PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FGR cheating
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FGR cheating  (Read 4014 times)

seasonticket

FGR cheating
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:51:13 AM »

Did no-one else notice that when their keeper sat down on his way off the pitch he did so because he was told to by his cheat of a manager. Harvey was screeming at him to sit down and play injured while we get a keeper on. If the ref had have had half a brain he would not have allowed the substitution until after the free kick had been taken.
It seems to me that, difficult though the refs job may be, the standard of refereeing is not improving and this applies at all levels possibly more so in the premiership from what I see on tv of that rarified overpaid atmosphere.

Dougals Dad

Re: FGR cheating
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:11:49 AM »

I believe, when a 'keeper is sent off (especially when a penalty is given) the subsequent substitution should not be allowd until after the pen/free kick.

That will mean an outfield player will go in goal & the defending team is properly penalised (& Alty might have scored!)

markecky

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:15:09 AM »

Just sums up FGR for me.

Disgusting snidey man in Colin Peake pulling all the strings.  I will never forgive him for campaigning so hard to get us relegated when others were being supportive or keeping their noses out.

We have the karate kicking goalkeeper who feigns injury as instructed by the manager.

And we have a pathetic 30 away fans and an uninterested 15 fans on the worlds dullest stag do who can only manage one song of "going down" all afternoon.  All this on the back of a 6-0 win and a chance to get right back in the playoff race.

We may go down but we will never be Forest Green Rovers..thank God.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 10:58:09 AM »

I can't agree more about how that football club is run, BUT, I would expect Heathcote to undertain the same kind of thing to allow us time to get a sub keeper sorted if we had a keeper sent off. I know at the moment we have 5 outfield players, but we're winning 1-0 10 minutes left Coburn off and we need to get the sub keeper on, do you a) put an outfield player in goal and risk loosing a goal or b) at least get the sub keeper on and give us a better chance. You have to ignore the antics of what another team does concentrate ourselves in doing what we can, and that chance came when O'Neill hit the post.

fgrfan

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »

to be honest there are more clubs in this league that cheat more than us. up until yesterday we were the only team in the league not to have a player sent off this season and we were fair play winners last season. what has happened in the past is irrelevant now. we've both moved on. we've improved and you guys have continued staying in the league like we did for nine years. i'm sure one season soon you'll get on a decent run like ourselves at the moment. congratulations on your win - i'm sure it will be helpful on your bid to stay in the premier.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:42:58 PM »

Just sums up FGR for me.

Disgusting snidey man in Colin Peake pulling all the strings.  I will never forgive him for campaigning so hard to get us relegated when others were being supportive or keeping their noses out.

We have the karate kicking goalkeeper who feigns injury as instructed by the manager.

And we have a pathetic 30 away fans and an uninterested 15 fans on the worlds dullest stag do who can only manage one song of "going down" all afternoon.  All this on the back of a 6-0 win and a chance to get right back in the playoff race.

We may go down but we will never be Forest Green Rovers..thank God.

Im pretty certain this was actually a hen do ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

James Black

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 06:35:46 PM »

Worst  Support Ever I thought farsley's support on a tuesday night was bad but that on a saturday from FGR thats terrible. Jim Harvey thickest person in Britain what was he getting that wanka keeper to stay on the pitch for. The game can't continue without there been a Keeper in net unfortnately.   

The worst support we'll see though this season is on the way on tuesday can't see crawley bringing many
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:19:04 AM by James Black »

altyf

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 06:46:20 PM »

They don't deserve to get into the play-off spot with away support like that. How can a promotion chasing team take 50 away fans on a Saturday after winning 6-0, when a part time team like Alty who are near the bottom and expecting a heavy defeat take 62 to Torquay on a Tuesday. Discrace.

fgrfan

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 07:34:46 PM »

They don't deserve to get into the play-off spot with away support like that. How can a promotion chasing team take 50 away fans on a Saturday after winning 6-0, when a part time team like Alty who are near the bottom and expecting a heavy defeat take 62 to Torquay on a Tuesday. Discrace.

oh well - i doubt we will ever go up because half the problem is that we get small crowds compared to who were competing with like cambridge, exeter etc. so what we have done so far this season is very impressive. although i notice the biggest big to that post was spelt incorrectly: its "disgrace" not discrace. its the sort of silly mistakes that i can't afford to make in my GCSE coursework.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »

At the end of the day we got the 3 points Mr Harvey!

NauticaPete

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 08:20:22 PM »

Fgrfan, a little more revision is required if you want to get more than a D at GCSE!
A couple of tips:

"We're" not "were" -
"it's" not "its"-
capital letters at the beginning of sentences-
capital letters for cities, e.g. Exeter, Cambridge.

fgrfan

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 08:21:36 PM »

Fgrfan, a little more revision is required if you want to get more than a D at GCSE!
A couple of tips:

"We're" not "were" -
"it's" not "its"-
capital letters at the beginning of sentences-
capital letters for cities, e.g. Exeter, Cambridge.

;) fair play!!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 08:36:11 PM »

blame the ref for letting him get away with it,i think there are a fair few teams about that would do the same.30 fans is 30 fans after all well done those 30 that travelled.
Harold

Butty

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »

oh well - i doubt we will ever go up because half the problem is that we get small crowds compared to who were competing with like cambridge, exeter etc. so what we have done so far this season is very impressive. although i notice the biggest big to that post was spelt incorrectly: its "disgrace" not discrace. its the sort of silly mistakes that i can't afford to make in my GCSE coursework.

Correections here:
Oh well - I doubt we will ever go up, because half the problem is that we get small crowds compared to those who we are competing with, like Cambridge, Exeter, ect. so what we have done so far this season is impressive. I noticed, though, that the biggest big(?) to that post was spelt incorrectly; it's "disgrace", not discrace. It's the sort of silly mistakes that I can't afford to make in my GCSE coursework.

Wow, that's how bored I am tonight.

NauticaPete

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 09:18:25 PM »

FGRfan, no hard feelings, just a bit of banter. ;) Good luck for your GCSEs m8.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FGR cheating