Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Crawley fiasco and who would lose points if their results were expunged...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Crawley fiasco and who would lose points if their results were expunged...  (Read 18349 times)

The Cult of Mick Carmody

Who knows what on earth is going on at Crawley?

Meanwhile, here's what the impact would be of them being removed from the league. 

Crawley Town have played 17 Conference games to date, winning 7, drawing 1 and losing 9.

The following team would lose ONE point:

Exeter City.

The following teams would each lose THREE points:

Stafford Rangers
Northwich Vics
Dagenham & Redbridge
Southport
Oxford United
Grays
Burton Albion
Weymouth
Forest Green Rovers

The following teams LOST against Crawley:

Rushden & Diamonds
Woking
Stevenage Borough
York City
Kidderminster Harriers
Morecambe

Whilst not wishing Crawley's genuine supporters any ill, it has to be said that the loss of three points by certain teams would work in Alty's favour.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Isn't there a site where you can play about with the league tables to exclude fixtures by a certain club?
It would certainly be interesting to see the league table without Crawley.

Having said that, I don't think it will happen. Someone will come in to save them.

I just can't keep up with all the chicanery.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Thanks very much Jimmy - very interesting (if hypothetical) reading!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

NLF

They seem to be having more deadlines than the Victoria Stadium. If only we had loads of extra days to submit Robinsons Int Clearance.

For the sake of their fans I hope it's sorted out one way or another and soon its just odd that the deadlines keep getting dragged out.

When things get dragged out it usually means its not good news.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

On the contrary, I think.
The fact that Moules et al are allowing it to be dragged out - or even allowed them to start the season - demonstrates that the powers that be would do almost anything to keep 24 clubs in this league to improve its credibility during ongoing talks to make it 3 up/3 down with Div 2.
The biggest problem will be to try and put pressure on the IRS to accept a deal as the club gets sold for next to nothing to those waiting to pounce.
How glad I am to be an Alty fan.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I agree with the last post that the conference will not step in and hope they keep trading!

I also think this is why Nationwide are pulling the plug! All the problems the league has had over the last few years.

The real crawley supporters must be going through hell!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Yes it will be a real disaster if Nationwide go.

Am I right in thinking that Pukka Pies are negotiating to take over sponsorship?!!

The "Pukka Pies Conference" will not do a great deal to increase the credibility of the league in the eyes of the Football League  ::)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Yes it will be a real disaster if Nationwide go.

Am I right in thinking that Pukka Pies are negotiating to take over sponsorship?!!

The "Pukka Pies Conference" will not do a great deal to increase the credibility of the league in the eyes of the Football League  ::)

your joking right! pukka pies conference is possibly the best thing ever! and hey the league had the milk cup so they have no right to be looking down their nose!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Hollands pies perhaps that's another story  :D - Pukka pies is that southern rubbish isn't it?  ???

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

PS:

If they gave us free pies to entice more speccies in the ground, I think I could be persuaded  ;D

Who ate all the pies

New sponsors
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 01:12:25 PM »

Pukka Pies are not the Southern softy type at all and used to be available at all top Northern grounds in the 80s eg Donny Rovers, Scunny and Chesterfield to name a few ! Think they are from the Midlands.

Agree though that the product does not conjure up the type of image that Moules wants to aspire to. But heh so what. Recently Sheff Weds were sponsored by 'Chuppa Chup' and previously 'Mr Tom' (think it was illfated dog food). Who can forget the Freight Rover Trophy or the 'excellent' Interlink Expressway Stadium (umm)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Pukka Pies ... used to be available at all top Northern grounds in the 80s eg Donny Rovers, Scunny and Chesterfield to name a few !

Makes a pleasant change from the cucumber sandwiches at the largest Northern grounds!

I think I should try a few before I make any more comments!

- mines a Snake and Pigmy  ;D ;D  ;)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Are they Southern? Well, it really depends on where you like to draw that divisive line. Personally I'd say not as they are manufactured just North of Leicester......however, they do have the added distraction of being sponsors to the 'official' England supporters band......oh dear.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

lem

Would benefit us too but I can't say I wish them any harm.

Hope it works out for them.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Crawley fiasco and who would lose points if their results were expunged...