Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Crawley fiasco and who would lose points if their results were expunged...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Crawley fiasco and who would lose points if their results were expunged...  (Read 18344 times)

baldrick

These clubs that close down always reappear in a lower league so why not just relegate them and cut out all the fuss. A few examples... Maidstone, Telford, Newport, Aldershot

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

For me, the whole Crawley saga has dragged on for far too long now. It's obvious that while the Majeeds are involved the creditors aren't going to see any of their money and they are taking the piss out of everyone. The Conference should have had the balls to get rid of them in the summer, no wonder Nationwide are giving up the sponsorship.

Johnnyjenga

For me, the whole Crawley saga has dragged on for far too long now. It's obvious that while the Majeeds are involved the creditors aren't going to see any of their money and they are taking the piss out of everyone. The Conference should have had the balls to get rid of them in the summer, no wonder Nationwide are giving up the sponsorship.

Not very nice really, how would you feel if people said, "the conference should have the balls to deduct 18 points from them and get rid of them"

It would be a shame for the fans and all those innocent people involved in the club if they were closed down.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

There are no parralels that I can see between the Robinson situation and Crawley's plight. While yes it would be a huge shame for all the loyal Crawley fans who've been there through thick and thin, to simplify Crawley like so so many before them have spent vast amounts of money that they simply didn't have, now owe huge sums left, right and centre and large numbers of fans are boycotting games because two men have ruined the club in the space of a year. We did that in the Berman days, had to suffer 5 years of plodding round the Unibond and only now are we getting back on an even keel.

The point is, if Scabs were kicked out in the summer, then Crawley (if they are to be consistent) should be dealt with in a similar fashion now.

Ashley Alty

Inland Revenue
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 01:50:09 PM »

I think the answer lies with the Revenue as to whether Crawley will survive this or not, and the Jeweller, Mr. Goodwin.  When the Cambridge United situation was settled, it was said that the Revenue would not get into any further arrangements with football clubs in that way and I think they are looking for the first victim.

I wish the Crawley Town fans and the Devils Trust the best result for all concerned and I know they are capable of doing whatever is necessary to keep the name of Crawley Town, in whatever guise, still playing football somewhere.

AA
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Crawley fiasco and who would lose points if their results were expunged...