidthey still had a few half chances.Roca and Little came on in a double sub and Roca was straingt into action down the left wing he has pace and was quite tricky and had a couple of shots ,certainly livened things up,he looks a good player.Cols goal was well taken in about the 91st minute,we still had time to get level,but Exeter then pushed up and we just run out of time,if the goal had come 10 minutes earlier then who knows.
The lads did not let the team down,just Exeters first half performance was fantastic,think we saw the league title winners today.
One downer was it cost £16.00 to get in Exeter decided to put us all in the stand and leave behind the goal empty,that was untill a group of Alty fans stayed stood up,the stewards then decided to let us into the away end after about 20 minutes of the game had been played.About 100 from Alty there.
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »

The lads did not let the team down,just Exeters first half performance was fantastic,think we saw the league title winners today.

That must have been a fantastic first half performance if you think there gonna win the league Harold. They've got a 13 point deficit to cut on Aldershot in the remaining 13 games. A not inconsequential amount of points.

I would say that we are now in a mini league of 3 rather than 6.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2008, 10:51:59 PM »

Another totally unexplained Peake.....announce yourself and explain please as I cannot see the reason?

These things should be identifiable.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2008, 12:15:28 AM »

Yep, today's game then, I know a lot of the lads have stayed over so it will be tomorrow for their take but here's mine....

Exeter bossed it from start to finish, they are very commanding at the back, centre backs won everything in the air and keep it simple, full backs bomb forward and Stansfield was as good as ever up top. Really was an uphill battle, they looked a better outfit than Torquay to me. When you can bring Lee Elam on as a sub there yet again you have the difference between us and the top sides. I almost expected after the great result at Torquay for us to lose this one and frankly by 30 minutes it was over. Second half Roca and Little when they came on deffo made a difference but we couldn't really get any joy out of Exeter today. Lads worked hard again but when you have a second huge trip in 5 days and you're playing a side packed with quality at this level then you have to hold your hands up, no need for mass inquests just move on and get back on it for Tuesday night. The lads (and the supporters, been an expensive week) can be proud of their efforts down in the west country this week.

PS-The stewards at Rushden could take a lesson in common sense from the Exeter lot.

markecky

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2008, 08:55:46 AM »

Yep, today's game then, I know a lot of the lads have stayed over so it will be tomorrow for their take but here's mine....

Exeter bossed it from start to finish, they are very commanding at the back, centre backs won everything in the air and keep it simple, full backs bomb forward and Stansfield was as good as ever up top. Really was an uphill battle, they looked a better outfit than Torquay to me. When you can bring Lee Elam on as a sub there yet again you have the difference between us and the top sides. I almost expected after the great result at Torquay for us to lose this one and frankly by 30 minutes it was over. Second half Roca and Little when they came on deffo made a difference but we couldn't really get any joy out of Exeter today. Lads worked hard again but when you have a second huge trip in 5 days and you're playing a side packed with quality at this level then you have to hold your hands up, no need for mass inquests just move on and get back on it for Tuesday night. The lads (and the supporters, been an expensive week) can be proud of their efforts down in the west country this week.

PS-The stewards at Rushden could take a lesson in common sense from the Exeter lot.

Virtually typed what I was going to.

We tried but we were a bit tired and they were really good in all areas.  No matter what we did.nothing made any difference.

One great run from Cahill could have got us a goal and Little's finish was class.  Other than that nothing happened.

Carlos Roca looked lively though when he came on.

Now lets see how we do in the 3 home games...

Bath Alty

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2008, 09:21:22 AM »

On the way out the Stewards recommended we write to Sally Cooke at the Exeter club address as we should get our £2 back - I suggest we ask them to send the extra money to Alty or STAR to subsidise the next few coaches or something as we will obviously not get our individual £2's back.

Sally.cooke@extercityfc.co.uk

Longman

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »

Right todays game first half we played quiet well,Exeter were brilliant.Exeters goal did not have a shot to save at all first half,Exeter right winger was very lively and was causing us lots of problems.
Second half Exeter we very quiet and we picked up the game was played mostly in the exeter half,that saidthey still had a few half chances.Roca and Little came on in a double sub and Roca was straingt into action down the left wing he has pace and was quite tricky and had a couple of shots ,certainly livened things up,he looks a good player.Cols goal was well taken in about the 91st minute,we still had time to get level,but Exeter then pushed up and we just run out of time,if the goal had come 10 minutes earlier then who knows.
One downer was it cost £16.00 to get in Exeter decided to put us all in the stand and leave behind the goal empty,that was untill a group of Alty fans stayed stood up,the stewards then decided to let us into the away end after about 20 minutes of the game had been played.About 100 from Alty there.

Cheers mate, good to know Roca looked lively.

Alty365

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2008, 02:06:52 PM »

On the way out the Stewards recommended we write to Sally Cooke at the Exeter club address as we should get our £2 back - I suggest we ask them to send the extra money to Alty or STAR to subsidise the next few coaches or something as we will obviously not get our individual £2's back.

Sally.cooke@extercityfc.co.uk

Not being funny but it was my two quid they took so if they are going to return it, it is rightfully mine. I will be doing everything I can to ensure they return it to me because what they did was completely wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays team